Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!

Post New Thread Reply   

ChrisP
Old 05-28-2011 , 19:55   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by natex2012 View Post
hi. any chance for a l4d version? for those who like to play classic l4d;)
Hi, I do not plan on adding support for Left4dead1 in the near future, but if you wish to do so, all the code is there and heavily commented for easier comprehension. I can imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult to make work in l4d1, you would just need to modify the events and maybe the map changing times that are used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
I like the feature where you can vote for the next campaign, but one question. When are they allowed to vote? At the last map of the campaign? or the beginning?
All the voting for the next campaign takes place during the duration of the final map of the campaign. This gives the players on the last map an entire map to debate what campaign they want to play next, without being bothered about it the whole campaign. Thanks for providing some input as to what you like, I appreciate it. Have some bacon.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2011 , 22:19   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #22

Thanks for the bacon.

Map vote does work, but doesn't show up because i think the perks plugin overwrites it with its menu.

Also it would be awesome if you could create a player command "!nextmap" or similar.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 05-29-2011 at 00:31.
Lömmels
Old 05-29-2011 , 08:21   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #23

With ACS i got the same problem like with FMC.

I use custom maps on my coop server and on campaign change you see black/purple squares and the server kicks you off with that message:
Quote:
Host_Error: CMapLoadHelper::Init, unable to open maps/l4d2_ravenholmwar_1.bsp
map names are 100% right.

my edited source:

Code:
#define NUMBER_OF_CAMPAIGNS            14

//First Maps of the Campaign
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[0], 32, "l4d_mic2_trapmentd");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[1], 32, "l4d2_ravenholmwar_1");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[2], 32, "l4d_ihm01_forest");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[3], 32, "l4d_dbd2_citylights");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[4], 32, "l4d2_city17_01");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[5], 32, "c8m1_apartment");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[6], 32, "c1m1_hotel");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[7], 32, "c7m1_docks");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[8], 32, "c6m1_riverbank");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[9], 32, "c2m1_highway");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[10], 32, "c3m1_plankcountry");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[11], 32, "c4m1_milltown_a");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[12], 32, "c5m1_waterfront");
Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[13], 32, "c13m1_alpinecreek");

//Last Maps of the Campaign
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[0], 32, "l4d_mic2_inter_vention");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[1], 32, "l4d2_ravenholmwar_4");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[2], 32, "l4d_ihm05_lakeside");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[3], 32, "l4d_dbd2_new_dawn");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[4], 32, "l4d2_city17_05");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[5], 32, "c8m5_rooftop");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[6], 32, "c1m4_atrium");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[7], 32, "c7m3_port");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[8], 32, "c6m3_port");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[9], 32, "c2m5_concert");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[10], 32, "c3m4_plantation");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[11], 32, "c4m5_milltown_escape");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[12], 32, "c5m5_bridge");
Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[13], 32, "c13m4_cutthroatcreek");

//Campaign Names
Format(g_strCampaignName[0], 32, "Military Industrial Complex 2 v11");
Format(g_strCampaignName[1], 32, "We don't go to Ravenholm");
Format(g_strCampaignName[2], 32, "I hate Mountains");
Format(g_strCampaignName[3], 32, "Dead before Dawn too");
Format(g_strCampaignName[4], 32, "City 17");
Format(g_strCampaignName[5], 32, "No Mercy");
Format(g_strCampaignName[6], 32, "Dead Center");
Format(g_strCampaignName[7], 32, "The Sacrifice");
Format(g_strCampaignName[8], 32, "The Passing");
Format(g_strCampaignName[9], 32, "Dark Carnival");
Format(g_strCampaignName[10], 32, "Swamp Fever");
Format(g_strCampaignName[11], 32, "Hard Rain");
Format(g_strCampaignName[12], 32, "The Parish");
Format(g_strCampaignName[13], 32, "Cold Stream");
my addons list from the server:
Code:
"AddonList"
{
    "mic2v11.vpk"        "1"
    "l4d2_ravenholmwar.vpk"        "1"
    "ihatemountains2.vpk"        "1"
    "deadbeforedawn2.vpk"        "1"
    "city17l4d2.vpk"        "1"
}
Any help??
Old 05-30-2011 , 20:51   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
Thanks for the bacon.

Map vote does work, but doesn't show up because i think the perks plugin overwrites it with its menu.

