Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

xREDIRECT would not automatically redirect

Post New Thread Reply   

PauliusBa
Old 05-06-2010 , 18:01   xREDIRECT would not automatically redirect
Reply With Quote #1

People just get a regular "dropped due to slot reservation" message. Maybe I should add this plugin higher in the plugins.ini?

Edit: I have 2 reserved slots, though AMX X hides them. 18/19 is considered full, but with 1 connected slot it can be 19/20. With 2 slots connected, it's 20/20. So I think that here is the bug.
Really, it reserved slot stuff should be defined for each server.
I tried making it reserve 1 slot and it worked! BUT, it allows to go back even on 1 free slot situation, so queuing is pointless
Okay. After some GOOGLING (because there is no RTFM) I found out that xREDIRECT is not compatible with AMXX slot reservation system.
I would like to request compatibility, beacause i prefer already connected players not to be redirected. So this plugin could require the default amxx reservation system plugin to be disabled and use the standard amxx slot reservation cvars to handle it by itself - redirect when a person would be kicked. There could be a cvar to redirect one player if the server is totally full (all reserved slots are used up).

Bug: this plugin reserves 1 slot, right? when u browse the servers and there is a server with 1 free slot, it lets people join it and when in queue, redirects even though 1 free slot means 'full server'! Maybe it has sth to do with permanent hltv recorder which may not be counted or sth?

Last edited by PauliusBa; 05-07-2010 at 07:40.
PauliusBa
Old 05-07-2010 , 07:40   Re: xREDIRECT would not automatically redirect
Reply With Quote #2

Other thing: when players get kicked because all servers are full, for example, it should show a kick message rather than an echo in console which 99% of players don't see at all.
PauliusBa
Old 05-07-2010 , 08:23   Re: xREDIRECT would not automatically redirect
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauliusBa View Post
Bug: this plugin reserves 1 slot, right? when u browse the servers and there is a server with 1 free slot, it lets people join it and when in queue, redirects even though 1 free slot means 'full server'! Maybe it has sth to do with permanent hltv recorder which may not be counted or sth?
I have fixed it:

Code:
else if ((nCheckMethod == 2) && (((g_naServerActivePlayers[nServer] == (g_naServerMaxPlayers[nServer] - 1)) && (g_naServerReserveSlots[nServer] > 0)) || (g_naServerActivePlayers[nServer] >= g_naServerMaxPlayers[nServer])))
return 4
-->
Code:
else if ((nCheckMethod == 2) && ((g_naServerActivePlayers[nServer] == (g_naServerMaxPlayers[nServer] - 1)) || (g_naServerActivePlayers[nServer] >= g_naServerMaxPlayers[nServer])))
return 4
Obviously, this check is broken.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 05-07-2010 , 10:36   Re: xREDIRECT would not automatically redirect
Reply With Quote #4

Obvious, you did not read the install instructions carefully ;)
xREDIRECT is NOT, and NOT means really NOT, compatible with ANY other slot reservation plugin. So you have to disable ALL other plugins that reserve a slot!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:37
Mordekay
This message has been deleted by Mordekay.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2010 , 09:23   Re: xREDIRECT would not automatically redirect
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
People just get a regular "dropped due to slot reservation" message.
[...]
After some GOOGLING (because there is no RTFM) I found out that xREDIRECT is not compatible with AMXX slot reservation system.
FAQ Q9: people are “dropped due to slot reservation” and automatic redirection does not work

Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2010 , 11:18   Re: xREDIRECT would not automatically redirect
Reply With Quote #6

here is some information about the reservation philosophy of xREDIRECT.

- if you are redirecting other players when someone connects anyway, it doesn't make sense to reserve 2 slots. if 1 slot is enough to guarantee every admin can always play where he wants: why reserve 2? because it makes you as admin look more cool?
- the redirection mechanisms in xREDIRECT are written with the fact in mind that it will always keep 1 slot free. not 0, not 2. it's not a bug if the plug-in doesn't work correctly when the number of reserved slots is different or when you are hiding slots, which xREDIRECT cannot know.

Quote:
Bug: this plugin reserves 1 slot, right?
the slot is not "reserved" for anyone to be used. it is always kept clear to make sure people can even connect instead of just getting "The server is full". so a server with one slot left, first of all, is a server that is free for someone to join. then, after the person joined, xREDIRECT will decide whether it redirects him away or he has priority and it redirects someone else away.

Quote:
when u browse the servers and there is a server with 1 free slot, it lets people join it and when in queue, redirects even though 1 free slot means 'full server'!
that would be a bug indeed. but it's hard to trust your bug report, now that you have messed around so much with the reservation and apparantly understood some concepts wrong.

anyway, it doesn't really matter. your fix is not applicable anymore, as the code part you have changed was already altered in xREDIRECT v2.0 due to this request.

this should also serve your request for reservation support.