Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Vehicle Kills

Post New Thread Reply   

Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2006 , 16:24  
Reply With Quote #11

Well it still reports the wrong names on occasion but other than that it's working great now

Just a request: Could you possibly add a cvar that if a person runs over their teammate they instantly get slayed? (Not on by default but it would be great for some maps like crazytank)
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-24-2006 , 03:04  
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo0m!
Well it still reports the wrong names on occasion but other than that it's working great now
I'd like to get this working as perfectly as possible, but do you know in what situations that it occasionally shows the wrong names? Perhaps it happening when there are lot of deaths by vehicle in a short amount of time? I'll try to look into this on my own though.

As for your request, I think that can certainly be arranged. Do you want this instant slaying to occur in addition to the death they may receive due to mp_tkpunish being set to 1 on the next round or do you want only the instant slay to occur and to block the slay on the next round? Or perhaps I could just set up some options for either one.
`666
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-24-2006 , 15:33  
Reply With Quote #13

or maybe when u get run over by team m8 menu pops up and there is option slay him or forgive him coz sometimes u kill ur team m8 coz he just ducking/jumping in the car
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-26-2006 , 13:20  
Reply With Quote #14

Ok, I have added the "instant kill" option to kill TKers. Please let me know if you still see any incorrect name being displayed in the death message. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a possible problem, but I have not found anything wrong with it (yet).
`666
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2006 , 17:25  
Reply With Quote #15

ones i killed some 1 with knife and it showed 2nd massage what i killed other player with the car but i didnt :S
Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2006 , 17:35  
Reply With Quote #16

Found one way that it seems to report wrong names:
One round I drove the tank, then the round reset, somebody else drove the tank next round and my name showed up when they ran someone over.
I haven't tested to see that this scenario leads to wrong names every time, but it's just something that happened recently.
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-04-2006 , 16:41   Re: Vehicle Kills
Reply With Quote #17

I have released a new version (1.25) that no longer relies on the Engine module. Also, if you use a team kill related plugin such as ATAC, that plugin should now be able to take action thanks to a new feature in AMXX 1.75. So forgiving someone for a vehicle kill that was a team kill should now be possible. I'll leave the TK stuff to other plugins.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2006 , 08:10   Re: Vehicle Kills
Reply With Quote #18

1st thank you Damaged Soul for keeping it up 2 date. Can you tell me please what part of code tells what death [img]http://img216.**************/img216/3010/death7if.jpg[/img] sprite to display? Was thinking to make custom one.
Thank You.
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-06-2006 , 05:06   Re: Vehicle Kills
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by `666
1st thank you Damaged Soul for keeping it up 2 date. Can you tell me please what part of code tells what death [IMG]http://img216.**************/img216/3010/death7if.jpg[/IMG] sprite to display? Was thinking to make custom one.
Thank You.
There really isn't any code that specifically sets what the sprite should be unfortunately. The death sprite changes depending on what weapon is set in the death message. I set it to "vehicle" and since there isn't a sprite for vehicles, it displays the generic death sprite. I'd love to be able to change it. But I'm not really sure if it is possible to do that without a client-side modification.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-06-2006 , 07:56   Re: Vehicle Kills
Reply With Quote #20

Well i gess have to stick with this one Thanks for reply.