Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D(2)] AFK Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

Blakeocity
Old 03-30-2010 , 02:55   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #41

The Warning Messages for being moved to Spec or being Kicked don't work for me.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Last edited by Blakeocity; 03-30-2010 at 03:07.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2010 , 23:01   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #42

finally updated to last build and..

plugin doesnt check game mode - so in coop/survival/survivor-only mutations, it lets you join the infected team.

i "fixed" that with the 4 known mutations that actually work so far (mutations 3,9,12,13 - only 12 is 8 player).

i also doubled the kick time for anyone who actually !idles, instead of just going afk. will prol clean this up (to an adjustable value) if/when i update for newer mutations.

i also added support for detecting the pause plugin - without the detection, this plugin will kick everyone from the server when a game is paused. i made a post in that plugin (way back when i did it) for the required changes.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_afkmanager.sp - 562 views - 12.2 KB)
SaintK
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2010 , 09:02   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
finally updated to last build and..

plugin doesnt check game mode - so in coop/survival/survivor-only mutations, it lets you join the infected team.

i "fixed" that with the 4 known mutations that actually work so far (mutations 3,9,12,13 - only 12 is 8 player).

i also doubled the kick time for anyone who actually !idles, instead of just going afk. will prol clean this up (to an adjustable value) if/when i update for newer mutations.

i also added support for detecting the pause plugin - without the detection, this plugin will kick everyone from the server when a game is paused. i made a post in that plugin (way back when i did it) for the required changes.
Thanks for this update. Do you happen to have this tested on servers larger then 4 vs 4? (which it was origionally dev'ed for, but never was used as it contained a crashbug which we could not yet localize).
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2010 , 13:37   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #44

i have not.. but the source i based it off of (v1.3 in op) uses MAXCLIENTS and MaxClients whenever it has to check everyone, so i dont see why it wouldnt.

i just updated it cuz it had a crashbug in the !team menu in an earlier build (that he fixed in this build).. that bug only required 1 (or maybe 2) persons to have it happen... open the team menu and disconnect = crash.

i was using an older build until now because i modified it to not kick everyone with the pause plugin.
SaintK
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2010 , 13:59   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
i have not.. but the source i based it off of (v1.3 in op) uses MAXCLIENTS and MaxClients whenever it has to check everyone, so i dont see why it wouldnt.

i just updated it cuz it had a crashbug in the !team menu in an earlier build (that he fixed in this build).. that bug only required 1 (or maybe 2) persons to have it happen... open the team menu and disconnect = crash.

i was using an older build until now because i modified it to not kick everyone with the pause plugin.
Hi,

i was not aware of the !team + disconnect crashbug. It makes alot of sense cause i could see people trigger !team before the server crash. Could never relate this to the disconnect of a client.

I'll give this plugin a test, if it works without crashing, then finally the OP is as it should =) I'll ask Matthias to update the OP with your code.

Cheers
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2010 , 19:54   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #46

Big update since last posting..
changelog..
1.4:
  • Complete re-write of almost the entire plugin.
  • Added of Game Mode checks to determine 4 player and 8 player games.
  • This allows for improved team switching with chat commands instead of a menu.
  • While this is a tad more then is needed, it is what I use in other plugins as well.
  • Reworked the !team menu to reduce (remove?) crashes and weird behavior.
  • Addition of mins/maxes on pretty much every cvar.
  • Most (if not all) of the content that anyone would want to tweak is found up top now.
  • Added extended kick time to those who deliberately idle (!afk) instead of just afk'ing or crashing.
  • This lets people take a short break for nature or what not.
  • Added detection of the game being paused via the Pause plugin (might try and find a better way)..
  • Added detection of end game events so as to not prematurely exit.
  • Previous versions would auto spec everyone during the credits and then quickly R.T.L. (without sb_all_bot_team 1).
  • Fixed a few bugs with the team menu.. it was possible to join a team that was full.
  • Fixed event detection to disable during round ends (derr forgot the hooks).
1.4.2:
  • Added Scavenge as a seperate gameMode from versus (I use the same detection in other plugins, keeping consistant only).
1.4.3:
  • Worked on the new join code, fix a bug, create a bug, fix a bug.. and so on.
1.4.4:
  • Added gametype.inc for game detection
  • Added new game modes (via gametype.inc).
  • Removed OnMapStart function - don't think it is needed.
  • Added L4D check.
  • Removed some debuging code.
  • Maybe(?) fixed the unable to rejoin survivors in coop.
  • Added a fix for several potential client related error message (eg: client 0 is not valid).
  • Changed the PrintToChats in command functions to ReplyToCommands.
  • Updated/cleaned up code throughout plugin.
Requires gametype.inc to compile, which is some code i use in a bunch of gamemode specific plugins.. saves on updating everything when a new mutation comes out. because of this, the sp wont compile anymore.

no longer uses !idle, instead use !afk. added !teams and !teami commands also.

You only need the smx unless your snooping in the code or compiling it yourself.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_afkmanager.sp - 222 views - 25.8 KB)
File Type: inc gametype.inc (24.1 KB, 254 views)
File Type: smx l4d_afkmanager.smx (14.6 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by dirka_dirka; 07-08-2010 at 20:02. Reason: forgot about some updates
carredas
Old 07-16-2010 , 19:42   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #47

why i can't disable "the time after you will be kicked in afk" ?

// AFK time after which you will be kicked.. counted AFTER l4d_afk_g_fClientSpecTime. (0 = disabled, otherwise MIN_KICK = 10 seconds)

I put "0" but it didn't work

Last edited by carredas; 07-16-2010 at 19:44.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2010 , 21:18   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #48

looks like i did a global find/replace and screwed something up. never used 0 for that, so i wasnt aware. will look into whats wrong.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2010 , 22:54   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #49

fixed that issue .. and tried a few others:
Code:
 *    1.4.5 -    Fixed l4d_afk_kicktime == 0.0  & l4d_afk_spectime == 0.0 not working.
 *                Fixed !teami no longer working.
 *                Another attempt at fixing !teams in coop.
 *                Fixed a chat message that was never updated.
 *                Fixed if an invalid immune flag is entered into the config file.. defaults to 'z'.
 *                Removed 9 globals.
 *                Updated gametype.inc for new modes.
as before: wont compile on its own.. either take the smx, or both the sp and inc file.

REQUIRED: l4d_afkmanager.txt - put it in gamedata folder
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_afkmanager.sp - 314 views - 25.8 KB)
File Type: inc gametype.inc (24.3 KB, 290 views)
File Type: smx l4d_afkmanager.smx (14.9 KB, 268 views)
File Type: txt l4d_afkmanager.txt (1.3 KB, 331 views)

Last edited by dirka_dirka; 07-20-2010 at 14:11. Reason: gamedata file
carredas
Old 07-16-2010 , 23:07   Re: [L4D(2)] AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #50

thx dude
I will try this