Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How to take out No Round End

Post New Thread Reply   

sytremelaker
Old 02-06-2007 , 17:27   How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #1

I searched and I found out that there is a way to take out No Round-End on certain maps (de_, cs_, and as_) but Is there a way to take out No Round End for maps that don't have a certain objective but to kill the opposing force like scoutzknivez. Since the killing objective cannot be done in DM, I was wondering if there was a way to take it out or do I have to suggest that it be made as a plugin?

Last edited by sytremelaker; 02-07-2007 at 02:43. Reason: Incorrect Question
Send a message via AIM to sytremelaker
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-07-2007 , 03:33   Re: How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #2

Sorry - my English seems to be not so good to understand what You mean. Can You rephrase - You want the round will never end on scoutzknivez or You want to prevent it (You want the round will end normally)?
sytremelaker
Old 02-07-2007 , 05:00   Re: How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #3

I want to end the round. But, normally, maps like scoutzknivez don't end until one team is victorous and that is impossible in CSDM, thus making never ending rounds.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-07-2007 , 08:18   Re: How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #4

OK - probably I don't have right now any solution for You, but - just wondering - what do You need it for? CSDM playing basically has nothing with team winning (to finish the round). Most frequently the people are playing CSDM with removed bomb/hostage resque zones and the rounds ARE neverending, so I'm abit suprprised You don't like it so. What should happen then in CSDM when the round time gets expired?
sytremelaker
Old 02-07-2007 , 12:23   Re: How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #5

Well, on one of the maps my server has, scoutzknivez, I run a different kind of CSDM ( a combonation or CSDM w/o Equip Menu and Weapon Storage plugin by kinsprite2 - http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=382389)

In his plugin, I'm allowed to set up weapon spawns (like fy_iceworld) around the map. The problem is, although I can put up multiple guns in the same spawn, it will ultimately run out of guns in that spawn at some time.

But, if the round restarts, then the weapons will return to their original spawn (like new round in fy_iceworld).

CSDM has never ending rounds for maps like scoutzknivez and the fy_ and aim_ maps. In that case, the weapon spawns will never respawn, which will end up with 10 minutes to go on the map and everyone if forced to used a scout and a knife.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-08-2007 , 02:40   Re: How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #6

Suggestion - instead using that extra plugin to let You have guns on the ground, just remove that plugin and ... turn-on item-mode for CSDM. All You need is define Your-self what kind of weapons and equipement will be available on the ground. To do this You will use my item editor (included in CSDM 2.1f beta). Item mode works so - after You grab some weapon from the ground, after few seconds the new gun in the same place respawns. So if You have got out of ammo in Your clip You can drop the weapon (it will be removed) and You can grab the new one from the floor. If item mode is enabled there is no gun menu displayed in CSDM beta. You cannot enable it if You don't have the entities file defined (I mean if You don't have file containing all weapons and equipement for Your particular map) - so You need to use item editor first or find somewhere the entities file for Your map (done by someone else).
sytremelaker
Old 02-08-2007 , 19:51   Re: How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #7

Okay, Ill try it out when I can, but by the looks of it, it already looks good. I have some minor questions about it:

1) Will I be able to choose where the weapons spawn easily? kinsprite2's plugin allowed me to get in my server, open up a menu with a command and manually walk around the map choosing where to place a weapon.

2) Let me get this straight, does your CSDM2.1f Item Mode allow me to space one weapon down and once that wepon is taken, a new weapon of the same type will respawn in its place?
I had problems with kinsprite2's plugin because I had to place multiple weapons in quanities of hundreds just to make it so the weapons do not run out of supply for my players. This caused lag every once in a while due to the massive weapons storages.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-09-2007 , 02:54   Re: How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytremelaker
1) Will I be able to choose where the weapons spawn easily? kinsprite2's plugin allowed me to get in my server, open up a menu with a command and manually walk around the map choosing where to place a weapon.
Yes. Just open CSDM menu (You can find it at the last page of amxmodmenu), then find the item "Item Editor".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytremelaker
2) Let me get this straight, does your CSDM2.1f Item Mode allow me to space one weapon down and once that wepon is taken, a new weapon of the same type will respawn in its place?
It doesn't happen immediately (right after You pickup the weapon), but just after few seconds.
You can change that time in the section of csdm.cfg [items].
Quote:
Originally Posted by csdm.cfg
;Sets the time to wait for an item to reappear on its place. Default is 20 (0 = permanent)
item_time = 20
BTW - item mode is not mine. Faluco was working on it, but the basic idea has been taken from Bailopan's CSDM 1.70.3xx. I just added item editor to it, to let You easy add items for the map.
sytremelaker
Old 02-10-2007 , 15:12   Re: How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #9

Will I have to save the itemn spawns in addons/amxmodx/configs/maps?

So, I would just put in the maps folder "scoutzknivez.cfg" and then edit the map manually?
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-10-2007 , 15:34   Re: How to take out No Round End
Reply With Quote #10

Instead asking all the time how does it work, just use some effort and try it out a bit.
BTW - the config is written automatically when You add at least one entity for the map. And it's stored in the right place CSDM needs it. Don't worry too much.