Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Is more than 32 players possible ?

Post New Thread Reply   

goodman3
Old 06-27-2018 , 01:05   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by haZh View Post
Jesus Christ. All act cool now please?

OP: Interesting idea. I hope you find some experienced programmers to build your project.
My job is a web programmer, knows tcp/socket connect, has many server deployment experience. And in my university time I've tried to write some amxx plugin, a few HL mod. Used memory inject to directly draw subtitles by opengl on some single-player mod. I also make maps, models by myself.
I think in this forum that's just average. But I'm very annoyed when some people judge someone 'zero knowledge' only by guessing. Maybe that's becausemy writing? English isn't even my third language.
haZh
Old 06-27-2018 , 01:51   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman3 View Post
But I'm very annoyed when some people judge someone
Everyone judges, same reason that they are being judged. This won't change, ever. Even one of the creators of this game is being judged as a Pedophile, and got suspended from Valve Corp. How random is that?

OT: Seems all you need is some dedicated man power/team to get this done. As you can already see, doubt you will find it here. I'm not a programmer, but you should be serious about what you invest your time on because I don't think this will be easy or some couple of hours work.

Good luck anyways.
Old 06-27-2018 , 02:07   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by haZh View Post
Everyone judges, same reason that they are being judged. This won't change, ever. Even one of the creators of this game is being judged as a Pedophile, and got suspended from Valve Corp. How random is that?

OT: Seems all you need is some dedicated man power/team to get this done. As you can already see, doubt you will find it here. I'm not a programmer, but you should be serious about what you invest your time on because I don't think this will be easy or some couple of hours work.

Good luck anyways.
Ok, thank you.
meTaLiCroSS
Gaze Upon My Hat
Old 06-27-2018 , 03:05   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solokiller View Post
Increasing the maximum player count would require at the very least these changes:
  • Increase size of clients list in the engine
  • Change engine code to send indices with more bits (client & server)
  • Change every line of code that references the maximum player count (patching code at runtime, client & server)
  • Redesign code that abuses the fact that the maximum player count is 32 to store booleans in integer (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/hal...ggers.cpp#L947)

So it's not possible with existing games & mods because you'd need to modify the code. Even if you could do it, you'd need to disable VAC so it would be a cheater's heaven, especially since there's already memory patching going on so adding your own cheats in would be a lot easier.
wordprax
BANNED
Old 07-03-2018 , 03:27   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #45

How about build 2 servers on a same computer and reflect each other's player as fake entities?
Ghosted
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2018 , 06:45   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #46

No, better use magic.

[MOD] CS Weapon Mod V1.7.1
[MM] MetaMod-C V1.0
[MOD] CS NPC Mod (5%)

Probably Left AM
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2018 , 22:13   Re: Is more than 32 players possible ?
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordprax View Post
How about build 2 servers on a same computer and reflect each other's player as fake entities?
That is literally the same thing that the OP has proposed and thus what this whole thread is about.