Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.14 dated 18Oct2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

nostalgia
Old 12-18-2020 , 21:18  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeR14 View Post
You're welcome. Next time, provide more information (logs) before you complain.
Regardless, I wouldn't mess up with plugins that contain deprecated dependencies like TF2ItemsInfo.
literally this is the reason why i want someone to make a yt tutorial

it doesnt have to be edited or anything i just wanna know what im doing wrong

Could someone send me a screenshot of this working please

her is free 2tf stufff!!!!!1111111
there no vius, clic here for free link code to gt free bornig tem captoin!!11111111

freetf2crapnovirusipromise.tf

=

Last edited by asherkin; 12-20-2020 at 11:19.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2020 , 00:28   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
i just wanna know what im doing wrong
I'm willing to bet you aren't running a dedicated TF2 server.

With that being said you can try running the updated version in the original post and let me know if it works for you. I removed the requirement for TF2ItemsInfo in this version. You'll still need TF2Attributes.

Last edited by PC Gamer; 12-19-2020 at 01:29.
nostalgia
Old 12-19-2020 , 13:12  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc gamer View Post
i'm willing to bet you aren't running a dedicated tf2 server.

With that being said you can try running the updated version in the original post and let me know if it works for you. I removed the requirement for tf2itemsinfo in this version. You'll still need tf2attributes.
theres still stock

IT WORKED!!

well

i would say THANK YOU SO MUCH but i give you a 40% since i figured out the other mods and stuff on my own since im not that stupid

eitherways thank you

but still i want to request one thing

fix bots with killstreak weapons please.. it just doesnt work

also PC Gamer, if you could make it so when bots have australiums its always strange or when they have a strange count on a weapon the weapon quality is strange

i know it may be a little too much to ask, but its a suggestion

Really tho, you should fix it, every item quality is always stock which is kind of annoying

And make it so we can edit it, because exporting it does nothing

here are some stuff that i think should be added:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

australium weapons should always be strange like you did with botkillers

the quality glitch should be fixed, since, yes it does make it strange, the item will be white, just like the stock quality

http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php this version does not work on the compiler meaning we cant edit it, so you should probably fix it, or give me a link where it works

bots with australiums shouldnt be able to have unusual effects (although this could probably be a toggable command)

you should make it so weapons that have a archivement item attribute into some of the weapons (lugermorph, iron curtain, etc.)

and thats it

(and yes. i am aware this is a long list and some of these suggestions may take a lot of time to put it, but its just a suggestion, if you could put some of these in, thanks!)

What i really only want is to be able to edit the mod and have australiums always be strange and the quality glitch fixed

i hope at least one can be fixed

there no vius, clic here for free link code to gt free bornig tem captoin!!11111111

=

Last edited by asherkin; 12-20-2020 at 11:25.
RevilleAJ
Old 12-19-2020 , 20:02   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.1 dated 19Dec2020)
Reply With Quote #14

Great addon, seems to work very well. Although, I've encountered one minor issue: the bots are able to use all non-melee weapons in Medieval mode (whether it be set by the map or player). They also ignore any commands that force them to use melee weapons (I'm using RCBot but I'm sure the same thing applies to regular TFBots.)
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2020 , 00:56   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.1 dated 19Dec2020)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevilleAJ View Post
Great addon, seems to work very well. Although, I've encountered one minor issue: the bots are able to use all non-melee weapons in Medieval mode (whether it be set by the map or player). They also ignore any commands that force them to use melee weapons (I'm using RCBot but I'm sure the same thing applies to regular TFBots.)
Good idea. I normally just automatically unload the plugin on medieval maps. However, I agree that it makes more sense to have the plugin check for game mode and only give melee weapons while in medieval mode. I'll update the original post to include that feature.

Edit: Done!

Last edited by PC Gamer; 12-20-2020 at 01:10.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2020 , 02:07   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.1 dated 19Dec2020)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
this version does not work on the compiler meaning we cant edit it, so you should probably fix it, or give me a link where it works
This plugin requires TF2Attributes in order to compile. There is no problem compiling the plugin. If you want to edit plugins you'll have to take the time to learn how to compile plugins. Asking me to change my plugin won't change the fact that you haven't learned how to compile plugins. Also remember that Sourcemod is designed to work on a dedicated server. There is no reason to compile a plugin on the internet if you have local access to a dedicated server.

You seemed to be having great difficulty getting TF2ItemsInfo to run. I realize that it isn't easy so I removed the TF2ItemsInfo features from the plugin. Now you are able to run the plugin. I am happy for you.

Now that you have a functioning plugin you are complaining that some of the features previously provided by TF2ItemsInfo aren't implemented. Those were removed to allow people to run it without TF2ItemsInfo. I am looking at alternative ways to implement some of the removed features, but it will take some time. Some of the features you requested simply don't interest me and likely won't be included.

