Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Survivors help themselves from incapacitation, ledge grabs, and special infected attacks.
    Old 10-25-2011 , 04:53   [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #1

This is a complete overhaul of the Self Revive plugin. It causes grabbed and incapacitated survivors to automatically help themselves after an optional period of time has passed. Special infected attacks will be broken and downed players will get up off the ground or pull themselves up from ledges. Unlike Self Revive, AutoHelp does not require the player to press any buttons.

AutoHelp respects the cvar survivor_max_incapacitated_count, the default of which is 2. You can raise this number to increase the amount of times survivors can be incapped before they suffer death.

Installation
    Place .smx files in the sourcemod/plugins directory, .txt files into the sourcemod/gamedata folder. Original documents with the .sp extension can be edited in notepad++ and stored in sourcemod/scripting for compiling.

Cvars
    autohelp_bots "1", "Allow AutoHelp for survivor bots? 0:No, 1:Yes"
    autohelp_incap "1", "Allow AutoHelp for incapacitation? 0:No, 1:Yes"
    autohelp_incap_delay "3", "AutoHelp delay for incapacitation"
    autohelp_incap_duration "5", "AutoHelp duration for incapacitation (setting higher than 5 will disable animation)"
    autohelp_incap_health "30", "Health buffer after AutoHelp from incapacitation"
    autohelp_ledge "1", "Allow AutoHelp for ledge grabs? 0:No, 1:Yes"
    autohelp_ledge_delay "3", "AutoHelp delay for ledge grabs"
    autohelp_ledge_duration "4", "AutoHelp duration for ledge grabs (setting lower than 4 will cause animation issues, higher than 5 will disable the animation)"
    autohelp_specials "1", "Allow AutoHelp for special infected holds?, 0:No, 1:Yes"
    autohelp_specials_delay "3", "AutoHelp delay for special infected holds"
    autohelp_specials_duration "5", "AutoHelp duration for special infected holds"
    autohelp_specials_smoker_drag "10", "Maximum time a survivor can be dragged before AutoHelp kicks in"

Recommended additional plugins
    • No Death Check Until Dead: Prevents mission loss until all survivors are completely dead
    • Less Than 4 Dead: Allows dynamic changes to the number of survivors from 1 to 4 based on settings and how many players are connected

To do list
    • Add toggle for various game modes (Versus, Survival, etc.)

Known issues
    • The health buffer (red life bar) after AutoHelp from incapacitation does not always match the value set in autohelp_incap_health. I'm not sure why, but the amount restored seems to depend on the way in which a person is incapped.

Update history
    • 1.2.2 - Fixed to prevent stack trace log errors
    • 1.2.1 - Code cleanup
    • 1.2 - Fix: AutoHelp failing to kick in when survivors stuck during tongue drag, added convar autohelp_specials_smoker_drag
    • 1.1.1 - Fix: AutoHelp from ledge grabs not always working
    • 1.1 - Fix: Melee weapons lost on AutoHelp from incap
    • 1.0 - Initial release
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (cge_l4d2_autohelp.sp - 11530 views - 25.3 KB)
    File Type: txt cge_l4d2_autohelp.txt (536 Bytes, 5989 views)

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 12-19-2013 at 00:32.
    runkeballe
    Old 10-25-2011 , 06:27   Re: [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #2

this plugin would have been better than the older version if it wasnt for one thing...you loose your melee weapon after selfrevive ending up with a pistol and that s***s!...so i'll stick to the older version ;)
    chinagreenelvis
    Old 10-25-2011 , 07:38   Re: [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #3

Update: Version 1.1 - Fixed a problem with melee weapons being lost after AutoHelp from incapacitation. The fix includes an additional workaround to prevent the incapacitation count from being reset.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_2_autohelp.sp - 2358 views - 22.8 KB)
    Mr. Man
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-26-2011 , 01:33   Re: [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #4

Reporting potential bugs and suggestions:

1. Sometimes, despite me having changed the config variables, the person reviving him/herself doesn't get the HP boos that I set.

2. Ledge reviving is still not working for me (tested on Dead Center's hotel map where I incapped myself on the ledge) in that I try to revive myself but either get stuck at the edge after revives, or fall to my death.

Suggestion:

1. I hope you will bring back the notifications ("Hold DUCK to revive yourself") so I don't have to spam people in the chat.

Also, are you interested on taking another project (creating a game mode/map changer?)
    chinagreenelvis
    Old 10-26-2011 , 03:35   Re: [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Sometimes, despite me having changed the config variables, the person reviving him/herself doesn't get the HP boos that I set.
    See "known issues" in the original post.

Quote:
    Ledge reviving is still not working for me (tested on Dead Center's hotel map where I incapped myself on the ledge) in that I try to revive myself but either get stuck at the edge after revives, or fall to my death.
    I only tested ledge grabs on the No Mercy apartment map. I'll check out Dead Center and try to figure out where the problem lies. I might have to revert to using the "give health" trick to fix it like I did with the incapped melee weapons.

Quote:
    I hope you will bring back the notifications ("Hold DUCK to revive yourself") so I don't have to spam people in the chat.
    AutoHelp is fully automatic now. You don't need to press any buttons for it to work. I changed that specifically for this very problem. Newbs might get a little confused as to what's going on, but at least they won't just lie on the ground waiting to be rescued.

Quote:
    Also, are you interested on taking another project (creating a game mode/map changer?)
    Eh, probably not. I'll be extremely happy when this one no longer needs updating/fixing... I hate writing code, haha.

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 10-26-2011 at 04:00.
    Mr. Man
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-26-2011 , 03:48   Re: [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chinagreenelvis View Post
    See "known issues" in the original post.

I only tested ledge grabs on the No Mercy apartment map. I'll check out Dead Center and try to figure out where the problem lies. I might have to revert to using the "give_health" trick to fix it like I did with the incapped melee weapons.

AutoHelp is fully automatic now. You don't need to press any buttons for it to work. I changed that specifically for this very problem. Newbs might get a little confused as to what's going on, but at least they won't just lie on the ground waiting to be rescued.

Eh, probably not. I'll be extremely happy when this one no longer needs updating/fixing... I hate writing code, haha.
    Oh that makes me sad But anyways, I tested the ledge incap on a couple of different maps and on different game modes (survival, realism, etc) and it seems to be bugged most fo the time.

And I didn't know that it's automatic, I was still mashing CTRL like a boss xD
    chinagreenelvis
    Old 10-26-2011 , 03:52   Re: [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #7

Yeah, my pinky finger was starting to get really tired with the old version. I figured if I was going to hold the button anyway I may as well just let the plugin do the work and save a finger! That and the fact that some people don't read the MOTD or the pop up hints.

I think I may have just fixed the ledge grab issue.

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 10-26-2011 at 03:59.
    chinagreenelvis
    Old 10-26-2011 , 03:56   Re: [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #8

Update: Version 1.1.1 - Fix for problems with AutoHelp from ledge grabs not working in some areas. Includes a workaround to the "give health" trick to prevent incapacitation counts from being reset.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_2_autohelp.sp - 1749 views - 23.0 KB)
    Mr. Man
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-26-2011 , 14:22   Re: [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chinagreenelvis View Post
    Update: Version 1.1.1 - Fix for problems with AutoHelp from ledge grabs not working in some areas. Includes a workaround to the "give health" trick to prevent incapacitation counts from being reset.
    Did you also check whether it works under different game modes or is that irrelevant?
    chinagreenelvis
    Old 10-27-2011 , 04:33   Re: [L4D2] AutoHelp
    Reply With Quote #10

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. If it's working in co-op, it should also work in other modes.