Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[REQUEST] Remove Search Limit From Script Functions Web Page

Post New Thread Reply   

Malachi
Old 08-26-2014 , 10:04   [REQUEST] Remove Search Limit From Script Functions Web Page
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I'm requesting we remove the apparently hard-coded 100 item search result limit from the Script Functions web page. It's annoying (instead of limiting you to the first 100 items, it returns an error message) and AFAIK unneeded - not to mention how many times I search for common terms (such as 'client' - because I want to see everything that has to do with clients) only to be frustrated by an error message (More than 100 results found. Please try something smaller) which substitutes for returning any matches.

Thanks!
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 08-26-2014 , 14:10   Re: [REQUEST] Remove Search Limit From Script Functions Web Page
Reply With Quote #2

you could do something like "GetClient" usually that sums up alot of them.
Malachi
Old 10-23-2014 , 14:54   Re: [REQUEST] Remove Search Limit From Script Functions Web Page
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
you could do something like "GetClient" usually that sums up alot of them.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Just to be clear, I don't want to merely sum up 'a lot of them' - I would like something definitive, something all-inclusive. This way I can see every single thing having to do with clients without having to wonder what I might have missed. For example, searching for "GetClient" instead of simply "Client" would miss many essential functions such as "OnClientConnected" and "IsFakeClient".

Adding to my frustration is the idea that this limit (which interferes with perhaps 10% of my searches) is not only totally arbitrary, but completely unneccessary. Imagine the outrage if Google did this too.

Thanks,
Mal.