3% 

Some weird bugs/issues - Paid

Post New Thread Reply   

nerdy97
Old 10-18-2016 , 05:12   Some weird bugs/issues - Paid
Reply With Quote #1

*ALL BUGS FIXED*

Hey,

I currently have some weird issues with my server that I can't seem to point out which plugin is causing it. I have tried unloading several plugins and looking through console logs to isolate the problem.

*FIXED* Not happening anymore.
1. Sometimes players upon joining cannot type in chat and are muted (silenced). I feel like this may be because of traces of the sourcecomms plugin that I used to use, but has been removed ages ago. Other players cannot see their chat. This seems to happen less now.

*FIXED* My TF2 Client had muted those players. Nothing to do with the server.
2. Specific players chat cannot be seen by only me, including players with permissions and some with no access. I have root access and I still can't see them. I've tried demoting myself to no access, rejoined server, restarted server, still can't see that specific person's chat.

*FIXED* This was due to the smac_wallhack plugin. Solution was to install https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=247891
3. If a player walks into another player on both same or enemy team while taunting, the taunt is cancelled and they appear invisible for a short amount of time to other players. Many people have noticed about the 'invisibility" that occurs when a player is either taunting, or in third person mode. While the player is in third person, when they turn their backs to their backs to the opposit team, they disappear.

*FIXED* See below
4. I have a player that has been banned back when I used to have sourcebans installed, and after I have removed it since I no longer use it as I use SQL bans instead, they cannot be unbanned. I have tried unbanning them through console, SM, banning then unbanning again, removed from banned_users, temp removed all IP bans, removed all traces of sourcebans from my server files as I've seen in other threads with similar problem.

I have a feeling the bugs above are most likely related to certain plugins installed or conflicting plugins. But I do not wish to disclose my server plugins list publicly if possible.

I am willing to pay someone through Paypal or TF2 keys to spend and dedicate time privately solving these problems. So feel free to add me, or please also comment below if you have any ideas of how to fix these.

Last edited by nerdy97; 10-22-2016 at 02:04.
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2016 , 13:14   Re: Some weird bugs/issues - Paid
Reply With Quote #2

I've added you to Steam.
dubbeh
Old 10-18-2016 , 13:53   Re: Some weird bugs/issues - Paid
Reply With Quote #3

Hey,

Things I can recommend trying out:

1. Validate the game cache with SteamCMD
2. Check the database with HeidiSQL for example and look for entries you don't want (Make sure to do this when the game server and web server is down though - so the server won't overwrite the potential changes).
3. Type "sm plugins list" to make sure all plugins are completley gone and not loading.

No idea if them things will help, but no harm giving it a try.
Old 10-20-2016 , 20:15   Re: Some weird bugs/issues - Paid
Reply With Quote #4

Hey dubbeh, thanks for the help. I have managed to fix the ban issue, but unsure how I did it. Still looking into the other problems.
Old 10-22-2016 , 02:05   Re: Some weird bugs/issues - Paid
Reply With Quote #5

All bugs have been fixed thanks to the help of Snaggle and my community staff team. Solutions can be found on the main post. Thanks!

*CLOSED*