Also it would be awesome if you could create a player command "!nextmap" or similar.
This is the reason that I created the different CVars. You can use these to offset the time and the way to display the voting system to the players in those. Read the descriptions on them, in the original post and if you are still unsure, I'll be happy to guide you in the right direction.

There actually already are some commands for ACS that every player can use during the entire finale or Scavenge map to vote and whatnot.
  • !mapvote - Allows any player to vote and revote for the next campaign to play
  • !mapvotes - Displays to the player the current vote winner as well as all of the current votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lömmels View Post
With ACS i got the same problem like with FMC.

I use custom maps on my coop server and on campaign change you see black/purple squares and the server kicks you off with that message:
Quote:
Host_Error: CMapLoadHelper::Init, unable to open maps/l4d2_ravenholmwar_1.bsp
map names are 100% right.

Any help??
If both FMC and ACS are having the same problem, then my suggestion is that you take out both plugins and see if changing the maps manually on your server back and forth still causes problems. My guess is that its actually custom maps on the server and not the plugins. I say this because a friend had the same problem on his server, but even after he reinstalled the server and put only sourcemod and metamod with no plugins on it, and then tried to change a custom map manually, the same missing texture(purple checker board) error happend to the players that were in the server when the map changed.

Just in case you don't know them, the commands I use are sm_map "map_name" or you can do changelevel "mapname". By the way, I am not sure what command FMC uses, but ACS uses changelevel. All that ACS does is change the map using the sourcemod command changelevel "levelname" at the appropriate time. So, if this command works manually then so too should ACS, if it doesn't, then neither will ACS.

Edited for further suggestions: If indeed it is the custom maps on the server that is causing the issue, then it is a possibility that someone simply messed up something in one of the maps that causes it to brake like that. I would suggest reinstalling the server with no plugins, to be safe, and then trying each map one by one and see if you can narrow it down and find out if this is the case. It is also a possiblity that it could be that changing custom maps using sourcemod commands while players are in the server is now broken because of a recent Valve Left4Dead2 update. I guess the next step there would be to contact them and hope that they fix it. Or perhaps, contact the SourceMod developers and see if there is something they can do.

Last edited by ChrisP; 05-30-2011 at 21:08.
xioSlayer
Old 06-02-2011 , 19:34   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #25

does this allow you to switch to custom maps while playing?

I can switch to the default maps just fine already, but when i try to load a custom map, the loading screen is missing (pink and black texture), and it kicks everyone from the server.
qoodh
Old 06-05-2011 , 06:49   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #26

"Sets how to advertise voting at the start of the map" is not working my window dedicated server

Until the last chapter, but nothing happen...

i want 3 = OPEN VOTE MENU but... nothing happen
JackieChan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-06-2011 , 00:26   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #27

I have this on my server and whenever it gets to the end of the last campaign to switch back to the beginning of the rotation, the server crashes.

Code:
#define NUMBER_OF_CAMPAIGNS            8        /* CHANGE TO MATCH THE TOTAL NUMBER OF CAMPAIGNS */

//First Maps of the Campaign
    Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[0], 32, "c1m1_hotel");
    Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[1], 32, "c7m1_docks");
    Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[2], 32, "c6m1_riverbank");
    Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[3], 32, "c2m1_highway");
    Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[4], 32, "c8m1_apartment");
    Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[5], 32, "c3m1_plankcountry");
    Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[6], 32, "c4m1_milltown_a");
    Format(g_strCampaignFirstMap[7], 32, "c5m1_waterfront");

//Last Maps of the Campaign
    Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[0], 32, "c1m4_atrium");
    Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[1], 32, "c7m3_port");
    Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[2], 32, "c6m3_port");
    Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[3], 32, "c2m5_concert");
    Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[4], 32, "c8m5_rooftop");
    Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[5], 32, "c3m4_plantation");
    Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[6], 32, "c4m5_milltown_escape");
    Format(g_strCampaignLastMap[7], 32, "c5m5_bridge");

//Campaign Names
    Format(g_strCampaignName[0], 32, "Dead Center");
    Format(g_strCampaignName[1], 32, "The Sacrifice");
    Format(g_strCampaignName[2], 32, "The Passing");
    Format(g_strCampaignName[3], 32, "Dark Carnival");
    Format(g_strCampaignName[4], 32, "No Mercy");
    Format(g_strCampaignName[5], 32, "Swamp Fever");
    Format(g_strCampaignName[6], 32, "Hard Rain");
    Format(g_strCampaignName[7], 32, "The Parish");
The first release didn't have this issue. Also have the latest release.
ShanXin
Old 06-06-2011 , 23:33   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #28

