12% 

[NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility

Post New Thread Reply   

Daedilus
Old 02-11-2009 , 20:40   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flubber View Post
I don't get it i've got installed on 2 serveurs this plugin it's launching fine, but i got a lot of :
after debug set to 1 - i got that :

L 02/11/2009 - 22:04:51: [NetS2S Error] OnLocalSocketError() : Socket Error - Name: Spy, Type: CONNECT_ERROR, Number: 111

Server side i got this :
L 02/11/2009 - 221:03: [NetS2S] Master server start on port 27016
L 02/11/2009 - 221:03: [NetS2S Error] OnMasterError() : Socket Error - Name: Uber, Type: BIND_ERROR, Number: 98

After some time the master is banning the other machine for rcon spamming. Is the password the rcon? cause i've tried that doesn't work either.
Flubber you need to make sure that the password in each server.cfg is set to the same value (ex. sm_nets2s_pwd = <password>). After that, use a unique port for the master server. The error you are getting is a result of you trying to use port 27016, which is already in use. You may use any TCP port that is not in use. Try port 50000 or higher (max 65535).

I will also be releasing NetS2S version 1.0.9 this weekend. Players in IM sessions will now only see each others chat. Chat filtering will include a new cvar and build option to turn it on / off.

Last edited by Daedilus; 02-11-2009 at 20:59.
cozmicshredder
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-13-2009 , 14:05   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #12

Just had a server lock up and wouldn't load the console had this error!
L 02/13/2009 - 13:571: [NetS2S Error] OnLocalSocketError() : Socket Error - Na
me: zm1, Type: CONNECT_ERROR, Number: 10061

It was working fine for a few days seems random more then anything...

Last edited by cozmicshredder; 02-13-2009 at 14:09.
Send a message via ICQ to cozmicshredder Send a message via AIM to cozmicshredder Send a message via MSN to cozmicshredder Send a message via Yahoo to cozmicshredder Send a message via Skype™ to cozmicshredder
Daedilus
Old 02-14-2009 , 13:53   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmicshredder View Post
Just had a server lock up and wouldn't load the console had this error!
L 02/13/2009 - 13:571: [NetS2S Error] OnLocalSocketError() : Socket Error - Na
me: zm1, Type: CONNECT_ERROR, Number: 10061

It was working fine for a few days seems random more then anything...
Not sure what is causing your server to lock up. It could be the plugin, but the error you are seeing is the result of the server not being able to connect to the master. It's not an error in the sense that it was fatal and caused the game's server to crash. I would disable NetS2S and see if the lock ups go away. If they don't, then I would look at a different plugin as being the culprit. However if you determine NetS2S as being the plugin causing you server to lock up, please PM me and I will look into the issue further.
Old 02-14-2009 , 16:07   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedilus View Post
Not sure what is causing your server to lock up. It could be the plugin, but the error you are seeing is the result of the server not being able to connect to the master. It's not an error in the sense that it was fatal and caused the game's server to crash. I would disable NetS2S and see if the lock ups go away. If they don't, then I would look at a different plugin as being the culprit. However if you determine NetS2S as being the plugin causing you server to lock up, please PM me and I will look into the issue further.
Would the master server changing maps cause this error? Or is the socket connections persistent through mapchanges? Also, is the error anything to worry about, or safe to ignore as long as the connection is still made?
Daedilus
Old 02-14-2009 , 21:08   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDOO View Post
Would the master server changing maps cause this error? Or is the socket connections persistent through mapchanges? Also, is the error anything to worry about, or safe to ignore as long as the connection is still made?
For the most part any CONNECT_ERROR is harmless. Its just letting you know that it could not connect to the master (This means that you need to check the master server to see if its running). You will also get CONNECT_ERRORs when you start the local servers and then the master. These errors again are harmless and will go away once the locals have established a connection to the master. Please note that NetS2S is running its own server. The CONNECT_ERRORs are you #1 means of identifying wether or not your local servers have the correct connection settings (if the setting are incorrect you should get constant CONNECT_ERRORs). The master and local servers do maintain their connection through map changes.

I will try to have NetS2S 1.0.9 released this Sunday after some more testing has been completed.

Last edited by Daedilus; 02-14-2009 at 21:17.
cozmicshredder
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-14-2009 , 23:39   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #16

Ok thanks for the reply! We loaded a vanila server dedicated to being the host for this plugin! Everything is working great! I also set the time out to 30 sec...

Another thing I just wanted to suggest was to have a block or accept function later on as I see this plugin could turn into some major abuse later on maybe??
Send a message via ICQ to cozmicshredder Send a message via AIM to cozmicshredder Send a message via MSN to cozmicshredder Send a message via Yahoo to cozmicshredder Send a message via Skype™ to cozmicshredder
flubber
Old 02-17-2009 , 03:38   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #17

I still got the connect error 111, is it this version of socket that we must used : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...9&postcount=83

if not just point to the right one please.

Edit:nevermind got it finally to work.

Last edited by flubber; 02-17-2009 at 04:25.
flubber
Old 02-17-2009 , 08:36   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #18

One little annoying things, is that people can spam thru server, you should had a cvar to block non admin to sent message thru an entire server.
FLOOR_MASTER
Old 02-18-2009 , 11:15   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #19

Excellent work! Thanks for the acknowledgment.
InflatableSoulmate
Old 02-19-2009 , 01:21   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #20

I haven't used this plugin, but from the post #1 and user comments is seems like a very nice, user-friendly setup. I have been going over what it would take to implement a system like this on our TF2 servers (we run four). I would be hesitant to use this plugin only because our servers are all already linked together via an eggdrop bot, which allows us to pipe all server chat to our irc channel and lets us send messages and admin commands back through the bot.

I haven't released the eggdrop connection plugin to the community, yet, because it is the first plugin I ever wrote using sourcemod, so much of the source is still an example of newbie spaghetti code (try writing a program that does a fair amount of string parsing and TCP communication without ever having to have coded with null-terminated strings before and let your imagination wander from there). It's not a matter of the code not working, just that it is highly unoptimized and I would be embarassed to unleash it on the public at this stage. The benefit of having the servers connect to an eggdrop bot over the IRC relay plugin is that there is only one bot in the channel to deal with, and eggdrop has been around for years (and is arguably the most apt to deal with connection issues when it comes to staying connected to an irc server). Since there was no reason to reinvent the wheel, I decided to create a plugin that doesn't have to contain all of the connection monitoring logic that is required of an IRC client, and offload that task to the bot.

But, what I would like to know is whether you would be interested in allowing me to utilize some of your code that is behind the menu system (I haven't broken out into doing plugins with menus, yet). Even better, maybe you'd like to get together with me and a guy who just joined the BoC dev team to release a combination of our plugins. (Kevin, the guy who is now helping me out, has been a big help when it comes to sourcemod because he is a C coder by profession.)

We were already planning on utilizing the method the eggdrop connection plugin uses to allow muliple servers to connect to one eggdrop bot, which can then relay messages between the servers or to IRC. That way a person on a server that currently has no admins logged in would be able to ask for admin help, and have the message sent to all the other available servers and to IRC. An admin could respond from irc directly to the specified user or an admin on another server could do the same. Also, the bot takes care of the role of 'master server'. What do you think?
http://www.brothersofchaos.com/