Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Get command admin flags

Post New Thread Reply   

Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2018 , 07:36   Get command admin flags
Reply With Quote #1

I'm looking for a way to get admin flags of a SourceMod command, such as sm_kick.

GetCommandFlags provides only FCVAR_* flags (similar to GetConVarFlags), 0 for any SM commands.
GetCommandOverride seems to provide the flags only when the command is overridden.

The only way I've found so far is by using ReadCommandIterator, however, I would have to iterate every command each time I want to check. Or perhaps there is a way to get the handle of a specific command?

Thank you in advance.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2018 , 08:15   Re: Get command admin flags
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil25 View Post
I'm looking for a way to get admin flags of a SourceMod command, such as sm_kick.

GetCommandFlags provides only FCVAR_* flags (similar to GetConVarFlags), 0 for any SM commands.
GetCommandOverride seems to provide the flags only when the command is overridden.

The only way I've found so far is by using ReadCommandIterator, however, I would have to iterate every command each time I want to check. Or perhaps there is a way to get the handle of a specific command?

Thank you in advance.
Iterator is best, use it.

Discord: Eyal282#1334
Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2018 , 08:38   Re: Get command admin flags
Reply With Quote #3

The whole point of this is that by having the flags only, I need to check if they are sufficient to access a command.

Here's a method of creating a temporary anonymous admin, setting their flags and then using it for CheckAccess.

PHP Code:
stock bool CheckCommandAccessFlags(const char[] sCmd, const char[] sFlags){

AdminId hAdmin CreateAdmin("");

int i = -1;

AdminFlag eFlag;
    while(
sFlags[++i] != '\0')
        if(
FindFlagByChar(sFlags[i], eFlag))

hAdmin.SetFlag(eFlagtrue);

bool bResult CheckAccess(hAdminsCmd0false);

RemoveAdmin(hAdmin);
    return 
bResult;

I've found that it works properly, and has the additional benefit of respecting the overrides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
Iterator is best, use it.
I have over 400 sm commands, would iterating all of them be faster than creating a temp admin every time?
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 07-14-2018 , 01:14   Re: Get command admin flags
Reply With Quote #4

I don't think there's a function to directly do what you want, though one could be added.

That said, flags aren't really useful if you're building a more featureful admin system. There's only so many flags available but there will be many commands (as you say, you have 400+). Groups and overrides may be the way to go, depending on what you're really trying to do.