Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Real fake clients

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

[DeX]VIPER
Zero Posts
Old 12-15-2008 , 18:21   Re: Real fake clients

If I just replace this file which was the same as i had in there (I checked the date made 8-08 but replaced it anyways and it puts 50/32 people in the server? And you can see by HLSW that there is 50 "?" marks in there. Something is missing. What do you do with all those other files that are in there as well. (In the FAKECLIENT.zip file)? There is like 10 files in there. Do they go someplace as well? And if not why are they in there?

Your forgetting steps that you assume most know LOL! i am not most.

Last edited by [DeX]VIPER; 12-15-2008 at 18:23.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2008 , 17:46   Re: Real fake clients

All you have to worry about is that 1 dll and the cvar rf_clients 30 in your server.cfg All the rest is just dust in the wind.

donmega
Old 12-26-2008 , 11:19   Re: Real fake clients

Hey i download the update recompiled version in post 65. But i have no clue where to put the files, can someone help me?? Thanks
dotISO
Old 03-01-2009 , 00:45   Re: Real fake clients

Nice work! Works flawlessly with TF2.
Here's a heads up:
Make sure you limit the amount of fake clients you can have in server.cfg with the command "rf_clients" before installing this, or you'll feel sorry afterward :/
Also, is there a way to kick a client after a player joins?

Last edited by dotISO; 03-01-2009 at 12:56.
FixX
Old 03-07-2009 , 19:19   Re: Real fake clients

Is there a way to set this up so its removes and adds clients as needed? I want my server to always be atleast 30/32.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2009 , 22:11   Re: Real fake clients

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...2&postcount=65

Paters0n
Old 03-18-2009 , 02:40   Re: Real fake clients

Hey,
Im basically a Mod scrub atm (but getting better? I guess?) and just need help installing this. Im fine when it comes to installing normal plugins with explanations in stuff, but after reading this whole thread and doing my best to try and set it up, I cant get anything to work and I probably just dont know what the hell Im doing.

I dont understand this part that was posted earlier.

"if(value < rf_clients.GetInt())
return
rf_clients.GetInt
();
return
value; "

1) Where the hell do I put this?
2) Can someone actually help me replace the variables I dont know what they mean, my server is 32 slots, I would like 10 Fake clients.
3) On the second page I did what that one guy said about making a real fake folder and putting the .dll in it and changing the metamod file by putting that line in, but still nothing works. I added the rf_clients 10 at the bottom of my server config and it still didnt work.

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for being so Mod-Nubish.
leV
Old 04-06-2009 , 18:02   Re: Real fake clients

Hello, I was wondering about Valve's new implentation of the server ranking system and such.

Is there any way to get around this? is there any way to make valve think your server is laways at atleast.. say.. 16/24?

This is basically in reference to this TF2 Blog post.

My server was removed from the master server list after a few weeks of this 'strategy' by Valve, which works, I suppose. I have seen my server population of my server drop like a fly, and would love to know of another way to bring users to my server. Does anybody know of any idea?

CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2009 , 07:35   Re: Real fake clients

Yeah...legitimately. The way people filled servers prior to lying about the server count. Players didnt like being tricked into joining servers which is why valve implemented this.
Old 04-09-2009 , 16:19   Re: Real fake clients

I know why the implemented it, but the plugin was made to make servers illegitimate, was it not?

I was simply wondering about an update to the plugin's source that might get around this "problem", or perhaps an alternative.

Closed Thread