Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Perform admin commands on player viewed

Post New Thread Reply   

Radianation
Old 10-18-2004 , 04:15   Perform admin commands on player viewed
Reply With Quote #1

I miss being able to perform actions on a player while you're in 1st person mode on them.

I don't like having to scroll through a list of commands to find the player. For example, if i'm in first person on another player I should be able to popup a special menu that lets me slap, slay, kick, ban, teleport, or whatever that specific player without having to reference them in any other way besides 1st person spectator.

Also, what about the old teleportation mods being able to teleport a user to your view point?
Old 10-18-2004 , 20:10  
Reply With Quote #2

Those are two excellent ideas. I know the is a slap plugins that works exactly like this for amx mod on modns.org, i just cant find it at the moment.
Send a message via AIM to micr0c0sm
anti1337
Old 10-18-2004 , 21:16  
Reply With Quote #3

That would be a great idea....I would use it.
Send a message via AIM to anti1337 Send a message via Yahoo to anti1337
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-18-2004 , 22:00   Re: Perform admin commands on player viewed
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radianation
I miss being able to perform actions on a player while you're in 1st person mode on them.

I don't like having to scroll through a list of commands to find the player. For example, if i'm in first person on another player I should be able to popup a special menu that lets me slap, slay, kick, ban, teleport, or whatever that specific player without having to reference them in any other way besides 1st person spectator.

Also, what about the old teleportation mods being able to teleport a user to your view point?
I like that idea alot...
One small problem is if they die while your spectating them.
DarkMind
Old 10-19-2004 , 19:50  
Reply With Quote #5

Hmmmm.... how about this?

Add a bindable command to open a separate command menu (similar to the Command Menu for Admins, but more streamlined to fit client actions). Perhaps just a few actions such as:

1. Snapshot
2. Slap
3. Slay
4. Kick
5. Ban
6. Vote
7. Send FreeCode's Home Phone Number for Pranks

Just a thought.
IP = 66.208.107.35:27015
imported_malex
Old 10-19-2004 , 19:55  
Reply With Quote #6

Back in my adminmod days, I remember seeing a plugin that would handle player selection in a twostep process. First, you would bind a key to a command that would select the player you're looking at. Second, you would run a command, whose arguments would be expanded with the selected player. Something like this could be extended to handle the 1st person spec case, and provide an easy way for admins to discipline players without having to scroll through numerous menus or type out the ludicrous names.

\malex\
Dygear
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-20-2004 , 17:05  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMind
  1. Snapshot
  2. Slap
  3. Slay
  4. Kick
  5. Ban
  6. Vote
  7. Send FreeCode's Home Phone Number for Pranks
  1. I did not know that HL2 had implemented a way of taken Screen Shots of players. Dose the Screen Shot get sent to the server, or must the client upload the image themself?
  2. Standard Command.
  3. Standard Command.
  4. Standard Command.
  5. Standard Command.
  6. Such as vote kick / ban / torment?
  7. Standard Command. J/K Freecode.
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2004 , 18:04  
Reply With Quote #8

Yea, players can't upload things to servers. It would be a very big security hole.
Old 10-20-2004 , 18:19  
Reply With Quote #9

Uploading a screenshot would be real cool, however. I remember back to the days of Punkbuster, which allowed this. We caught more than one cheater by going through the screenshots.

\malex\
Dygear
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-21-2004 , 00:34  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by malex
Uploading a screenshot would be real cool, however. I remember back to the days of Punkbuster, which allowed this. We caught more than one cheater by going through the screenshots.

\malex\
Yes PB, This is on BF1942, and I use it on Luds BF server (witch I am an admin on). It's sick, it takes a screen shot and while they are connected they upload the image with idle bandwith.