Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Changes the color of any SI every time spawns with a different color
    Old 06-01-2022 , 23:05   [L4D/L4D2] Random SI Color
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:
    Changes the color of any SI every time spawns with a different color between two maximum and minimum intensity values customizable for each SI

Requirements:
    If you want the plugin works AS CLIENT for vainilla smoker, charger, boomer, and hunter, you need this workshop mod:
    Special Allow Coloring

Many custom mods are supported without changing anything, but if not, to make it work, you need to do this change, by opening the mod file (vpk file on addons folder) with an hexadecimal editor and change all
    $allowdiffusemodulation 0
    With
    $allowdiffusemodulation 1
    Make a backup copy, just in case, and see if the model stills looks good.

This is NOT possible with the vainilla Witch and Bride Witch, because she has a special texture that for some reason makes it shiny silver. But it is possible with other custom witches, try for yourself

NOTES:
    - I plan to later add more cvars so that we can also randomize into customizable color tone ranges, instead of just general color intensity range.

- If you want to disable the plugin for a specific SI, set both max and min values to 255 255

- The default values are well calibrated so that the color is not excesivelly intense and can look somewhat realistic.

- Thanks to Alexmy for the initial idea and plugin, only for the Tank. I extended it to various SI as a fork within the thread, but now that I've learned how to do cvars and much more, I've updated it to the new syntax and now it is a configurable plugin, and changes can be applied at any time.

CVARS:
    Spoiler

Spoiler
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_Random Color SI.sp - 310 views - 7.4 KB)

Last edited by Toranks; 06-02-2022 at 01:23.
    Arthedains
    Old 09-09-2022 , 20:29   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Random SI Color
    Reply With Quote #2

I'm impressed in what you managed to accomplish. Do you plan to combine your code with the super infected plugin? It might prove useful since the super infected plugin doesn't turn all special infected colorful to make them stand out more. Most of them only get half-transparent or have a chance to catch fire when they spawn. It could also be a performance boost since it'd require fewer special infected overall.

[L4D & L4D2] Super Infected
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=129639