Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4d2] Multiple SRCDS Server On Windows Server

Post New Thread Reply   

Dtor
Old 01-08-2016 , 14:58   [L4d2] Multiple SRCDS Server On Windows Server
Reply With Quote #1

I'm still researching on running multiple SRCDS Server On Windows Server

As I see in windows I have to make many copy of SRCDS on multiple folders and that means it will take a whole of GB Disk space to hold it . And that not a good ideas for checking updates. I'm not free enough to check all of those folders for updates and etc ...

So i came in with an ideas.

First , I created seperated source mod folder in addons and set it server1 , server 2
Second , I seperated server.cfg into server1.cfg and server2.cfg with different config.
Third , I seperated 2 copies of shortcut of server 1 and 2 with seperated parameters.

Then I'll start up server 1 shortcut and server 2 shortcut.
After I finished run 2 shortcut I got 2 seperated server with different name , different port

Server 1 : I run it from default Sourcemod location , no problem
Server 2 : I run it with some little tweak in shortcut lines.

Code:
"X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server\srcds.exe" -console -game left4dead2 +exec server1.cfg +map c1m1_hotel [Server 1]
"X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server\srcds.exe" -console -game left4dead2 +exec server2.cfg +sm_basepath addons/server2 +map c1m1_hotel [Server 2]
I'm using basepath to let the SRCDS know where is the sourcemod I want it to exec
BUT in console I received some lines that confuse me the most

Code:
exec: couldn't exec server.cfg
exec: couldn't exec sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg
Unknown command "sm_basepath"
In both server
Both server is showing the same error , but it show correctly the path folder I choose for both to exec , correct seperated plugins.

In my modded server.cfg I see this lines doesn't work : sm_cvar mp_gamemode coop so I have to add sv_gametypes coop or realism but still nothing changed. Even I check with some command in console but it still return as a lie , for example

Code:
sv_gametypes
"sv_gametypes" = "realism" ( def. "" )
[But in game it still campaign but not realism]
So is there anyway to go further than this ?
I think this will help windows version save alot of space and for someone like me who don't have enough *ahem* money to buy a new private computer or hire a VPS just for hosting Left 4 Dead 2 server.
couldbepurplecouldbepink
Old 01-08-2016 , 17:27   Re: [L4d2] Multiple SRCDS Server On Windows Server
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtor View Post
In my modded server.cfg I see this lines doesn't work : sm_cvar mp_gamemode coop so I have to add sv_gametypes coop or realism but still nothing changed. Even I check with some command in console but it still return as a lie , for example

Code:
sv_gametypes
"sv_gametypes" = "realism" ( def. "" )
[But in game it still campaign but not realism]
So is there anyway to go further than this ?
I think this will help windows version save alot of space and for someone like me who don't have enough *ahem* money to buy a new private computer or hire a VPS just for hosting Left 4 Dead 2 server.
I monkeyed around with that as well since I just wanted to run a Survivor only server. What I found was to leave sm_cvar mp_gamemode survival .. boot the server. Join the server and change it to c1m4_atrium. It would stay on survival mode then and only then. I would suggest adding sm_cvar mp_gamemode realism back and then change the map to a realism one. See how it goes.

Last edited by couldbepurplecouldbepink; 01-08-2016 at 17:30.
Dtor
Old 01-09-2016 , 05:11   Re: [L4d2] Multiple SRCDS Server On Windows Server
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldbepurplecouldbepink View Post
I monkeyed around with that as well since I just wanted to run a Survivor only server. What I found was to leave sm_cvar mp_gamemode survival .. boot the server. Join the server and change it to c1m4_atrium. It would stay on survival mode then and only then. I would suggest adding sm_cvar mp_gamemode realism back and then change the map to a realism one. See how it goes.
I did , but it not work , I Added 2 lines in the server config files but when I check in console the game mode still said realism but in games the server mode is co-op
Here is 2 lines i Added
Code:
sm_cvar mp_gamemode realism // Default (coop) change this to the mode you want.
sv_gametypes realism
Solved : I added this to shortcut parameters and it work perfectly !
Code:
+mp_gamemode realism
I'm still need to understand how both my server get this error and why it still find the correct path when it say not ?

Code:
exec: couldn't exec server.cfg
exec: couldn't exec sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg
Unknown command "sm_basepath"
UPDATE : It seem the game difficulty is stuck at default normal and cannot set default difficulty to Hard or Impossible , shortcut code not seem solve it , it still work , but only the first time server start and reset to normal when change map.

Last edited by Dtor; 01-09-2016 at 07:47.