Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

View Poll Results: What features should I work on for next version?
Add support for Primary & Secondary Weapons 68 51.52%
Add Weight/Amount limits 69 52.27%
Add Encumberance slowdown 30 22.73%
Add Unrecoverable items on death 24 18.18%
Add Drop Command 44 33.33%
Add Admin View/Give Commands 37 28.03%
Make L4D1 Compatible 31 23.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Hiatus

Post New Thread Reply   

Oshroth
Old 03-18-2010 , 22:32   Re: [L4D2] Backpack
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herokim View Post
I SPAM ALOT LOL
Proposition - Add option to pass item to others? Like somebody hunts for machete, but somebody got it, so he can give it back to him......Or Admin Powerz and pass it manually...or Admin can delete the items in back pack lol....So greedy admin must be
Thats mostly the purpose of the Drop command once I add it; allowing players to drop what they are holding so someone else can pick it up.
Old 03-20-2010 , 05:48   Re: [L4D2] Backpack
Reply With Quote #22

hi there, im new to this but ive just put this on my server, and everything works fine.....

the only thing is ive seen this mod on some servers and the text which says type !pack to use backpack , is in the centre of the screen, how do i do that.? as there isnt anything in the config file to edit.....

cheers chris
Herokim
Old 03-20-2010 , 07:43  
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
hi there, im new to this but ive just put this on my server, and everything works fine.....

the only thing is ive seen this mod on some servers and the text which says type !pack to use backpack , is in the centre of the screen, how do i do that.? as there isnt anything in the config file to edit.....

cheers chris
Possibly, the servers owners know how to make at least SIMPLE Plugins, so they modified source. I throught like that. I am not making plugins so i dont know how to make it....But they know. So modified source to show the message at center of screen.
terminator2k2
Old 03-20-2010 , 13:13   Re: [L4D2] Backpack
Reply With Quote #24

this is just a trial for wat i want.....ill post if it works

does the job i want it to do......it will display a hint message around 60 secs after a player joins....then nothing after that.....

ive then got my advertisement plugin to display " type !pack " every 2 minutes or so in chat....

learn something new every day......
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_backpack.sp - 586 views - 29.5 KB)

Last edited by terminator2k2; 03-20-2010 at 14:10.
Knappy
Old 03-20-2010 , 15:52   Re: [L4D2] Backpack
Reply With Quote #25

Advertisements are one thing (hint anyway) but the losing items on a map change has GOT to be fixed!
terminator2k2
Old 03-20-2010 , 19:02   Re: [L4D2] Backpack
Reply With Quote #26

possibly the same thing that causes points to be reset on the points and buy plugin i use.....
Ulrich
Old 03-21-2010 , 02:10   Re: [L4D2] Backpack
Reply With Quote #27

I just found a bug. Basically, if you're close enough to a explosive, but far enough away from one right next to it, you can grab each one again and again, creating a loop and giving you how ever many you wish. (To explain it better: A mollotive is next to a pipe bomb. You grab the pipe bomb. You then grab the mollotive. The mollotive is equiped, the pipe bomb is both put back into its origional spot and stored in the back pack, creating 2)
Oshroth
Old 03-21-2010 , 04:11   Re: [L4D2] Backpack
Reply With Quote #28

Darn I thought I fixed that bug. It must be another bug caused by the code for grenade removal.

Any extra information you can provide on the bug is greatly appreciated. The debug version of backpack displays the distances of grenades when you are picking up other grenades. You can activate debug mode by putting the line:
#define DEBUG 1
near the top of the plugin source and compiling it.
Old 03-22-2010 , 08:16   Re: [L4D2] Backpack
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
possibly the same thing that causes points to be reset on the points and buy plugin i use.....
If you use the latest version of the l4d2 "points/buy"plugin it is intented to not carry points over, as stated in the release notes on first page of corresponding plugin.
Ulrich
Old 03-22-2010 , 18:02   Re: [L4D2] Backpack
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
If you use the latest version of the l4d2 "points/buy"plugin it is intented to not carry points over, as stated in the release notes on first page of corresponding plugin.
Which kind of sucks for Co-Op and Realism.

Anyway, I tested that glitch a little more (The Infinite Bomb one), and it seems to only happen in survival mode, atleast for me.

Last edited by Ulrich; 03-22-2010 at 18:03. Reason: Fixed a typo