Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:19   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

I also may forget to enable debugging when compiling a new version, since it's not enabled by default. Debug info is printed to the server console and prefixed with [SourceBans], so if you're not seeing it you can uncomment #define _DEBUG at the top of each plugin and compile yourself.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:27   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
The new plugin doesn't overwrite the admins.cfg anymore.
Since SourceBans already has a local SQLite database that it uses to store bans if there's no database connection available (unless this was changed), the backed up admin cache can be stored there.

Last edited by Dr. McKay; 04-17-2013 at 14:42.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:32   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

well i assumed that was wrong since i did not have any admin access on the admin menu.

@tsunami: can you enable some form of debugging so i can check and see what goes wrong on my end?
Old 04-18-2013 , 15:36   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

Cant get custom reasons to appear in the menu ?
Any suggestions ?
animalnots
Old 04-18-2013 , 16:45   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
@tsunami: i tried using this on the cs:s steampipe, i dont think it has anything to do with it but i cannot get it to work. It does not download any admins.cfg. As a test i've installed 1.4 from the zip and used that, it works as expected.

With the new sourcebans i actually wanted to use "default" instead of "sourcebans" so i only have the "default" entry in there. It did not complain while loading (i have no sourcebans in database.cfg)

On the first post it mentions that its a debug version but i get about 0,0% logging. Anyways, the 1.4 works fine so the database connections are setup proper. Any ideas?

update: added the sourcebans entry in database.cfg to be sure for use with 1.5, also no luck. Added the IP in sourcebans.cfg too as test, no luck either. Fixed the typo on banreason nr 10, no change.
Same problem admins.cfg chmoded 777, no information is written. Database entry available, connection is ok. What's wrong ? Why it does not catch admins from external mysql db and throw it into the admins.cfg as 1.4 did ??
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 04-18-2013 , 17:57   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

Because as Peace-Maker explained in the post RIGHT AFTER the one you quoted, SourceMod has had its own admin cache for years, so it's only an issue if both your MySQL server and game server go down at the same time.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2013 , 03:07   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

I did compile the plugin with the debug in, even commented out the if DEBUG part to make sure but still dont get anything on my console. Thats it sourcemod 1.6 should not matter right? or i must be doing something really stupid. I did double check that the compiled file is the one i am using.
Old 04-26-2013 , 16:16   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
Because as Peace-Maker explained in the post RIGHT AFTER the one you quoted, SourceMod has had its own admin cache for years, so it's only an issue if both your MySQL server and game server go down at the same time.
I just dont understand why changes have been made if everything was working properly...

Quote:
Since SourceBans already has a local SQLite database that it uses to store bans if there's no database connection available (unless this was changed), the backed up admin cache can be stored there.
So what can be the reason admins not getting their privileges on server restart for ex..
SQL Connections are good and local (mysql on same machine). 1.4.10 working well.
thesupremecommander
Old 04-26-2013 , 21:35   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

I'm getting issues with custom admin permissions (i.e. not from a group) not showing up in-game. Is this an issue with the plugin or just with something on my end?
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 05-01-2013 , 10:46   Re: SourceBans 1.5.0 BETA game plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalnots View Post
I just dont understand why changes have been made if everything was working properly...
But not everything in the current plugin was working properly, nor was it easily maintainable or extensible. I explained in the first post that this is a beta and may very well contain bugs, and I do not recommend running it on a production server. If something isn't working for you, you can wait until I get to fixing it or go back to 1.4.10.

Quote:
So what can be the reason admins not getting their privileges on server restart for ex..
SQL Connections are good and local (mysql on same machine). 1.4.10 working well.
I don't know, I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupremecommander View Post
I'm getting issues with custom admin permissions (i.e. not from a group) not showing up in-game. Is this an issue with the plugin or just with something on my end?
SourceBans 2.0 doesn't have custom admin permissions anymore, so it could very well be that I forgot to add that to the 1.5 plugin. I'll look into it.
Closed Thread