Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2]Adding Databases into Point System

Post New Thread Reply   

Dtor
Old 11-03-2017 , 17:06   [L4D2]Adding Databases into Point System
Reply With Quote #1

There are someone who posted this idea before , but no one respond to him so I made another thread here
Source link : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134113
McFluffy is offline for so long , despite every message I have sent to him ( email , skype , etc ... )
The darn situation start with this ideas is when I was playing in my own little server with my friend , my game got crashed and I have to rejoin the server , the server is full and until I managed to join. What I watched is all my points is gone . The rage came and later so , I'm trying to code .... by myself . But the lack of knowledge and skill came a total hell. The progress didn't go much. So I decided to post it here.
Thanks.
Mr.Freeman
Old 11-05-2017 , 11:17   Re: [L4D2]Adding Databases into Point System
Reply With Quote #2

I only reviewed the code briefly however it doesnt appear to be saving the data in MYSQL meaning that on a server crash / restart the data would be wiped thus giving you 0 points again.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-05-2017 , 22:58   Re: [L4D2]Adding Databases into Point System
Reply With Quote #3

Hello;

If all you'd like to do is remember points on disconnect, a database is not necessary - using a simple array, you can store both their steam id - and the points they had - on disconnect, and simply return the points to them if they rejoin in the same round; when the round ends, you simply clear the array. As an array, you can store as many users who disconnect. I would only recommend actual database usage for much more intensive uses.
Dtor
Old 12-13-2017 , 20:04   Re: [L4D2]Adding Databases into Point System
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Freeman View Post
I only reviewed the code briefly however it doesnt appear to be saving the data in MYSQL meaning that on a server crash / restart the data would be wiped thus giving you 0 points again.
Yes , and sometimes the server crash without throw in any error , the crash quite rare but mostly in late game. Sometimes it just kills the fun sooner than i though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Hello;

If all you'd like to do is remember points on disconnect, a database is not necessary - using a simple array, you can store both their steam id - and the points they had - on disconnect, and simply return the points to them if they rejoin in the same round; when the round ends, you simply clear the array. As an array, you can store as many users who disconnect. I would only recommend actual database usage for much more intensive uses.
Hi Skyy
All I like is the server can save points to database because sometimes it crashed and end all the fun , I did view all the code from your rpg referring to points and database as well as other dev , although it won't have me much.

Last edited by Dtor; 12-13-2017 at 20:06.