2 years and more than 1000 posts later it is done, wow
Amazing and usefull plugin.

bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 07-24-2008 , 00:54   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Definitely Installed Glad to see

-A lot of weight off the old shoulders eh
Old 07-24-2008 , 15:48   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I read the FAQ, and the whole main post... and my question is not awnsered, however I didnt read every post in this thread, as it is way too long and will take hours.. so sorry if I am repeating a question...;

I am having trouble with the 32 slot servers, I am installing the beta version, and I put the language file in the right spot, but it is still saying ML_NOTFOUND errors... I also tryed copying the lang file and renaming the copy the same as the beta amxx plugin to see if that would work, and it did not..

I am also having this problem with the same servers... the menu is dissappearing most the time, and only appears when you say /server or another command to bring it up, 1/10th of the time around.. and i am using the exact same .ini file as my 31(andless) servers, so it is not too long..

MarioSimpson, Leader of the Ultimate - CS - Gaming Community, featuring many clans within it... for CS 1.6 and other famous games..

Send a message via MSN to mariosimpson
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2008 , 18:42   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosimpson View Post
I read the FAQ, and the whole main post... and my question is not awnsered, however I didnt read every post in this thread, as it is way too long and will take hours.. so sorry if I am repeating a question...;
don't worry. you are not supposed to read through all this. apart from that your post is pretty...weird.

Quote:
I am having trouble with the 32 slot servers, I am installing the beta version, and I put the language file in the right spot, but it is still saying ML_NOTFOUND errors... I also tryed copying the lang file and renaming the copy the same as the beta amxx plugin to see if that would work, and it did not..
the "weird" thing here: there is no beta version. look some posts above you, i just released the stable version which made all beta versions disappear and there is only this one stable version offered. so which version are you talking about?
and of course you don't need to rename the file. the plugin's name is xredirect.amxx and that of the language file is xredirect.txt - if you had redirect.txt it's an outdated version, which would explain your ML_NOTFOUND errors.
i would suggest you simply redownload all the files from the first post and put them as shown in the Installation section. that should fix your problems, these files fit together perfectly - don't mix them with old files, replace them all and do that on all of your servers - and don't rename any files

Quote:
I am also having this problem with the same servers... the menu is dissappearing most the time, and only appears when you say /server or another command to bring it up, 1/10th of the time around.. and i am using the exact same .ini file as my 31(andless) servers, so it is not too long..
seriously, was this your first day of playing a halflife game? it's a menu. a menu in halflife is supposed to work as follows:
- a trigger makes a menu come up, usually it's a command issued by the player (written to the console or chat or by pressing a button), sometimes it's also triggered by the server, like at the end of a map to vote for the next map
- the menu comes up at the left side of the screen - it offers several options and the player chooses one
- the player presses the number on his keyboard according to the menu item he wants to select
- the menu disappears - of course it does, choosing is finished

and what can i say, this is exactly how the xREDIRECT menu works. a player wants to go to another server, so he brings up the menu by writing /server to the chat. then he selects a server he likes - xREDIRECT shows the current server information like map and players to help with the decision. if he then presses e.g. 2 he is redirected to the server assigned to that menu entry.
until now in these 2 years i really never had to explain that so not even reading through all posts in this thread would have answered you that

you seem to want a menu that is always there but that's technically impossible as menues are not meant to be used like this. as you are pressing several buttons throughout the game you will at some time hit a number key that makes it disappear - and i believe there is also a timeout for the menu so after a minute or so it might disappear automatically. not sure about that though.
anyway, to give the players some all-time-information about the servers i included the announcements. if it's important for you that your players can always see the status of all other servers just you could try to set redirect_announce to 10. as the announcements are removed after 10 seconds this should make the HUD be present all the time - i never tried that though.
Old 07-24-2008 , 19:29   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
seriously, was this your first day of playing a halflife game? it's a menu. a menu in halflife is supposed to work as follows:
- a trigger makes a menu come up, usually it's a command issued by the player (written to the console or chat or by pressing a button), sometimes it's also triggered by the server, like at the end of a map to vote for the next map
- the menu comes up at the left side of the screen - it offers several options and the player chooses one
- the player presses the number on his keyboard according to the menu item he wants to select
- the menu disappears - of course it does, choosing is finished

I am very sorry for waisting your time by typing that, when it was completly my fault.. feel free to -karma me for that, I would deserve it.... I worded that rong... and no its not my first time having a halflife server, I know exatly what im doing, I think.. ive been doing this for 6 years ;) but im not a public creater like your self, im just a user and an examiner.. any plugins I make I use only for my self.. untell the time comes that I feel the public should use it aswell.

What I ment to say is, the menu Barly shows up when you put in the commands to say it, it only comes up 1/10th of time time (Around, im just making that up..) but I have only seen the menu pop up one time when i have this command issued from my console "say /server".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
the "weird" thing here: there is no beta version. look some posts above you, i just released the stable version which made all beta versions disappear and there is only this one stable version offered. so which version are you talking about?
and of course you don't need to rename the file. the plugin's name is xredirect.amxx and that of the language file is xredirect.txt - if you had redirect.txt it's an outdated version, which would explain your ML_NOTFOUND errors.
As for the ML_NOTFOUND errors, AKA Language file missing...

