Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)

Post New Thread Reply   

fiala06
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:38   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #61

Damn, crappy day at work and come home to this.. Awesome!
WebNoob
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:42   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeX View Post
Jesus, everything is broken...

I hope I don't have to port over my thousands of admin ID's..
Unless I'm mistaken (at least in the case of getting Sourcebans to work again) all that needs to be done at the moment is for the admin-flatfile.smx plugin (which, I believe is what reads the admins.cfg file) to be augmented so that it can interpret both the old and the new Steam ID format (?)

Of course, that's a short-term solution, but at least it would get admin/donator functions working again.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:46   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
Unless I'm mistaken (at least in the case of getting Sourcebans to work again) all that needs to be done at the moment is for the admin-flatfile.smx plugin (which, I believe is what reads the admins.cfg file) to be augmented so that it can interpret both the old and the new Steam ID format (?)

Of course, that's a short-term solution, but at least it would get admin/donator functions working again.
Or a patch to sourcemod's core to allow for conversion so no plugin edits will be needed.

But on a side note, Valve meant to give a heads up for the steamid change

Last edited by WildCard65; 08-21-2014 at 19:46.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:46   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
We apologize for the lack of warning regarding the SteamID format change in today's update. It was our intent to give the community a heads-up before the change was released, but it was missed.

The change was made to update TF2 to use the current SteamID format, which most other games on Steam and Steam itself uses. You will find that you can now use SteamIDs rendered by these other locations in your interactions with the engine. The engine will still recognize the old format, though, so your current server ban lists should still be valid.

The conversion equation has already been posted by a community member, but here it is again:

Old: STEAM_0:A:B
New: [U:1:B*2+A]
Example: STEAM_0:1:1234 ---> [U:1:2469]

We're sorry for the problems this may cause while you update your scripts to use the new format. It was not our intent to disrupt your servers.

-Eric
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geit View Post
I wrote this quickly for people who need the old style Steam IDs for their plugins until they get a chance to properly patch it.
Thank you so much! Was about to do this myself, until I realized that only the method for converting old format -> new format has discussed so far, and that I can't math.
Reply With Quote #66

While being unable to fix this i derped around with gimp. this is what i came up with:

Last edited by flocke0; 08-21-2014 at 19:47.
Malachi
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:48   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:41:49 +0000
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list <[email protected]>, "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>, "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]> Subject: [hlds_linux] New SteamID format for TF2 Message-ID: <3246A6BE4318E84FA462854C906FB68930625699@exc hange10.valvesoftware.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

We apologize for the lack of warning regarding the SteamID format change in today's update.

It was our intent to give the community a heads-up before the change was released, but it was missed. The change was made to update TF2 to use the current SteamID format, which most other games on Steam and Steam itself uses. You will find that you can now use SteamIDs rendered by these other locations in your interactions with the engine. The engine will still recognize the old format, though, so your current server ban lists should still be valid.

The conversion equation has already been posted by a community member, but here it is again:

Old: STEAM_0:A:B
New: [U:1:B*2+A]
Example: STEAM_0:1:1234 ---> [U:1:2469]

We're sorry for the problems this may cause while you update your scripts to use the new format. It was not our intent to disrupt your servers.

-Eric

Last edited by Malachi; 08-21-2014 at 19:50. Reason: stupid format fail
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:49   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by flocke0 View Post
While being unable to fix this i derped around with gimp. this is what i came up with:

lolz
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:51   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
PHP function to convert STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXX to new ids.

PHP Code:
function steam3($steam2) {

$id explode(':'$steam2);

$id3 = ($id[2] * 2) + $id[1];
        return 
'[U:1:' $id3 ']';
    } 
input: STEAM_0:1:41644167
output: [U:83288335]

When my actual steam id is

[U:1:83288335]

Shouldn't that be something like...

PHP Code:
return '[U:1:' $id3 ']'
Or will it not always be U:1

Last edited by Chdata; 08-21-2014 at 19:52.
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-21-2014 , 19:51   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #70

Anybody got a web-site up yet to convert ID's? hopefully in batch (paste a bunch into a text box, hit submit and get the new ones)?