Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

News Update

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 11-20-2007 , 19:34   News Update

Unfortunately there are still around 2-3 bugs we're trying to squash for a stable release, so the current "Release Candidate" status will most likely continue for another two weeks or so.

The first news update is that Nican has ported his wonderful API reference tool to our site, and he has integrated its comment system with forum accounts.

Likewise, we've revised our documentation layout to be easier for developers to navigate. That comes with two new articles, Introduction to SourcePawn and Introduction to SourceMod Plugins, both targeted to newcomers.

The last news bit is that we caved in -- Valve refused to fix the TF2 menu bug, so SourceMod now works around it.

Americans, enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday!

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 11-20-2007 at 19:39.
Nican
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2007 , 20:50   Re: News Update

Yay! I did something important!

Anyway, I find your "Instructions" manuals very complete, but not very practical
I find much easier to learn from reading examples, showing where goes where, then just giving that bunch of data
Send a message via ICQ to Nican Send a message via MSN to Nican
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-20-2007 , 21:12   Re: News Update

Personally I'm a "read someone else's code then check the docs" type too. But not everyone is, finally we have a wider range of documentation.

Oh, btw some other minor stuff:
  • CloneArray(), FindStringInArray(), FindValueInArray(), SortADTArray(), SortADTArrayCustom() natives have been added in the past month.
  • MapChooser should now obeys round limits.
  • I fixed override permissions in basechat. As a result I removed sm_psay_mode. Use overrides on "sm_psay" instead.
bunch of other junk
Old 11-20-2007 , 22:16   Re: News Update

Indeed, my writing is sucky and I don't think something so sparse will be entirely useful for people with no programming experience. It's more targeted at people moving from other languages who want a syntax overview.
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-25-2007 , 21:29   Re: News Update

bloody Valve... they can go suck a fat one. Why dont they make a decent peice of software with no bugs for once?

Call themselves professionals... pfft. They remind me of EA and BF2.
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-25-2007 , 23:13   Re: News Update

Most of the links in the Intro to SM Plugins wiki that linked to Nican's reference page were incorrect so I went ahead and fixed them. There was one that I changed, but I'm not sure if I linked it to the correct page or not (under Decleration, the Click Here link).
Closed Thread