Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Meta list creates error message

Post New Thread Reply   

Jaegar
Old 01-10-2008 , 19:39   Meta list creates error message
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, this is my first post on here.
Got so frustrated, and while I can find similar problems, no one's was exacly like mine.

OK, so I finally got metamod up and running, and I'm attempting to install both the amx plugin and a plugin for spawn protection.

Directories are:
hl2mp\addons\amx
hl2mp\addons\metamod

in each are:
amx\config
amx\dlls\amx_mm.dll
amx\plugins, etc etc.

metamod\metaplugins.ini
metamod\bin\server.dll
metamod\bin\amx_mm.dll
metamod\bin\sc-prot_mm.dll ---this is the spawn protection .dll

**Edited to say that in the Maniplugins.ini it reads:
win32 addons\metamod\bin\sc-prot_mm.dll
win32 addons\amx\dlls\amx_mm.dll

OK, when I fire up SRCDS, everything goes pretty much normal.
when it finishes loading, I type meta list and get the columns:
id name Version Author Status.

There are two rows, designating the two plugins that I am attempting to install, however under id name, version, and author, there is simply a '-' mark. Under status it reads 'ERROR' for both.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks for the help. I'd be glad to upload screenshots if that would help any.

~Brian

Last edited by Jaegar; 01-10-2008 at 19:42. Reason: More info added
BAILOPAN
Old 01-10-2008 , 22:45   Re: Meta list creates error message
Reply With Quote #2

You've created two issues for yourself at once:
- AMX Mod no longer exists. It was long ago replaced by AMX Mod X.
- AMX Mod/X is for Half-Life 1, not Half-Life 2.

The HL2 sister project to AMX Mod X is SourceMod (of course, it cannot AMX/HL1 plugins).
Old 01-11-2008 , 23:56   Re: Meta list creates error message
Reply With Quote #3

**EDIT:
Oops, ignore the stuff on AMX, misread what you said above. I understand now (I think) that amxx is not meant for my server. Now I just need to figure out the spawn protection.

ok, so I've installed sourcemod, and attempted to install the amxx you pointed me to. Sourcemod gets recognized by meta list now, so that's good, however both amxx and my sc_protection are showing up as errors like before. I say I attempted installation - I directed it to my mod directory and then installed it into my addons folder under HL2mp, however it gave me an error, saying it couldn't find 'liblist.gam'. I don't have any file on my computer named that, but as I understand it I don't think it's necessary- I have all the launch commands listed behind the target on my shortcut to SRCDS.exe .
The addons folder looks like this:

Then I added a line to the metaplugins.ini file so it is:

addons/metamod/bin/sc-prot_mm.dll
addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm.dll
addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm.dll

Note that I removed the 'win32' thing from in front of each. They didn't seem to effect anything one way or another, as I tried it both ways.

One thought I've had is that maybe I'm not putting a dll from each in the right spot, or am missing .cfgs from their correct location... I can post more pictures or list directory content as necessary.

When I fire up SRCDS, and enter 'meta list' I get:

What am I doing wrong now??

Note as in the picture above that I do have mani_admin installed, however the documentations I have seen say that meta isn't supposed to clash with mani. I can however remove mani if necessary.
I realize that my spawn protection .dll file may just not be right for this server or metamod, I don't even really remember exactly where it was downloaded. I know I don't have a .cfg paired with it, so that may be an issue there.

Thanks for the help,
~Brian

Last edited by Jaegar; 01-12-2008 at 00:57.
Jaegar
Old 01-12-2008 , 00:04   Re: Meta list creates error message
Reply With Quote #4

Oh wait. Darn.
I just re-read your post, and as I see it, you are saying that amx doesn't work on my server, period - Duh! Sorry.
Sourcemod replaces AMX, correct?

In that case, any ideas on the spawn protction issue, or do you have a reccommended plugin to accomplish that?

~Brian

Edited to say that I found where I got the spawn protection. It was at http://koti.mbnet.fi/axh/. The documentation says it's for metamod so I know technically it should work (unless it's not meant for HL2MP), I just don't know exactly why it doesnt. Basically the only file I downloaded was the .dll, I couldn't seem to find anything else I needed.

Last edited by Jaegar; 01-12-2008 at 00:52.
BAILOPAN
Old 01-13-2008 , 11:23   Re: Meta list creates error message
Reply With Quote #5

Those are plugins for HL1's Metamod, not HL2. They're two different games and they're not compatible.
Old 01-13-2008 , 20:32   Re: Meta list creates error message
Reply With Quote #6

Ok, so I'm confused now. Is metamod meant for my server at all? I'm thinking so. Then Sourcemod Is meant for HL2mp, if I understand what you said earlier. So now, do you have any recommended plugins for Spawn protection for a Half life 2 Deathmatch server? Or am I asking in the wrong forum for that?

Thanks again.

~Brian
BAILOPAN
Old 01-13-2008 , 22:33   Re: Meta list creates error message
Reply With Quote #7

SourceMod requires Metamod:Source. You can search for either SourceMod Plugins or Metamod:Source Plugins fairly easily. (I don't memorize every plugin so I can't recommend one off the top of my head.)
Old 01-13-2008 , 23:07   Re: Meta list creates error message
Reply With Quote #8

ok, problem solved, I've got spawn protection up and running, found it here: http://www.esteticas.se/catman.php

Take care!

~Brian