Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-11-2009 , 11:57   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaturn View Post
thanks alot!

is there a suicide action hook?
also, I havent been able to get action uber to work. Can anyone here confirm that this works for them? I am not even getting any error logs or messages in my logs whenever I uber.

"Uber"
{
"file" "misc/godzilla.mp3"
"action" "uber"
}

Thats what I have listed. The sound godzilla.mp3 works because its also linked to the word "roar", so I know the sound isnt faulty. All of my other function/actions and chat to sound links work. I've also been able to link multiple words to the same sound without any problem so that shouldnt be the reason why its not working either.
Add "param" "uber" as well to your config.
According to FernFerret you don't need it but by looking at the code it looks like you do need it.

Quote:
I'd also like the option to play the sound to the target of the kill only. For instance, if I were to kill someone with my flamethrower the sound would play to my victim instead of me. Perhaps an "action" "die" category.

This is a really awesome plugin. I tried very hard to replace the sounds in game_sounds.txt and game_sounds_player.txt with mixed results but this is a good alternative!
Will have a look.
MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-11-2009 , 16:49   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gH0sTy View Post
Add "param" "uber" as well to your config.
According to FernFerret you don't need it but by looking at the code it looks like you do need it.

Will have a look.
Thanks alot. I changed my cfg accordingly and now the ubersound works.

It would be cool if we could get actions :

suicide
die (to play sound to victim)
destroy (for engies who destroy their own buildings and other players who kill enemy buildings)
healthkit (to link sound on pickup)
ammopack
healthcabinet
headshot (as it is different than "action" "kill" "param" "sniperrifle")
backstab (same as above)

and parameters :
pyrotaunt (for kill parameters for tauntkills)
heavytaunt (for kill parameters for tauntkills)

Last edited by MrSaturn; 01-11-2009 at 22:56.
monkie
Old 01-11-2009 , 22:05   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #43

can i define multiple Joinserver sounds, or only one by now?
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-11-2009 , 22:50   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkie View Post
can i define multiple Joinserver sounds, or only one by now?

"JoinSound" // Sound to play when a player Joins the server
{
"file" "misc/welcome.wav"
"file2" "misc/welcome2.wav"
"file3" "misc/welcome3.wav"
"count" "3"
"admin" "0"
"single" "1"
}
nOzE
Old 01-12-2009 , 02:33   Feature Request
Reply With Quote #45

Saysounds are funny but i often see people cancelling connection - attempts to my server(s). I think its because of the waiting-time while downloading the sounds!

Could you make a command or integrate a menu in the "!sounds" command like "download sounds". So only players who really want them have to download!

Or is there a plugin which downloads files to a client? Triggered by a command! I searched the forums but didnt find!
Old 01-12-2009 , 03:51   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
"JoinSound" // Sound to play when a player Joins the server
{
"file" "misc/welcome.wav"
"file2" "misc/welcome2.wav"
"file3" "misc/welcome3.wav"
"count" "3"
"admin" "0"
"single" "1"
}
thank u, i'll give it a try
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2009 , 04:13   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #47

One idea....

Can you add a cvar to give the possability of putting up some type of hudhint or message for joining/exiting steamid added saysounds?

Like..so when a player joins who has a saysound added to him, it says "blahblah's onjoin plays blah.mp3" or something similar to that... So if admins wanted to give players saysounds for onjoin or exiting, people can see who is playing the sound file, and it doesnt happen out of the blue.
MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-12-2009 , 10:28   Re: Feature Request
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOzE View Post
Saysounds are funny but i often see people cancelling connection - attempts to my server(s). I think its because of the waiting-time while downloading the sounds!

Could you make a command or integrate a menu in the "!sounds" command like "download sounds". So only players who really want them have to download!

Or is there a plugin which downloads files to a client? Triggered by a command! I searched the forums but didnt find!
Do you use a redirect for your hosted files? Servers need to have a webhost redirect for faster downloads otherwise their server (which prioritizes on lowpings and quick connection telemetry) is the one who supplies the client with the download.

I use a webhosted redirect so all of my files are downloaded from a seperate internet domain instead of the server. It leads to much faster downloads for maps too. The provider of your server should have a free webhost setup for you, and you can set all files to download there by adding the command in your server.cfg like so

sv_downloadurl "http://webhost.redirect.url/server"
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1

Also, most clients have the option to turn off downloading custom sounds. I'm not totally familiar with all games but I know tf2 has the option to turn off downloading custom content in their multiplayer tab.
MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-12-2009 , 10:31   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
One idea....

Can you add a cvar to give the possability of putting up some type of hudhint or message for joining/exiting steamid added saysounds?

Like..so when a player joins who has a saysound added to him, it says "blahblah's onjoin plays blah.mp3" or something similar to that... So if admins wanted to give players saysounds for onjoin or exiting, people can see who is playing the sound file, and it doesnt happen out of the blue.

I use saysounds in conjunction with the connect announce plugin. Whenever players connect it shows their steamid, ip, and a message of their choosing. The text is surrounded by green in the chatbox, at the bottom left (for TF2). You could put the sound tag on the end of each person's message. its not a HUD hint but it does the job.

connect announce is here :
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...nnect+announce
nOzE
Old 01-12-2009 , 18:31   Re: Feature Request
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Do you use a redirect for your hosted files? Servers need to have a webhost redirect for faster downloads otherwise their server (which prioritizes on lowpings and quick connection telemetry) is the one who supplies the client with the download.

I use a webhosted redirect so all of my files are downloaded from a seperate internet domain instead of the server. It leads to much faster downloads for maps too. The provider of your server should have a free webhost setup for you, and you can set all files to download there by adding the command in your server.cfg like so

sv_downloadurl "http://webhost.redirect.url/server"
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1

Also, most clients have the option to turn off downloading custom sounds. I'm not totally familiar with all games but I know tf2 has the option to turn off downloading custom content in their multiplayer tab.

Thank you for the information. I have 2 root-servers with 1000mbit each One is only for TS, Ventrilo, Website, SQL and Fastdownload of maps and other stuff. The point is: I / we force each player who hasnīt cl_downloadfilter set to download all (we have a lot) sounds only to turn them off later! I think the better way would be to let decide the clients if they really want to download and hear the sounds! With Eventscripts its no problem, but i dont want to use this s***t.