I downloaded this only around a week ago, and I see that now, the beta version has been removed... I am downloading the files now..

But before, it said to download the beta version for 32 slot servers.. and only use the stable version for 31 slots and less.. so that is what I did.. and when I said I copyed and renamed the language file, I did that because the beta version plugins name is serverrdirect.amxx and I thought by renaming the copy to serverrdirect.txt that it would make things match up..

As for that though, I am going to try the stable version on my 32 slot servers, and if it dosnt work, I will post the errors

MarioSimpson, Leader of the Ultimate - CS - Gaming Community, featuring many clans within it... for CS 1.6 and other famous games..

Last edited by mariosimpson; 07-24-2008 at 19:33. Reason: Named beta plugin rong.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2008 , 20:02   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

serverredirect.amxx was the stable at this time and now it's outdated and old. the name of its language file was redirect.txt. the plugin was renamed to xredirect as was the files to make it consistent - the beta was xredirect.amxx and the language file for the beta xredirect.txt. and now this beta has advanced to become the new stable, the 1.0 version, so from now on there is only xredirect files.

and now i understand your menu problem. still i've never heard of such an issue - if it persists even with 1.0 show me your configuration and i'll check it.
Old 07-24-2008 , 20:34   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I am still having this menu problem after changing from the serverredirect to the 1.0 version.. and im still having the same menu problem, but the language problem is gone...

this is the EXACT thing im putting in my amxx.cfg on the servers... as the servers are managed by other admins i made it convenient for them when the look at it to customize it... but I thought it would be a good idea to copy exactly what im putting in it for you.. so.. :

Code:
//xRedirect Cvar values. Section added by Mario!
//This list is the Normal values for the Normal plugin (For 31 slots and less servers)
redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 1
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 1
redirect_check_method 1
redirect_announce 80
redirect_announce_mode 3
;redirect_announce_alivepos_x -1.0
;redirect_announce_alivepos_y 0.01
;redirect_announce_deadpos_x -1.0
;redirect_announce_deadpos_y 0.01
redirect_show 1
redirect_adminslots 1
redirect_maxadmins 0
redirect_retry 1
//This list is for the BETA version (FOR 32 SLOT SERVERS) look at
//http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=255727 before uncommenting these, aswell as
//commenting the cvars above that are being replaced
;redirect_auto 3
;redirect_manual
;redirect_hidedown 3
;redirect_localslots 0
//End of xRedirect cvar customizations.

This is added to the Bottom of the amxx.cfg file.

I do not think this is the problem though, because I have the exact same thing on other servers, with the exact same values... and it works fine..

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2008 , 21:45   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

just thinking about what differs this server from the others might help - are you detected as admin on this server but not on others? are all versions the same (Halflife, AMXX, Metamod...)? what happens if you unload all other plugins except xREDIRECT? sorry, i am only doing generic guesses, because i'm afraid it don't see how i could fix an issue in xREDIRECT that is only occuring on this one single server.
do other players have the same effect or is it only on your client? maybe you could also add your serverlist.ini file here and tell which server it is. i could go there and check whether i can see the same issues. in the past it sometimes had helped when i was there and saw the problem in action.

or perhaps you should just try reinstalling AMXX on this server. or even better: copy the whole /addons folder from a server where it is working, including the whole configuration - and then change the config items which are specific to that server back. i say /addons because that includes metamod, which could cause such errors as well.
Old 07-24-2008 , 22:42   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

This is my serverlist.ini, copyed exactly...

Code:
[U.cs-G::BF2 Public|1000FPS Chicago]
address=66.225.198.130
port=27015

[#iGz Hide N Seek|NO SLOW DOWN]
address=216.246.49.217
port=27016

[dGk - PaintBall]
address=208.122.57.106
port=27016

[U.cs-G::WarCraft3 Server]
address=208.122.57.187
port=27015
The server I am having trouble with is #iGz Hide N Seek..
The plugin is installed on all servers... and works on all servers.

The HnS Server is the Only server that has 32 slots, the Bf2 server is sv_visiblemaxplayers 32, but it really isnt.

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-25-2008 , 09:50   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

well xREDIRECT plugin is not running on the hide n seek server.
you got quite fast admins there. although some admin named .dot. gave me 5 seconds to react before he kicked me (probably for standing around idle) it was enough time to make an interesting observation.

if you say /server there in chat it does never appear as chat. instead it is redirected to the AMX console command amx_server - in console it said something like "command not found: amx_server".

of course this would explain why xREDIRECT does not work there correctly. some other plugin or alias is interfering with it, stealing the /server command from ever reaching xREDIRECT or even the normal chat.
even if you got the same plugins on all servers maybe the order of loading differs (so the order of listing them in your plugins.ini). if the interfering plugin is loaded before xREDIRECT it gets the command first. if you change the order xREDIRECT might be the first and will work. that should not be your goal though, your configuration seems to be incomplete as it is, because it's redirecting the /server chat to a command that does not exist - that should be fixed anyway.

i can't help you with that any further, you gotta find that problem for yourself. i think i pointed you in the right direction though.

Last edited by xOR; 07-25-2008 at 09:53.
Closed Thread