Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Admin Voice

Post New Thread Reply   

FIF-PhoeniX
Old 07-22-2007 , 22:52   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #11

awesome...anyway to make it stay on longer than 5 sec?

Last edited by FIF-PhoeniX; 07-22-2007 at 23:20.
neuromancer
Old 07-27-2007 , 12:42   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobraPL View Post
Cheating has become a BIG problem for all server's admins...
It's not a big problem since VAC exists.
The rule is simple: On a server what doesn't have the VAC activated people can cheat.
If I have VAC enabled on my server, and a cheater connects I don't ban him - I just let the VAC ban his account.
As we know VAC don't ban immedialely - a steam account ban is active ~2 weeks after using a cheat (of course if VAC detects it)
KobraPL
Old 07-28-2007 , 10:46   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
It's not a big problem since VAC exists.
The rule is simple: On a server what doesn't have the VAC activated people can cheat.
If I have VAC enabled on my server, and a cheater connects I don't ban him - I just let the VAC ban his account.
As we know VAC don't ban immedialely - a steam account ban is active ~2 weeks after using a cheat (of course if VAC detects it)

So You think there are no cheats that get around VAC? That's funny and sad in a way. Two google clicks and I cheat on Your server with fake STEAM ID! Get real...

I agree with Pro Patria Finland that it violates player's privacy... that's why I made 5s time limit.
Old 07-28-2007 , 17:27   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #14

This is useless in scrims because you're not allowed to have AMXX turned on in a scrim.

Anyway, I like it.
potatis_invalido
BANNED
Old 07-28-2007 , 19:50   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Script View Post
This is useless in scrims because you're not allowed to have AMXX turned on in a scrim.

Anyway, I like it.
What's a scrim?
Voi
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2007 , 20:13   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #16

biore dobry plug Kobra :-)
Old 07-29-2007 , 01:00   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #17

FIF-PhoeniX: You can edit the .sma to change the time limit, however this plugin is designed to keep as far away from violating privacy as possible.

neuromancer: VAC isn't as perfect as you think it is. Also, cheating doesn't just mean hacks. Take a good look at how VAC works before you put all your trust into it. Best way around is a good admin.

X-Script: You're allowed to use TeamSpeak, Ventrilo and microphones to communicate in a scrim. There is no reason to use this in a scrim anyway.

potatis_invalido: A scrim is when two clans or teams fight each other with official league rules.

KobraPL: Good work on the plugin. Though it does violate privacy to a certain extent, it's original and somewhat useful.
Old 07-30-2007 , 09:51   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
So You think there are no cheats that get around VAC? That's funny and sad in a way. Two google clicks and I cheat on Your server with fake STEAM ID! Get real...

I agree with Pro Patria Finland that it violates player's privacy... that's why I made 5s time limit.
You never know if VAC detects you because you got banned with 2 weeks delay of ban.
You never know if VAC is still unable to detect a cheat.

You wanna try&risk? OK, my server plkrk.hopto.org:27016 - show me Your fake steamid
Pro Patria Finland
Old 07-30-2007 , 11:16   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:

I was gonna say how easy to edit it is, but then again, this is how the plugin is distributed, so it's okay.

I mean, any programmer can fork up someones game / server pretty bad, so I am not complaining. Useful tool, if it works, tbh.
Old 07-30-2007 , 15:02   Re: Admin Voice
Reply With Quote #20

dobre , widzę ze nie tylko ja jestem z polski