Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2013 , 18:48   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine)
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by seupoj View Post
my rcon is gone roge it shows "Setting sv_visiblemaxplayers to 6 for MvM" yup i have installed the mod still it has gone roge why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
NOTE: Your console will be spammed with "Setting sv_visiblemaxplayers to 6 for MVM" because it is constantly trying to set to 6 but fails to, so it continues on.
You even quoted that text yourself.

Cleaner was updated a while back, but it strangely hasn't been mentioned in this thread since (I think). Try blocking the messages with that.
Old 04-03-2013 , 07:44   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)
Reply With Quote #82

Hello there,sorry to report a bug here(after tf2 update half month ago):
sometime the server will change maxplayer allow with no any reason,I don't see any error.sometime server change max player to 9,sometime it's 5 or 7/8.I have to restart server to make it right again,any fix to this?
Send a message via MSN to gilmon
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2013 , 07:48   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)
Reply With Quote #83

Are you using Visible Max Players, Replays/SourceTV, or SetMaxPlayers? (Or none of those?)
Old 04-04-2013 , 08:59   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmon View Post
Hello there,sorry to report a bug here(after tf2 update half month ago):
sometime the server will change maxplayer allow with no any reason,I don't see any error.sometime server change max player to 9,sometime it's 5 or 7/8.I have to restart server to make it right again,any fix to this?
I'm having this bug too.
I'm using the mvm_visiblemaxplayers plugin provided in post #4 of this thread.

Could FlaminSarge please update the mvm_visiblemaxplayers plugin?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited by GIANT_CRAB; 04-04-2013 at 11:04.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2013 , 20:00   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)
Reply With Quote #85

There's nothing I can do about that. If you've got SourceTV or Replay enabled, the visiblemaxplayers plugin will probably account for that and reduce the number, because the MvM bots require 22 of the 32 slots on a server, so the remaining 10 are for STV/players/etc, and you can't set visiblemaxplayers past that without some kind of bug.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
GIANT_CRAB
Old 04-05-2013 , 22:38   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
There's nothing I can do about that. If you've got SourceTV or Replay enabled, the visiblemaxplayers plugin will probably account for that and reduce the number, because the MvM bots require 22 of the 32 slots on a server, so the remaining 10 are for STV/players/etc, and you can't set visiblemaxplayers past that without some kind of bug.
So in a nutshell, Valve is being a complete asshole again?
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2013 , 07:38   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)
Reply With Quote #87

The 32 player limit was always around, so it's not like it's anything new. And the fact that replay/STV use up slots has always been... a fact, so that's not anything new either. And the fact that MvM bots use 22 slots... well I don't know what that's about but that's been there since MvM came out, so no, they're not, they're sticking to the standards they set when they came out with these things.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-09-2013 , 15:24   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)
Reply With Quote #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
That isn't what's happening.

There's a legitimate issue after the past few updates that will reduce visiblemaxplayers to a varying value. I've seen it at 9, sometimes at 6.

Replay and STV are disabled.
Old 04-10-2013 , 06:04   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)
Reply With Quote #89

Same thing here, STV and Replay disabled, but Visible Maxplayers randomly changes to Values between 5 and 9... I've never seen it set itself back to 10 though.
GIANT_CRAB
Old 04-11-2013 , 08:20   Re: [TF2] 10vM (Ten Mann vs Machine) (v1.1, 10/29/2012)
Reply With Quote #90

Click image for larger version

Name:	Giantcrabby SourceBans.png
Views:	288
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	118326

Okay guys, I'm starting to think its a Valve bug.

I've disabled this plugin and the plugin to set it to 10 players and I'm still experiencing this issue.
My server has got itself max visible players set to 1.

Anyone reporting this to hlds mailing list for linux? I'm too lazy to.

Last edited by GIANT_CRAB; 04-11-2013 at 08:20.