Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

KreedZ (KZ): Spawns Fix

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   HamletEagle (36)
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-13-2018 , 07:39   KreedZ (KZ): Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #1

KreedZ (KZ): Spawns Fix 1.0.0

- Description -
This plugin makes sure that every player can spawn properly in case there aren't enough spawn points on the map and/or spawn points are located too close to each other. Originally, if it happens that a player spawns on a point that's occupied by another player (up to 64 units away to be exact), the player occupying that space will get killed. This plugin gets rid of that behavior.
I tried other plugins found on this forum that have the same/similar purpose, but all of them failed to properly do this and I always had players complain that there weren't enough spawn points available.

- Features -
  • Removes all terrorist spawn points.
  • Allows up to 32 players to spawn even if there's only 1 spawn point on the map.
  • Spawns players randomly at any of existing spawn points.

- Requirements -
  • Server running KreedZ or other similar mod that has Semiclip and doesn't need Terrorist spawns.
  • Latest version of AMX Mod X 1.8.3 development branch.
  • Latest version of Orpheu to compile and run the plugin.
  • Valve's Counter-Strike gamedll - it won't work on ReGameDLL_CS! (will probably work if you use only ReHLDS)

- Installation -
  • Install Orpheu and put Orpheu's include files (found under addons/amxmodx/scripting/include in the Orpheu archive) in your compiler's include folder.
  • Download kz_spawns_fix.sma attached below (or find it in the attached archive under addons/amxmodx/scripting) and compile it using the latest 1.8.3-dev compiler with Orpheu include files added.
  • Extract the attached arhive in your cstrike directory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kz_spawns_fix.zip (1.8 KB, 634 views)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (kz_spawns_fix.sma - 1627 views - 1.5 KB)

Last edited by klippy; 01-14-2018 at 14:33.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-13-2018 , 08:38   Re: KreedZ: Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #2

Looks good at a quick look.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-13-2018 at 08:38.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-13-2018 , 09:16   Re: KreedZ: Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Looks good at a quick look.
Old 01-13-2018 , 13:09   Re: KreedZ: Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #4

Nice Plugin can this be used in any Mod ? i mean nothing need to be changed in code ?
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-13-2018 , 13:15   Re: KreedZ: Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #5

It will only work for mods that don't have a terrorist team and have semiclip enabled. The plugin was imagined to only be ran on KreedZ, but I can remove the first requirement. However I'm not going to try and make it work without Semiclip as that could complicate the code as it's not too simple of a task and the result may not always be perfect depending on the map.

Last edited by klippy; 01-13-2018 at 13:17.
Hey
Old 01-13-2018 , 19:44   Re: KreedZ: Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #6

oh i was hoping that it can support normal cs mod because in that case other mods would be supported too, and i can't lie having this work without sempiclip would be very good thing to have in a plugin but like you said it would get just harder and complicated, could i suggest that you add sempiclip support in the plugin and enable it on a player that got re-spawned for certain amount of time wouldn't that solve the issue ?, anyway it's a nice plugin thanks for sharing it with us
WhiteFang1319
Old 01-14-2018 , 01:28   Re: KreedZ: Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #7

Can you make it without Orpheu for ReHLDS for any mod? Please.
HamletEagle
Old 01-14-2018 , 14:02   Re: KreedZ: Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang1319 View Post
Can you make it without Orpheu for ReHLDS for any mod? Please.
Quote:
(will probably work if you use only ReHLDS)
He stated that most likely it will work in rehlds. RegameDLL is the issue.
Old 01-14-2018 , 14:26   Re: KreedZ: Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #9

If you guys need it for any other mod there are other solutions. They didn't work for me personally as on KreedZ it wouldn't matter if 2 or more players would get spawned in the same spot and some plugins just didn't work at all for whatever reason (be it semiclip or something else). After trying multiple plugins I decided to write a final working version specially for KreedZ. This plugin is small, simple and efficient at what it does.
I don't intend to drop Orpheu as a dependency, it's there to stay because it's the most elegant possible solution to this. If you run ReGameDLL_CS on your server then I'm sorry, but I'm not required to support it and I don't have a server running ReGameDLL_CS or ReAPI to test it while developing it. If someone is willing to provide a server then I may do it.

Other solutions:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248415
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=114857

Last edited by klippy; 01-14-2018 at 14:31.
HamletEagle
Old 01-14-2018 , 14:32   Re: KreedZ: Spawns Fix
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
If you guys need it for any other mod there are other solutions. They didn't work for me personally as on KreedZ it wouldn't matter if 2 or more players would get spawned in the same spot and some plugins just didn't work at all for whatever reason (be it semiclip or something else). After trying multiple plugins I decided to write a final working version specially for KreedZ. This plugin is small, simple and efficient at what it does.
I don't intend to drop Orpheu as a dependency, it's there to stay because it's the most elegant possible solution to this. If you run ReGameDLL_CS on your server then I'm sorry, but I'm not required to support it and I don't have a server running ReGameDLL_CS or ReAPI to test it while developing it. If someone is willing to provide a server then I may do it.

Other solutions:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248415
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=114857

But, but ... it's a hack module