Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Condition Zero Release

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

knocker
Old 03-23-2004 , 17:46  

hmmm maybe ...

but what the hell is valve thinking by placing a 270 mb big file on my laptop without asking me????
these goddamn popups are gone by some clicks, but installing a version of cs:cz without permission is the biggest shit valve ever did! i have enough space on my hd, but hey, nobody is allowed to install anything on MY machine

how much crap would be on my pc if every software company would install some shit i would NEVER purchase just in case i want to have it? thats another dimension of spam ...
Send a message via ICQ to knocker
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-23-2004 , 17:52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knocker
hmmm maybe ...

but what the hell is valve thinking by placing a 270 mb big file on my laptop without asking me????
these goddamn popups are gone by some clicks, but installing a version of cs:cz without permission is the biggest shit valve ever did! i have enough space on my hd, but hey, nobody is allowed to install anything on MY machine

how much crap would be on my pc if every software company would install some shit i would NEVER purchase just in case i want to have it? thats another dimension of spam ...
You mean the .gcf? That is installed by YOU preloading it.
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2004 , 18:23  

Any word on if/when Metamod X and AMXX have CZ support?

knocker
Old 03-23-2004 , 18:34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RED-Designs
]
Quote:
hmmm maybe ...

nope, i didnt want this file nor did i allow it to be installed. it was downloaded by steam itself. same on other users ive spoken with. why should i preload a game i will never use?
Send a message via ICQ to knocker
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2004 , 19:33  

steam forced people to preload it for quite a while.
Old 03-23-2004 , 19:34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
Any word on if/when Metamod X and AMXX have CZ support?
Tomorrow's release of AMXX and MMX should, if no set backs happen.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [RED-Designs
]
Quote:
hmmm maybe ...

nope, i didnt want this file nor did i allow it to be installed. it was downloaded by steam itself. same on other users ive spoken with. why should i preload a game i will never use?
With my steam install it only downloads the .gcf if I selected install. For instance I dont have DMC's or OPFOR's .gcf files and they arent installed. I dont know if you can just go delete these files without a problem later on.
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
IceMouse[WrG]
Old 03-23-2004 , 20:07  

Read teh EULA... OMG LOLOLOLOLZ
:\
Send a message via AIM to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via MSN to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via Yahoo to IceMouse[WrG]
ibm86
Old 03-23-2004 , 20:47  

Now we have 3 versions of CS that we must think of... CS:CZ, CS 1.6 and the old CS 1.5 - WON
Anyway... I'll stick to 1.6 =) (even if I will try CS:CZ for singleplayer)
But now the players will be split in 3 categories
Send a message via ICQ to ibm86 Send a message via AIM to ibm86 Send a message via MSN to ibm86 Send a message via Yahoo to ibm86
Nevex
Old 03-23-2004 , 21:27  

They give us onlien play??? They don't give us shit. the CS community makes there own servers. With CZ release we got regular CS repackaged with new maps and a Windows dedicated that crashes on load. The bots are far dumber then the original PODbots too.
azure
Old 03-23-2004 , 22:23  

Way to split up the community even more Valve... Now we have 1.5, 1.6, and CZ.. All the same game but requires us all to play on different servers. WTF

I personally feel like not supporting CZ at this time. I believe it should take the place of CS, rather than being an alternative. I don't feel that it differs enough from CS to be considered a new mod.
our CS:Source server : 66.150.107.6:27015
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
Closed Thread