Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

View Poll Results: Who won the first US pres debate?
Bush 13 34.21%
Kerry 19 50.00%
Even 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

US Presidential Debate #1

Post New Thread Reply   

BAILOPAN
Old 09-30-2004 , 23:56   US Presidential Debate #1
Reply With Quote #1

Who do you think won this one? I thought it was pretty even, they were both equally boring ;]
Old 09-30-2004 , 23:58  
Reply With Quote #2

bush all the way! lol kill those terrorists! + he caught saddam!
he will prolly get bin laden next
Old 10-01-2004 , 00:01  
Reply With Quote #3

Bush won because I said so. He may have lost in the popular sense because most (average) people are stupid flaming sacks of crap and won't have noticed that Bush kept owning Kerry over and over, effortlessly.
Old 10-01-2004 , 00:03  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepeace
Bush won because I said so. He may have lost in the popular sense because most (average) people are stupid flaming sacks of crap and won't have noticed that Bush kept owning Kerry over and over, effortlessly.
very true
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2004 , 00:34  
Reply With Quote #5

Don't attack me , but Kerry definately won , Bush was scratching his head and he looked nervous and confused , Kerry dominated in the debate he was supposed to win at. P.S. What did catching Saddam do? Kill 1,000 of our troops? It wasn't worth it for someone who didn't do anything to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTex
he will prolly get bin laden next
Invading Iraq won't help find Osama that's somewhere in Afghanistan...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
I thought it was pretty even, they were both equally boring ;]
I think your right about the boring part but , Kerry answered more questions with a strong answer and Bush just kept on going with the childish things like :
"He did this a year ago... and now he's doing this..."
Well , let's not flame Peli now , this is a mature conversation NOT A FLAME WAR.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
nubh4t
Old 10-01-2004 , 00:35  
Reply With Quote #6

I love when republicans do this.

Quote:
...people are stupid flaming sacks of crap and won't have noticed that Bush kept owning Kerry over and over, effortlessly."
I do agree that most americans are ignorant of the real issues of the debate. Most of them say as you do
Quote:
...he caught saddam!
and that is all they care about. They fail to see that bush put america into the BIGGEST national defict in recent years and has been labeled by the rest of the world as "The most dangerous man alive."
In regaurd to
Quote:
...noticed that Bush kept owning Kerry over and over, effortlessly."
; Bush, by no means, owned anybody. Bush kept saying one stupid phrase "...He keeps changing his views based on the politics...". Everytime Kerry made a statement about Bush, the president did nothing but try to refute the truths Kerry spoke. Let me emphasize TRY; Bush had no rebuttle for half the things Kerry said. All he would do is say that ignorant phrase over and over.
-- On a side note, Bush is a horrible public speaker. How exectly did he "own" Kerry "...effortlessly"? He was reading a script that was prepared. You could see him glance at it from time to time.

Now, before you get your panties in a twist, I am NOT a decocrat. Nor am I for that DISGRACE of a canidate Ralph Nader. I am for a President that will keep the world In one piece until the day I die.

Oh yea, I thought the debate was boring and that Kerry knew more about the questions. Bush looked as if someone stole his bananna.
Send a message via AIM to nubh4t
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2004 , 00:39  
Reply With Quote #7

Okay just remind us again. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS A FLAME WAR , give your ideas and RESPOND to someones COMMENTS do NOT immaturely call someone names
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubh4t
...Kerry knew more about the questions.
Yes I believe your right , the way he answered in less than 3 seconds , and Bush answered in 5 seconds , OH and ofcourse after he said "Uh .... uh...." a couple times!
Send a message via MSN to Peli
nubh4t
Old 10-01-2004 , 00:47  
Reply With Quote #8

and there were moments of long pauses where he actually had to THINK of an answer, it wasnt drafted for him. Who'd of thunk that the president of the United States would have to THINK??
BAILOPAN
Old 10-01-2004 , 00:50  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
They fail to see that bush put america into the BIGGEST national defict in recent years
What is the National Deficit? What does it affect?

Quote:
has been labeled by the rest of the world as "The most dangerous man alive."
That's very witty! Someday I wish to have this same mental power as the "rest of the world". In actuality, this is not far from the truth - as he is the commander in chief of the most powerful and capable army in the world, he certainly is very dangerous. However the juxtaposition of this against terrorists is stupid.

Quote:
Bush, by no means, owned anybody. Bush kept saying one stupid phrase "...He keeps changing his views based on the politics...".
This is undeniably true. Many times Bush even referenced exact quotes where Kerry was being inaccurate.

Quote:
-- On a side note, Bush is a horrible public speaker. How exectly did he "own" Kerry "...effortlessly"? He was reading a script that was prepared. You could see him glance at it from time to time.
Both candidates did this. Do you think presidents write their own speeches? It is well known Bush is a terrible public speaker. This is not something to hold against him - I'm not putting him on the same league at all, but Jefferson was also a terrible public speaker and had people read his speeches for him.

Quote:
Now, before you get your panties in a twist, I am NOT a decocrat. Nor am I for that DISGRACE of a canidate Ralph Nader.
That's good. Can't have those decocrats in power. They'd probably redecorate the white house
Old 10-01-2004 , 00:56  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Both candidates did this. Do you think presidents write their own speeches? It is well known Bush is a terrible public speaker. This is not something to hold against him - I'm not putting him on the same league at all, but Jefferson was also a terrible public speaker and had people read his speeches for him.

I was actually going to edit that in my original post.
Yes, I do know that they both had their responces scripted, hell, both of them nkew the questions 2 weeks BEFORE the debate. The main thing is that I did not see Kerry look at his "prepared speach" at all. This, to me, makes it seem as if Kerry took a little more time or was a little more educated on the topics ("a little" HA!).

Quote:
What is the National Deficit? What does it affect?

It is basicly the debt of America (we owe money to a LOT of contries). When Clinton was President, We had a surplus (we were taking in more than we were spending, thus lowering the debt). Once Bush came to power the nation decented into one of the biggest debts on record. Some of the debt is due to 9/11 but the majority of it comes from the ingenious (sarcasm) ideals of the republican party; Lower taxes for the people so they will have more money to spend and thus it will speed up the economy. Thier ideal has never proved to work yet they continue to try and impliment it.