So, it seems to me that you now have a decision to make. Will you: a. Do nothing and continue complaining about all the work other people are doing for you., or b. Take the time to learn SourceMod to edit/compile plugins the way you want on your dedicated TF2 server.
nostalgia
Old 12-20-2020 , 02:24  
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
This plugin requires TF2Attributes in order to compile. There is no problem compiling the plugin. If you want to edit plugins you'll have to take the time to learn how to compile plugins. Asking me to change my plugin won't change the fact that you haven't learned how to compile plugins. Also remember that Sourcemod is designed to work on a dedicated server. There is no reason to compile a plugin on the internet if you have local access to a dedicated server.

You seemed to be having great difficulty getting TF2ItemsInfo to run. I realize that it isn't easy so I removed the TF2ItemsInfo features from the plugin. Now you are able to run the plugin. I am happy for you.

Now that you have a functioning plugin you are complaining that some of the features previously provided by TF2ItemsInfo aren't implemented. Those were removed to allow people to run it without TF2ItemsInfo. I am looking at alternative ways to implement some of the removed features, but it will take some time. Some of the features you requested simply don't interest me and likely won't be included.

So, it seems to me that you now have a decision to make. Will you: a. Do nothing and continue complaining about all the work other people are doing for you., or b. Take the time to learn SourceMod to edit/compile plugins the way you want on your dedicated TF2 server.
for the normal version of this plugin (aka give bots weapons) i could edit it 100% fine and compile it with http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php however, with this version, it does not work, so thats really what i was asking

sorry if i sounded rude, sometimes i ask for too much, and plus

i am really stupid with coding sometimes, so im sorry

Now really all I want to do is to change the bots killstreak weapon chance and make bots with australiums always be strange, I know you already told me you are not interested on it, but I am, so thats why I asked, I do have experience with coding, however it's not a lot, But I do know SOMETHING at least, and yes I'm once again very sorry for being that stupid, but we all make mistakes right? So no matter how hard it is to change or modify that plugin, I'm determined to do it, and I won't give up.

did you use the code for the bot randomizer plugin vid you did on this plugin?

=

Last edited by asherkin; 12-20-2020 at 11:22.
RevilleAJ
Old 12-20-2020 , 10:32   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.1 dated 19Dec2020)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
for the normal version of this plugin (aka give bots weapons) i could edit it 100% fine and compile it with http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php however, with this version, it does not work, so thats really what i was asking

sorry if i sounded rude, sometimes i ask for too much, and plus

i am really stupid with coding sometimes, so im sorry
Don't use the website's compiler. It doesn't have tf2attributes.inc and therefore will always error out. Instead, use spcompile in tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting. You'll need the tf2attributes.inc file from https://github.com/FlaminSarge/tf2attributes and put it in the include folder in tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting (you may also want the .sp, which you'll need to put in the scripting folder.) You can follow the instructions at https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Compiling_SourceMod_Plugins to use spcomp. Make sure the name of the .sp file in command prompt matches the actual GiveBotsMoreWeapons .sp file.
nostalgia
Old 12-20-2020 , 16:54  
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevilleAJ View Post
Don't use the website's compiler. It doesn't have tf2attributes.inc and therefore will always error out. Instead, use spcompile in tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting. You'll need the tf2attributes.inc file from https://github.com/FlaminSarge/tf2attributes and put it in the include folder in tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting (you may also want the .sp, which you'll need to put in the scripting folder.) You can follow the instructions at https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Compiling_SourceMod_Plugins to use spcomp. Make sure the name of the .sp file in command prompt matches the actual GiveBotsMoreWeapons .sp file.
allas it worked

i love it, i dont know if this was intentional but australium weapons are kind of fixed, since they have the little color in the name, instead of the white one of every single weapon expect war painted ones and unusuals, but i still like it

maybe in the future every item will have its own little item name color just like the ones in game, so like every strange weapon will have the orange name and stuff, but, i'll be waiting meanwhile

Here's what i mean if its too confusing:

heres a demostration of a normal weapon that a bot recieves (if its not war painted)

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...722&height=406

heres one with an australium:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...722&height=406

which i really like that it has the actual strange color, but.... only problem is

it isnt strange

in your bot weapon randomizer vid, you showed the bots with items that had the right title quality, however on these, yes it does have the correct quality, it does not change the color. i dont know if this is some tough work, but its again just a suggestion, anyways. get back to me as soon as you can. thanks

=

Last edited by asherkin; 12-24-2020 at 15:04.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2020 , 02:37   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.3 dated 21Dec2020)
Reply With Quote #20

Plugin updated to version 1.3 which updated weapon quality colors since somebody seems to be obsessing over it.