Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2011 , 17:46   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

MaloModo: it should still work. Asherkin has been lazy about updating the one in the release package :/

danmon: sounds like a gamedata issue. Update all your gamedata.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-18-2011 at 17:47.
portalmods124
Old 12-19-2011 , 05:59   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

A little question.
I tried making "Strange Fists" for the heavy using Sarge's give weapon 3.09. Made the item quality "11" but turned out showing "Fists" in orange colour but no quality prefix. Anyway how to fix it?

Code:
Code:
//Hale's Own Fists
 SetTrieString(g_hItemInfoTrie, "9005_classname", "tf_weapon_fists");
 SetTrieValue(g_hItemInfoTrie, "9005_index", 5);
 SetTrieValue(g_hItemInfoTrie, "9005_slot", 2);
 SetTrieValue(g_hItemInfoTrie, "9005_quality", 11);
 SetTrieValue(g_hItemInfoTrie, "9005_level", 101);
 SetTrieString(g_hItemInfoTrie, "9005_attribs", "68 ; 2.0 ; 2 ; 3.1 ; 259 ; 1.0 ; 214 ; 0 ; 26 ; 29700");
 SetTrieValue(g_hItemInfoTrie, "9005_ammo", -1);
Old 12-19-2011 , 14:04   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
OnGive does some funky things, sometimes it's visible and sometimes it's not.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with adding custom attributes or something like that. I've noticed I can't see Kritzkriegs in Vs. Saxton Hale, one of the items whose attributes and item quality have been adjusted.

Quote:
More importantly, though, it is NOT always called when the client touches a resupply or respawns. They must receive new weapons to have it called.
So, are you saying that we should hook the post_inventory_application event and use TF2Items_GiveNamedItem to give them the correct items instead?

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-19-2011 at 14:05.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2011 , 16:52   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

portalmods: item quality prefixes are now valve item-server-side. USE THE GIVEWEAPON CUSTOM CONFIG INSTEAD OF MODIFYING THE PLUGIN ITSELF :/ I worked hard to make that custom config ;_;

Powerlord: what I ended up doing to force an ongive is I removed whatever weapons I wanted modified before I regenerated the player.
Also, in VS Saxton Hale, the plugin *gives* a kritzkrieg rather than using OnGive to modify the medic's secondary. In that case, it will definitely be invisible because it's an entirely new entity, not their equipped weapon.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-19-2011 at 16:54.
danmon
Old 12-19-2011 , 17:16   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
danmon: sounds like a gamedata issue. Update all your gamedata.
I have the latest snapshot of Sourcemod (hg3452) and i have the tf2items.randomizer.txt and the latest update of tf2items

Last edited by danmon; 12-20-2011 at 11:37. Reason: stupid comment on TF2items
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-20-2011 , 01:30   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmon View Post
it just concerns me that TF2items hasnt been updated since November
It concerns me that you are concerned by something being well-written enough that it doesn't require frequent updates (unlike some games I might mention).
Old 12-20-2011 , 11:36   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
It concerns me that you are concerned by something being well-written enough that it doesn't require frequent updates (unlike some games I might mention).
Sorry, edited that part out, i guess i will try getting the stable 1.41 version of Sourcemod

Edit: I just installed Stable Sourcemod 1.41, but i found this is in the errors log once the server crashed:
Quote:
[UPDATER] --- BEGIN ERRORS FROM AUTOMATIC UPDATER ---
L 12/23/2011 - 113:02: [UPDATER] Could not open orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\sdkhoo ks.games\engine.ep2v.txt for writing
L 12/23/2011 - 113:02: [UPDATER] Could not open orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\sdkhoo ks.games\game.garrysmod.txt for writing
L 12/23/2011 - 113:02: [UPDATER] Could not open orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\sdkhoo ks.games\game.alienswarm.txt for writing
L 12/23/2011 - 113:02: [UPDATER] Could not open orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\sdkhoo ks.games\game.dinodday.txt for writing
L 12/23/2011 - 113:02: [UPDATER] Could not open orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\sdkhoo ks.games\master.games.txt for writing
L 12/23/2011 - 113:02: [UPDATER] Could not open orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\sdkhoo ks.games\game.nucleardawn.txt for writing
L 12/23/2011 - 113:02: [UPDATER] Could not open orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\sdkhoo ks.games\game.l4d2.txt for writing
L 12/23/2011 - 113:02: [UPDATER] Could not open orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\tf2.it ems.txt for writing
I'm not sure how this could be fixed though.

Last edited by danmon; 12-23-2011 at 12:16.
Hitman4Hire
Old 12-23-2011 , 04:40   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Tf2 weapons noob here, how would I modify a reskined vanilla weapon, like the iron curtain?
jouva
Old 12-23-2011 , 04:53   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

The iron kurtain like any "reskin" has its own unique weapon number. You can find those numbers in the items_game.txt file just like other weapons. All weapons can be modified the same way, but a couple of things to be aware of:

- Base items (the items that each class come equipped with when you've just started playing the game) must ALWAYS have a quality of Normal or they WILL NOT WORK.

- Name tagged or description tagged (or most likely when valve supports it, painted) base weapons have a different id that is called an "upgraded" weapon. Strange versions also use these IDs
Hitman4Hire
Old 12-23-2011 , 05:44   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouva View Post
The iron kurtain like any "reskin" has its own unique weapon number. You can find those numbers in the items_game.txt file just like other weapons. All weapons can be modified the same way, but a couple of things to be aware of:

- Base items (the items that each class come equipped with when you've just started playing the game) must ALWAYS have a quality of Normal or they WILL NOT WORK.

- Name tagged or description tagged (or most likely when valve supports it, painted) base weapons have a different id that is called an "upgraded" weapon. Strange versions also use these IDs
Thanks man
Closed Thread