Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Possibilities to display our own countdown timer

Post New Thread Reply   

shubhishubhi
Old 09-30-2008 , 03:14   [TF2] Possibilities to display our own countdown timer
Reply With Quote #1

I want to display my own countdown timer to all players when they are ingame.

The following are the possiblities for this-
1. Display the reducing timer value in player chat messages at frequent intervals
2. Display the timer as center text at less frequent (compared to chat) intervals

Are there more options like displaying my own countdown clock or something which could override the countdown clock that is displayed by the game itself.

Ideas are welcome...
SAMURAI16
BANNED
Old 09-30-2008 , 06:59   Re: [TF2] Possibilities to display our own countdown timer
Reply With Quote #2

using print chat / center functions will flood server
If in TF2 you can draw hudmessages, it's good to use it in this case

example, but using PrintToChatAll() (not recommended)
Code:
new countdown = 30; public func() {     CreateTimer(1.0,func_display_countdown,_,TIMER_REPEAT | TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE); } public Action:func_display_countdown(Handle:timer) {     if(countdown >= 0)         PrintToChatAll("%d",countdown);         else return Plugin_Stop;         countdown--;         return Plugin_Continue; }
Send a message via MSN to SAMURAI16
shubhishubhi
Old 09-30-2008 , 07:27   Re: [TF2] Possibilities to display our own countdown timer
Reply With Quote #3

Yes... just realized that I can also use PrintHintTextToAll()
Antithasys
Old 10-02-2008 , 01:15   Re: [TF2] Possibilities to display our own countdown timer
Reply With Quote #4

I have been actually working on a plugin to track the round timers, and team switched "events", used in TF2.

I have been having difficulty with the team switch events, but think I got it worked out.

I am almost done, but the code is so extensive that I will really only be able to provide it as a include file. It should really be done as an extension, but since I am not a C++ guru, the plugin will have to do.

While this will not compile easily with the web based compiler, it, in the end, will actually provide you with an accurate(within 1 second) round timer in tf2, and accurately give you a bool for the team switched "events".