Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Disconnect Reason

Post New Thread Reply   

jim_yang
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2011 , 10:31   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #11

if you don't change the source code of a function and use the same compiler with same compiling parameters, generally it will generate the same binary code. Such as registers, short jump relative address..., but long jump relative address maybe changed caused by the update of other functions, that's the mask part. so signature scan is not a garantee also. deponds on how the source code changes.
So your goal is to at least find the right address in the current version, that's good enough.
the principle of making a mask is if there is address, use * instead.
the operation code(such as mov push reg...) and immediate number(such as 1,2,3...), use the original binary code.
Hope you understand what I'm trying to say..., damn my English...
<team balancer#no round end#entity remover#quake sounds#fake full#maps management menu#players punishment menu#no team flash#colored flashbang#grenade trails#HE effect#spawn protection#weapon arena#weapon upgrade#auto join#no weapon drop#one name>
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-01-2011 , 11:04   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #12

I understand the purpose and goal of getting a good signature but deciphering what IDA outputs is what I am not versed in. Arkshines example above is a good demonstration for making signatures that is easy to understand. I would like to see a tutorial that shows specifically what should or shouldn't be included in a signature (0x5A, "*", or "?" for each piece of data), from a first-time signature making aka newbie perspective.

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-01-2011 at 11:27.
jim_yang
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2011 , 11:18   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #13

basiclly the four bytes address should be replaced by "*", other than this, don't change.
<team balancer#no round end#entity remover#quake sounds#fake full#maps management menu#players punishment menu#no team flash#colored flashbang#grenade trails#HE effect#spawn protection#weapon arena#weapon upgrade#auto join#no weapon drop#one name>
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-01-2011 , 11:34   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #14

How do you determine what an address is though? This entire subject is unclear to me, I guess we should bring this discussion to the signature making tut instead of this thread. I think if it is made easier to create signatures more people will begin to use orpheu. I could even make a windows app to make signatures and masks automatically once I understand it fully.

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-01-2011 at 11:38.
jim_yang
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2011 , 11:52   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #15

Code:
.text:1000A027    75 10                    jnz     short loc_1000A039
.text:1000A029    FF 15 E4 62 0D 10   call    dword_100D62E4
here is two jumps, one is short jump, second is long jump,
first use offset, relative address 10
second use absolute address, four bytes, so the second one should be replaced by
FF 15 * * * *
FF 15 is CALL opt, don't change

if you found something like call dword_ or sub_ or offset off_ and the address is four bytes, then use *

Last edited by jim_yang; 09-01-2011 at 11:55.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-01-2011 , 12:02   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #16

I am really interested in making an app for creating signatures where you just copy and paste a block of text like Arkshine has above and it will output the signature including the appropriate mask. I need to do more research on the subject, though. Thank you both for the examples.
Old 09-01-2011 , 12:03   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #17

nice, waiting for your tool, gonna sleep now, bye.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-01-2011 , 13:07   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #18

Just to say I'm not entirely agree with Jim, about : So your goal is to at least find the right address in the current version, that's good enough., it may ok with the engine, but for mod like CS, you have to get a good sig to match CZ too. I can say, because of my plugins, binaries are compiled differently and not exactly the same and a signature working under CS is not working always in CZ.

The rule : "all could be changed except the first byte and local var", I've read it in the SourceMod section from someone which was explaining how to make good signature. Using this rule is more simple and you have more chance to get a good signature.

Btw, the hlbeta is going to be a pain, even with a good signature, it won't match always because compiled differently. :/
Old 09-01-2011 , 14:12   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #19

NIce
Here a nice ideea you should put the command kick inside
I mean when an admin kick somebody it will write in chat
x bla bla bla left the server/game [reason Kicked by admin]
F0RCE
Old 09-01-2011 , 16:10   Re: Disconnect Reason
Reply With Quote #20

good job as always bro