8% 

[L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)

Post New Thread Reply   

Dayto123
Old 07-25-2010 , 14:41   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by water_cat1 View Post
thanks for the model list! I used a list on the l4d wiki, but it was for the prop_dynamic_create command, so i had to remove that and also add a "models/" before the object path.

If someone can see a model and someone else cant, it is most likely the latter does not have addon support, if noone sees the object, then it has an typo in the path or does not exist.

I'm going to continue with modifying the menu, adding interesting objects i find, and remove extremely useless objects (like those pipes I have seen). what i mainly want is more glass panes
lol u should realy jst get the build enabler plugin than u can just copy and paste those prop dynamics rite into the admin menu
Searcher64
Old 07-25-2010 , 18:33   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #122

Here's an excerpt of my modified one

Code:
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_interiors/bbq_grill.mdl 1", "BBQ Grill");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_interiors/bench01a.mdl 1", "Bench");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_misc/military_sign01.mdl", "Military Sign");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_misc/military_sign01_2.mdl", "Military Sign RA");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_misc/military_sign02.mdl", "Military Sign KHAH");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_misc/military_sign02_2.mdl", "Military Sign No Entry");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props/cs_militia/mailbox01.mdl", "Mail Box");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_windows/window_industrial.mdl", "Window");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_windows/window_urban_apt.mdl", "Window 1");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_windows/window_urban_sash_48_88_full.mdl", "Window 2");
water_cat1
Old 07-26-2010 , 02:21   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayto123 View Post
lol u should realy jst get the build enabler plugin than u can just copy and paste those prop dynamics rite into the admin menu
well i do actually have that plugin. but only the admins know about that, and anyone who has the bindings. But with this plugin i can spawn glass that is normally breakable, but for some reason because of the way this plugin spawns it, it is unbreakable. And I am sure that that list did not have everything, and the file is more convenient for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
Here's an excerpt of my modified one

Code:
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_interiors/bbq_grill.mdl 1", "BBQ Grill");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_interiors/bench01a.mdl 1", "Bench");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_misc/military_sign01.mdl", "Military Sign");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_misc/military_sign01_2.mdl", "Military Sign RA");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_misc/military_sign02.mdl", "Military Sign KHAH");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_misc/military_sign02_2.mdl", "Military Sign No Entry");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props/cs_militia/mailbox01.mdl", "Mail Box");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_windows/window_industrial.mdl", "Window");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_windows/window_urban_apt.mdl", "Window 1");
    AddMenuItem(menu, "spawnitem d a models/props_windows/window_urban_sash_48_88_full.mdl", "Window 2");
Thanks, i will try them out at a later time. life has gotten a bit busy lately, and after that will have a new game that i dont know how addicting it will be.
nIkbot
Old 09-03-2010 , 20:02   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #124

Grand, just waiting on verticle rotate and +/- height.

Last edited by nIkbot; 09-13-2010 at 00:55.
wonder1555
Old 10-30-2010 , 14:09   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #125

I have a question as i have been looking for an answer. Can u create props that give off light. so i can brighten a very dark room that my flashlight does not help with?
Herokim
Old 11-14-2010 , 11:42   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #126

I'd like to save objects which I spawn. I made a very fun house, which took me an hour, I don't want results of my building go nowhere. Any possibility I can save objects for e.g with stripper?
The Fub4r
Old 11-15-2010 , 11:28   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #127

I hope you make adding lights and changing height!
If you will make it i give this plugin a chance!

Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2010 , 13:05   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herokim View Post
I'd like to save objects which I spawn. I made a very fun house, which took me an hour, I don't want results of my building go nowhere. Any possibility I can save objects for e.g with stripper?
There IS a way, actually it is a very old plugin from last year or even 2008, I donīt know, but it is working. It saves everything you created in a txt file, containing xyz coordinates, angle, modelname.

What to do:
1. create an empty file "map.txt" in this sourcemod directory: data/maps/*.*.
2. load the "saveit" plugin and join the game.
3. spawn 1 item, aim with the crosshair at it and type "!save".
You can now open the file in an editor and see the new item. The file structure is made in a format that does not work for stripper. There is another plugin, called mapchanges that works with this txt file. A buddy and me changed some lines in saveit.sp and called it "mapchanges". It can read mapname based .txt files that you create with "saveit" plugin.

After you finished saving all items for 1 map, copy the contents to a new file, named "mapname.txt", where "mapname" is your current mapname. Delete all contents of "map.txt" to make it ready for usage on next map. Using "!delete" removes an item from the txt file.

Itīs some work, I know, but once you went through the process for 1 map you get used to it. This does NOT work for usable items, like medkits, pills... We only use these 2 plugins for static objects, like crates, cars, stairs, railings, dumpsters... This is the content of the txt file I use for NoMercy c8m3:
PHP Code:
"Vault"
{

"Furn"

{

"1"        "14071 8084 -255 models/props_fortifications/sandbags_corner2.mdl 360 304 0"
        "2"        "13232 12029 15 models/props_vehicles/bus01.mdl 360 225 0"
        "3"        "13114 12401 8 models/props_street/police_barricade2.mdl 360 195 0"
        "4"        "13100 12288 8 models/props_street/police_barricade2.mdl 360 135 0"
        "5"        "12620 12408 65 models/props_fortifications/sandbags_line2.mdl 360 0 0"
        "6"        "12608 12202 64 models/props_fortifications/sandbags_corner3.mdl 360 136 0"
        "7"        "13895 11911 86 models/props_vehicles/tanker001a.mdl 360 0 0"

}

You can use coordinates, angle, modelname for stripper map files of course.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (saveit.sp - 745 views - 8.5 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Mapchanges.sp - 651 views - 4.5 KB)

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 11-16-2010 at 06:20.
bowbra100
Old 11-28-2010 , 16:52   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #129

help for some reason i can't even spawn the minigun or the iron door and it says created iron and door succseefully but doesn't spawn. Says the same thing with minigun please help please
JayXsane
Old 12-26-2010 , 15:02   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner
Reply With Quote #130

So could someone explain how this would work? Is this just an ADMIN thing or can anyone use it when it's turned on? Also, is it wrapped around the sv? (Much like this plugin here)
What I'm asking is:
Does it use the sv convar's or does it have a wraparound for that so people can build in say, Survival, and still get the time?
Is this plugin only for admins or can an admin turn it on midgame, then regular people can say like... !fortbuild and get a list of items to build with (people without admin powers/pubs)?
Send a message via Skype™ to JayXsane