Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

tigerox
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2009 , 17:39   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #131

headshot sound in CSS does not always work.

Switched back to old quakesounds.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 06-28-2009 , 16:01   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #132

Well, I have read a lot of replies about problems with the text not showing and sounds not playing.
Did the people who posted those replies read the instructions? And if yes, did those people remember to go to the quakesoundslist.cfg file and change the "config" value which is by default 0, disabled?

@tigerox: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...0&postcount=96

@ThielHater: After a sound does not play, check your in-game console and server error logs for an error message.

Last edited by Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr; 06-28-2009 at 16:12.
Send a message via AIM to Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
decadentx
Old 06-30-2009 , 10:12   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #133

Hi Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, nice work with this.

After spending pretty much the whole night tinkering with the plugin I noticed it works just fine -- as long as I don't try and customize anything. I've encountered an error that's been brought up quite a few times here already, but hasen't been answered at all so far.

I was planning on incorporating the more recent UT3 sounds (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=87869) in your plugin. So all I did was carefully remove excess styles (female, german?), slightly modify the translation file and change the "standard" style to my needs (ie. ut3/headshot.mp3 or quake/ut3/headshot.mp3, tried everything). I've been over every single file over and over and over again and honestly don't get why it STILL doesn't work!

So I get into my server.. the sounds download, I start playing but no sounds are played. I get the annoying "Failed to load sound x, file probably missing from disk/repository" error. I go to my cstrike sounds folder.. nothings there? Basically it tells me it downloads the sounds when I'm connecting when in fact they're not.

Remember it all worked before I tried anything = sv_pure, allowdownload etc.. are not the problem. Note I also have a fastDL mirror server. Some guy told me to try and put them on there as well (as a bz2) and see if it works.. and it didn't. Nothing does.

Is it just me or can anyone out there use custom sounds? I dare you to try!

Thanks
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 06-30-2009 , 12:05   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #134

ok, I will test this with my server which has sv_pure and fast download URL.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 06-30-2009 , 15:07   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #135

I see the problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. For some reason, the sounds are not being precached. I checked the code, sv_downloadurl, and sv_pure, and I was not able to find the problem.
decadentx
Old 07-01-2009 , 07:10   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #136

hey, thanks for the time

other than that it works great.. it's a real shame because those ut3 sounds sound amazing, and this plugin is the best one there is. i tried with all the others and none work. if you recoded the entire plugin from scratch acknowledging you were gonna use the new ones instead of those ones in the first place, would it work? odd.

hope someone figures it out, for now i'll just have to use the default sounds...*sigh* ;)
DrunkenKoZ
Greetings, mortal.
Old 07-01-2009 , 09:46   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #137

I've been trying to add a custom sound set, but it ended up making me not able to type !quake or /quake in the server. I don't know why and there are no errors in the logs.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 07-01-2009 , 15:24   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #138

I am still trying to figure out why sounds are not being precached. Not even the original sounds are being precaches. If you delete the original sound files from your computer, you will see that your server won't send you the sound files (not even the original sound files).

I tried using a different plug-in to precache the sound files, but the server still didn't send me the sound files. The server sends models, decals, and so forth, but not sound files. Is sound precaching working for other plug-ins?

Last edited by Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr; 07-01-2009 at 15:27.
Send a message via AIM to Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
decadentx
Old 07-01-2009 , 17:38   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #139

good point. i forgot to mention i already had the sounds as well. pretty much everyone has the quake sounds.. so they must of got them somewhere! probably the older quake sounds or the es one.
DrunkenKoZ
Greetings, mortal.
Old 07-01-2009 , 22:40   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.50 / Updated May 30 2009)
Reply With Quote #140

The first one that I used works and the sounds I uploaded work great with the old one. This one the sounds I try to use won't even work at all. That's why I reverted back to the old one since I can use my sounds on there.