Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

help - odd things happening

Post New Thread Reply   

Caught off Guard
Old 06-17-2009 , 02:31   help - odd things happening
Reply With Quote #1

hi chaps, i've encountered two problems that have arisen and i'm not sure how to sort them out. The first problem is that the sourcemod menu doesn't appear correctly. Rather popping up on the left i get a message on the top left saying press esc for admin menu. When i press esc i see a the admin menu but it looks visually different and has options which are clickable with the mouse. The second problem is that base info triggers has stopped working. The game is insurgency but i don.t think it's ins as copied all the files from my current ins server to my new ins server and neither of this problems exist on that server, only the new one. I was using SM 1.2.0 but upgraded to 1.2.1 to see if that sorted it but it didn't. Any help would be appreciated.

error logs as follows:

L 06/17/2009 - 06:04:23: SourceMod error session started
L 06/17/2009 - 06:04:23: Info (map "ins_sinjar") (file "errors_20090617.log")
L 06/17/2009 - 06:04:23: [SM] Native "HookEvent" reported: Game event "game_start" does not exist
L 06/17/2009 - 06:04:23: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "basetriggers.smx":
L 06/17/2009 - 06:04:23: [SM] [0] Line 95, basetriggers.sp::OnPluginStart()

Thanks inadvance!

Last edited by Caught off Guard; 06-17-2009 at 03:30. Reason: additional information
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 06-17-2009 , 08:52   Re: help - odd things happening
Reply With Quote #2

It sounds like you didn't properly update (or install) SM. basetriggers has, since at least 1.2.0, already handled Insurgency being different from every other Valve game/mod out there by changing game_start to game_newmap.

It could also cause the default menu style to be escape menus, since the gamedata files say which style menus are supported by a game.
Caught off Guard
Old 06-17-2009 , 10:57   Re: help - odd things happening
Reply With Quote #3

problem seems to be solved. The new install of insurgency had the game labelled as "Insurgency" in the command line and file structure whereas it needs to be "insurgency" once the capital letter had been changed things started to work again!

Thanks for your advise - it could have easily been a problem i had caused!