Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)

Post New Thread Reply   

luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2018 , 06:54   Re: [ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
Because this is apparently not working in CS:GO because of another extension's incompatibility, I'm curious...

Since players can "connect <serverip>" to a full server anyway, why couldn't this plugin just check their steamID when they connect, and if they are admin/vip, perform the kick action on the last player to join or the highest IP or whatever the criteria is?

What is it about the "connect" extension that is so crucial to this process? This is a genuine question, if it comes across the wrong way.
The extension and this plugin are very simple. The extension provides a way to interact with a player before they are connected. If you imagine a scenario where you have a full server, you can't connect because the server wont let you. I cant interact with the player(fully) without this extension until hes connected so I cant kick someone and let this person in.
Old 11-11-2018 , 06:05   Re: [ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)
Reply With Quote #32

I get that part, but since it doesn't work for CS:GO and it's arguably the game people want features for the most, for the sake of that couldn't you skip the part of being able to interact with them before connection, let them force their way into the server like a normal person by connecting through the console when the server is full, then have the plugin move an existing player based on the force-connected players reserved slot status?

At this point, the vast majority know they can get into a full CS:GO server connecting through the console. The part about being able to connect regularly is sort of trivial since players have been having to force their way into servers for the past 6 years or more, and I think that trivial aspect is limiting what is currently the best Reserved Slots plugin out there. All the other RS plugins force you to actually limit slots for it to work, and that's ridiculous for people who don't have 20-30+ slot servers.

Last edited by mlov420; 11-11-2018 at 06:07.
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2018 , 10:39   Re: [ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
I get that part, but since it doesn't work for CS:GO and it's arguably the game people want features for the most, for the sake of that couldn't you skip the part of being able to interact with them before connection, let them force their way into the server like a normal person by connecting through the console when the server is full, then have the plugin move an existing player based on the force-connected players reserved slot status?

At this point, the vast majority know they can get into a full CS:GO server connecting through the console. The part about being able to connect regularly is sort of trivial since players have been having to force their way into servers for the past 6 years or more, and I think that trivial aspect is limiting what is currently the best Reserved Slots plugin out there. All the other RS plugins force you to actually limit slots for it to work, and that's ridiculous for people who don't have 20-30+ slot servers.
No they wont be able to connect to the server. Thats the point of the extension. Thats why im using it. When the server is full, this extension allows me to check their steam id BEFORE they connect. If I dont kick someone at this point, then they would get told by the server that its full.
Old 11-13-2018 , 10:49   Re: [ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)
Reply With Quote #34

I wanna preempt this response by saying that my responses are genuine and not trying to bicker with you, I'm really trying to understand this.

Anyways, with CS:GO, the following example scenario is true:

- Server has 10 players slots, and is full with players, 10/10
- Player double clicks server in Server Browser, can't connect
- Player takes Server IP, types "connect <serverip>" in console, and is allowed to connect to the server even if it's full
- Player will connect and get all the way to the join team screen, before either being kicked or forced to join spectator if server is full depending on server spectator settings

With that being said, players CAN connect to the server already without any kind of plugins or anything. The only way to actually stop this currently is with a "Client Limiter" plugin. So knowing this statement is true, that players CAN connect and get* all the way into the Team Join screen or Spectator in a Full Server, why couldn't this plugin NOT use connect.ext for only CS:GO and instead do all these checks once the players has "force connected" to the server?

I hope that's more clear. Because players 100% can join full servers in CS:GO through the console and get all the way to the Team Join screen. Which means there are a lot of different points where a connecting player's SteamID could be checked for a Reserved Slot, then the plugin functions happen (move a player to spec/kick, place Reserved Slot player on a team).

Last edited by mlov420; 11-13-2018 at 10:50. Reason: couple words
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 11-17-2018 , 11:47   Re: [ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
I wanna preempt this response by saying that my responses are genuine and not trying to bicker with you, I'm really trying to understand this.

Anyways, with CS:GO, the following example scenario is true:

- Server has 10 players slots, and is full with players, 10/10
- Player double clicks server in Server Browser, can't connect
- Player takes Server IP, types "connect <serverip>" in console, and is allowed to connect to the server even if it's full
- Player will connect and get all the way to the join team screen, before either being kicked or forced to join spectator if server is full depending on server spectator settings

With that being said, players CAN connect to the server already without any kind of plugins or anything. The only way to actually stop this currently is with a "Client Limiter" plugin. So knowing this statement is true, that players CAN connect and get* all the way into the Team Join screen or Spectator in a Full Server, why couldn't this plugin NOT use connect.ext for only CS:GO and instead do all these checks once the players has "force connected" to the server?

I hope that's more clear. Because players 100% can join full servers in CS:GO through the console and get all the way to the Team Join screen. Which means there are a lot of different points where a connecting player's SteamID could be checked for a Reserved Slot, then the plugin functions happen (move a player to spec/kick, place Reserved Slot player on a team).
I did not know about this. Would need more info, but could be possible.
Old 11-18-2018 , 07:19   Re: [ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)
Reply With Quote #36

Well, if you're interested in tweaking the plugin for CS:GO per what I mentioned and get it working, I'd be more than happy to assist however I can with testing or providing more information, and I would even throw you a few bucks for your trouble.

If not, I totally understand since the plugin technically works for what you designed it for.

If you want to talk privately we can, feel free to add me (https://steamcommunity.com/id/kmsraidboss), otherwise, thank you for your time entertaining this discussion with me.
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 11-21-2018 , 11:50   Re: [ANY] Basic Reserved Slots using Connect (11.08.2016)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Well, if you're interested in tweaking the plugin for CS:GO per what I mentioned and get it working, I'd be more than happy to assist however I can with testing or providing more information, and I would even throw you a few bucks for your trouble.

If not, I totally understand since the plugin technically works for what you designed it for.

If you want to talk privately we can, feel free to add me (https://steamcommunity.com/id/kmsraidboss), otherwise, thank you for your time entertaining this discussion with me.
I'll look into it.

EDIT: The Connect extension helps with STEAM ID spoofing. Without that, an admin could get kicked. So technically no problem with skipping the extension except for this.

Last edited by luki1412; 11-19-2021 at 03:23.