On v1.2, I set the cvar to 3, and every finale, the vote menu for the next campaign would pop up.
But now, I have the same cvars set, but it doesn't pop up, we need to manually type !mapvote, can you see what's wrong or fix it? :/

Cvars
PHP Code:
// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.3.7)
// ConVars for plugin "ACS v1.2.2.smx"

// The amount of times the survivors can fail a finale in Coop before it switches to the next campaign [0 = INFINITE FAILURES]
// -
// Default: "5"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
acs_max_coop_finale_failures "0"

// The time, in seconds, between advertisements for the next campaign/map on finales and scavenge maps
// -
// Default: "600.0"
// Minimum: "60.000000"
acs_next_map_ad_interval "600.0"

// Sets how the next campaign/map is advertised during a finale or scavenge map [0 = DISABLED, 1 = HINT TEXT, 2 = CHAT TEXT]
// -
// Default: "1"
// Maximum: "2.000000"
acs_next_map_ad_mode "1"

// Time, in seconds, to wait after survivors leave the start area to advertise voting as defined in acs_voting_ad_mode
//  * Note: If the server is up, changing this in the .cfg file takes two map changes before the change takes place *
// -
// Default: "1.0"
// Minimum: "0.100000"
acs_voting_ad_delay_time "2.0"

// Sets how to advertise voting at the start of the map [0 = DISABLED, 1 = HINT TEXT, 2 = CHAT TEXT, 3 = OPEN VOTE MENU]
//  * Note: This is only displayed once during a finale or scavenge map *
// -
// Maximum: "3.000000"
acs_voting_ad_mode "3"

// Determines if a sound plays when a new map is winning the vote [0 = DISABLED, 1 = ENABLED]
// -
// Maximum: "1.000000"
acs_voting_sound_enabled "1"

// Enables players to vote for the next map or campaign [0 = DISABLED, 1 = ENABLED]
// -
// Maximum: "1.000000"
acs_voting_system_enabled "1" 
ChrisP
Old 06-07-2011 , 04:38   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by xioSlayer View Post
does this allow you to switch to custom maps while playing?

I can switch to the default maps just fine already, but when i try to load a custom map, the loading screen is missing (pink and black texture), and it kicks everyone from the server.
ACS will switch when the finale is over, so that it doesn't interrupt the game play. It should allow you to switch to custom maps if placed in there properly, but read the two posts right above yours, Lömmels was having a similar problem. Try what I suggested there and let me know your results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
I have this on my server and whenever it gets to the end of the last campaign to switch back to the beginning of the rotation, the server crashes.
At first glance it looks like the code you posted there looks like you set up the map rotation correct there. I think I need more details about specifically how your server is set up, gamemode, dedicated or listen server, other plugins, etc. Also how is it crashing, has it crashed many times and on the same map only, and as many other details like that you can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodh View Post
"Sets how to advertise voting at the start of the map" is not working my window dedicated server

Until the last chapter, but nothing happen...

i want 3 = OPEN VOTE MENU but... nothing happen
Im not sure what you mean by this. You say its not working UNTIL the last chapter, but nothing happens...Is it is working on the last chapter then? During the last chapter is the only time that its supposed to pop up and players are able to vote. This is so that people are not annoyed by voting on a map during the whole campaign, but just the finale map. If its not popping up automatically at all, I need more details about your server and the problem. Please provide as many details as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanXin View Post
On v1.2, I set the cvar to 3, and every finale, the vote menu for the next campaign would pop up.
But now, I have the same cvars set, but it doesn't pop up, we need to manually type !mapvote, can you see what's wrong or fix it? :/
Just in case you might of missed it, I changed the way that ACS advertises itself in v1.2.2. No longer is it simply a fixed timer, but now it activates a timer when the survivors leave the start area. I did this so that people that load slow can have a chance to see the automatic advertisement, because people usually tend to wait for them to load. So, please keep this in mind. That being said, I just double checked this on my own versus dedicated server on c1m4_atrium and it worked correctly.

