Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] self stand up

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 09-15-2012 , 11:07   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #21

thats cool, i appreciate the attempt...my main reason for asking for this is i use no deathcheck until dead, i don't have panic set to 0, constant zombies is alittle rediculous, not to mention performance wise. Anyways, I find that the other self revive plugins that use medkits or pills when also using points system is alittle too easy to revive, and i dont like players being able to do it for free...still gotta have a challenge, my buddy and i were testing the server the other night and i asked him if it was necessary for a self revive, because we used lessthan4dead, playing one player is almost impossible without a self revive so...2 player alittle tougher. If you need someone to test it out i would be glad to...thanks again.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-15-2012 , 11:28   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
thats cool, i appreciate the attempt...my main reason for asking for this is i use no deathcheck until dead, i don't have panic set to 0, constant zombies is alittle rediculous, not to mention performance wise. Anyways, I find that the other self revive plugins that use medkits or pills when also using points system is alittle too easy to revive, and i dont like players being able to do it for free...still gotta have a challenge, my buddy and i were testing the server the other night and i asked him if it was necessary for a self revive, because we used lessthan4dead, playing one player is almost impossible without a self revive so...2 player alittle tougher. If you need someone to test it out i would be glad to...thanks again.
It is possible, if you were asking about scanning some radius distance for no infected and common.. well that took lot of work and testing, but if u were asking just to allow yourself to get up when there is no zombie or SI kicking butt, we'll see.. that just required lot of testing thought.

Last edited by GsiX; 09-15-2012 at 12:41.
chinagreenelvis
Old 09-15-2012 , 11:45   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #23

Actually, now that I think about it, I think there is a trigger for "seeing" an infected.

MasterMind, download the modified version of No Death Check. You'll find it towards the end of the thread. I haven't had time to check it out but apparently it fixes some problems that people have been having.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-15-2012 , 12:11   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagreenelvis View Post
Actually, now that I think about it, I think there is a trigger for "seeing" an infected.
If you don't mind share with me?

EDIT: Or point me to the source?

EDIT EDIT: Never mind i get it done.

Last edited by GsiX; 09-15-2012 at 18:13.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-15-2012 , 14:14   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
I m working on it, first i try to scan the radius distance (1st option). If this method don't crash the server then it will be our release otherwise i go for the damage check only (2nd option).
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-15-2012 , 18:43   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #26

MasterMind420,
its done, since u ask.. this is what u will test for me:
1) Run 1 any campaign map with lot of entity, car, ladder, or what ever garbage as long as entity and see if the sever crash or not. Keep in mind if u crash not during you incap mean its not cause by my plugin (if you crash just turn the function off "selfstandup_clearance = 0.0").
2) Check any console error.
3) Check if self get up wont fire after you away from zombie and infected? Found a glitch or timer get up broken half way, let me know.
4) Monitor your CPU performance during your test with "selfstandup_clearance" turned off 1 full campaign and on 1 full campaign. I want to know what is the different of the CPU level (if u not crash).
5) Turn on "selfstandup_count_msg = 1" during your test. If the notifier ("You too close to Jockey or what ever print to chat") and you feel like too spamy let me know.
6) In theory Tank also count as Special Infected exclude the witch (Witch too pro killer so i avoid it). In my mind, this would be a problem if the Tank, SI or "common" just next wall or you incap in the small room or chamber with Tank just next wall or down floor. You will never get up mate..!! How ever the chat message will tell u if somethings is too close to u..

set "selfstandup_clearance = 200.0". Not too far, not too close or better bigger radius.

I can't full test this because my younger brother won't play with me if i turn it on. He say i m too cheaty..
so i count on u..

Most important must report back to me because i want to make official release... please...

Take your time and thanks in advance...

EDIT: Delete your old L4D2_selfstandup.cfg.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_selfstandup.sp - 292 views - 51.9 KB)

Last edited by GsiX; 09-15-2012 at 19:21. Reason: What the hell.. 51.9 KB?
chatyak
Old 09-16-2012 , 20:03   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #27

I will test this when I can - thank you for your work!
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-16-2012 , 20:23   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
I will test this when I can - thank you for your work!
Thanks mate!!!

Last edited by GsiX; 09-16-2012 at 20:37.
chatyak
Old 09-16-2012 , 20:46   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #29

It seems to work.... and other times it doesn't seem to work. I believe the round is not ending if you join the game via IP/console.

It seemed to work fine when I was already in game and changed to another map. However, the round didn't end when I joined via steam server browser or IP - and after I died I could still hear my heart beat... but some improvement since the first version, almost there.

Last edited by chatyak; 09-16-2012 at 20:46.
chatyak
Old 09-16-2012 , 21:25   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
It seems to work.... and other times it doesn't seem to work. I believe the round is not ending if you join the game via IP/console.

It seemed to work fine when I was already in game and changed to another map. However, the round didn't end when I joined via steam server browser or IP - and after I died I could still hear my heart beat... but some improvement since the first version, almost there.

Tested again - seems to work now... odd. Not sure... however it appears to work now almost every time. One time it didn't finish.. not sure why... will try it tonight for the games.