Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

UltimateSurf v0.1.0 beta (25th September 2013) - tonykaram1993

Post New Thread Reply   

tonykaram1993
Old 09-20-2013 , 09:23   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #11

"why you are advertising your plugin in other servers?" - I have no idea what this is, I never advertise the plugin on other servers. The administrators are free to use it or not, it's totally up to them.

The simple message that prints to the users can be easily turned off. Second of all, if the user does not say /version, the message will not be printed. I don't see this annoying at all.

I implemented /version just for the sole purpose of checking the version of the plugin and/or whether or not the plugin needs an update. I think it's easier for the administrators to check whether the plugin is updated or outdated by simply typing /version. This is faster than opening alliedmods and searching for the topic to check whether or not an update is available. You might say that, that's already printed in the logs. Yeah you are right, but checking the logs is even more time consuming than checking the actual topic itself.

In regards to the auto bunny hop plugin, I cannot agree. I am a surfer myself, and surf quite every day. As soon as I see a server with auto bunny hop, I instantly leave the server. It's a surf server not a bunny hop server. You can always install the plugin separately, but I don't think I will add the auto bunny hop to the included plugins, I am sorry.
UltimateAdmin
Code:
rcon version | rcon amxx version | rcon meta version
rcon amxx plugins | rcon meta list | rcon status
I AM INACTIVE ON THIS FORUM - For direct contact: [email protected]

Last edited by tonykaram1993; 09-20-2013 at 09:27.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 09-20-2013 , 10:49   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykaram1993 View Post
In regards to the auto bunny hop plugin, I cannot agree. I am a surfer myself, and surf quite every day. As soon as I see a server with auto bunny hop, I instantly leave the server. It's a surf server not a bunny hop server. You can always install the plugin separately, but I don't think I will add the auto bunny hop to the included plugins, I am sorry.
You could do it with cvar too
Old 09-20-2013, 11:29
vikassharma
This message has been deleted by vikassharma.
vikassharma
BANNED
Old 09-20-2013 , 11:30   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #13

You mean only admins can type /version ?

"In regards to the auto bunny hop plugin, I cannot agree. I am a surfer myself, and surf quite every day. As soon as I see a server with auto bunny hop, I instantly leave the server. It's a surf server not a bunny hop server. You can always install the plugin separately, but I don't think I will add the auto bunny hop to the included plugins, I am sorry."

Ok, no problem as your wish but 1 question,
Then why it is in usurf plugin ?

Last edited by vikassharma; 09-20-2013 at 11:32.
tonykaram1993
Old 09-20-2013 , 15:23   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #14

Being in usurf does not mean it has to be in every single surf mod. I personally do not like auto bunny hop in surf, but yet again if youdo, you can install the plugin seperately.

No users can also type /version, but it's not forced you know.
UltimateAdmin
Code:
rcon version | rcon amxx version | rcon meta version
rcon amxx plugins | rcon meta list | rcon status
I AM INACTIVE ON THIS FORUM - For direct contact: [email protected]
Old 09-21-2013, 03:19
vikassharma
This message has been deleted by vikassharma.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 09-21-2013 , 08:13   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikassharma View Post
You told that it is for checking update for server admins without opening alliedmods then why it is for client too ? the key reason is "" ?
When he talked about updates, was about server op. The clients can use that command for know where they can download the plugin. That is 100% allowed.
And why you care so much about it if you can disable it via cvar?
Old 09-21-2013 , 08:21   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
When he talked about updates, was about server op. The clients can use that command for know where they can download the plugin. That is 100% allowed.
And why you care so much about it if you can disable it via cvar?
By turning off cvar i can only disable ads which is shown in game.. how to disable use of command /version ?
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 09-21-2013 , 08:49   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
By turning off cvar i can only disable ads which is shown in game.. how to disable use of command /version ?
PHP Code:
register_clcmd"say /version",        "ClCmd_Version" );
register_clcmd"say_team /version",    "ClCmd_Version" ); 

PHP Code:
//register_clcmd( "say /version",        "ClCmd_Version" );
//register_clcmd( "say_team /version",    "ClCmd_Version" ); 
Old 09-21-2013 , 08:55   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
PHP Code:
register_clcmd"say /version",        "ClCmd_Version" );
register_clcmd"say_team /version",    "ClCmd_Version" ); 

PHP Code:
//register_clcmd( "say /version",        "ClCmd_Version" );
//register_clcmd( "say_team /version",    "ClCmd_Version" ); 
Thank you so much !
Baws
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2013 , 12:34   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Thank you so much !
Or you can copy past the code in note pad or AMX MOD X Studio and click: Ctrl + F then type in there "ClCmd_Version" when you get to this, delete the code where it starts to it's end.
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 09-21-2013 , 13:22   Re: UltimateSurf v0.0.2 beta (18th September 2013) - tonykaram1993
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baws View Post
Or you can copy past the code in note pad or AMX MOD X Studio and click: Ctrl + F then type in there "ClCmd_Version" when you get to this, delete the code where it starts to it's end.
The way i said is more simple and is better. Doesnt makes any sence to delete a function and continue with the cmd registered.

Last edited by Jhob94; 09-21-2013 at 13:22.