First thing I would do is check to see if the cvar is being set inside of the game console, and that the config file is indeed setting the cvar, i.e. acs_voting_ad_mode = "3". If this is the case, then once again, I must ask for more details about the situation. Is it working on some maps and not others, or simply none at all. What is the game mode, and everything else you can think of that you think might be useful.

Thanks guys, I hope we can get your problems solved
JackieChan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-07-2011 , 20:18   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
At first glance it looks like the code you posted there looks like you set up the map rotation correct there. I think I need more details about specifically how your server is set up, gamemode, dedicated or listen server, other plugins, etc. Also how is it crashing, has it crashed many times and on the same map only, and as many other details like that you can think of.
Server is a windows dedicated, 10v10 server. The server suffers from that typical unstableness of 10v10 crashing syndrome, but 100% of the time whenever The Parish ends and has to cycle back to Dead Center, it crashes. It cycles through all the other campaigns just fine.

Here are the plugins (removed official sourcemod plugins)
Code:
19:11:27 [SM] Listing 51 plugins:
           04 "AdminSentinel" (1.0.115) by <eVa>StrontiumDog 
           05 "Advertisements" (0.5.5) by Tsunami
           06 "AFK Manager" (3.2.9) by Rothgar
           18 "L4D2 Score/Team Manager" (1.2.9) by Downtown1 & AtomicStryker
           19 "Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS)" (v1.2.2) by Chris Pringle
           20 "Jesters Players Panel and Switch Menu" (1.2.0) by -=BwA=- Jester
           21 "[L4D2] Custom admin commands" (1.0.9) by honorcode23
           22 "L4D2 Finale Ghost Range Mod" (1.0.0) by AtomicStryker
           23 "L4D2 Gun Control" (1.1.2) by AtomicStryker
           24 "L4D2 Incapped Meds Munch" (1.1.8) by AtomicStryker
           26 "[L4D2] Upgrade Packs FIXES" (1.5) by V10
           27 "[L4D2] Weapon Unlock" (0.8.2) by Crimson_Fox
           28 "Zombie Character Select" (0.9.4) by XBetaAlpha
           29 "L4D1/2 Remove Lobby Reservation" (1.1.1) by Downtown1
           30 "[L4D(2)] AFK and Join Team Commands" (1.1) by MasterMe
           31 "L4D_Ghostpounce" (1.0.4) by  AtomicStryker
           32 "[L4D & L4D2] Hats" (1.4.2) by SilverShot
           33 "L4D Kick Load Stuckers" (1.0.6) by AtomicStryker
           34 "Custom Player Stats" (1.4B105) by Mikko Andersson (muukis)
           35 "L4D SuperVersus" (1.5.4) by DDRKhat
           36 "L4D Survivor AI Pounced Fix" (1.0.4) by  AtomicStryker 
           37 "L4D_Votekick" (1.0) by D1maxa
           39 "Anti-Micspam" (0.5) by FLOOR_MASTER and Bor3dGaming.com
           40 "No Mercy Elevator Fix" (1.0) by Mr. Zero
           42 "RCON Lock" (0.6.7) by devicenull
           44 "L4D Reserved spectator slots" (1.4(KrX)) by Olj, KrX
           45 "Round Start Bot Stop" (1.7) by EHG
           46 "Client Execute" (1.0.0.3) by dubbeh
           48 "Spray Tracer" (5.8) by Nican132, CptMoore, Lebson506th
           49 "Very Basic High Ping Kicker" (1.4) by msleeper
           50 "L4D Vote Manager 2" (1.5.7) by Madcap
metalist
Code:
19:17:37 Listing 8 plugins:
           [01] L4DToolZ (1.0.0.10RC3) by Ivailosp
           [02] SourceMod (1.4.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
           [03] Stripper (1.2.2) by BAILOPAN
           [04] DefibFix Extension (1.0.0.7) by V10
           [05] [L4D2] 8+ Players BugFixes (1.0.0.6) by V10
           [06] Left 4 Downtown 2 Extension (0.5.2.3) by Igor "Downtown1" Smirnov / Andrew "XBetaAlpha" Burrows / AtomicStryker / Michael "ProdigySim" Busby
           [07] SDK Tools (1.4.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
           [08] SDK Hooks (1.3.0) by Tsunami
edit*
Seemed to cycle through to the first campaign in the rotation fine. Maybe it was just a big coincidence.

Last edited by JackieChan; 06-07-2011 at 22:58.