Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands       
pandabot
Old 06-04-2020 , 23:23   8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #1

8 Days Later is a CS 1.6 zombie mod built off of Zombie Swarm version 2.4, it's a human vs. zombies deathmatch with no time limit. This is a simple mod, I wasn't happy with the feature creep in other zombie mods with crazy stuff like zombie classes and frost grenades so I made my own. Unlike Zombie Swarm 3.1 where everything is pitch black so only the zombies can see with their nightvision, 8 Days Later balances the game by giving the zombies increased speed and more health/armor. The best part of this mod is that you can play it on any map and choose either side to be zombies or human.

There are also other configuration options for turning zombie nightvision off or changing its color to be green or red. You can also turn on spooky ambient sounds and/or turn on nightmode with thunder and lightning effects (like in the original Zombie Swarm mod) to give maps a new feel. Here is the full config file:

Code:
; ZOMBIE_MOD_ENABLED
; 0 turns the mod off, 1 turns the mod on
; 1 is default

; TERRORISTS_ARE_ZOMBIES
; 0 makes the counter-terrorists be zombies, 1 makes the terrorists be zombies
; 1 is default

; ZOMBIE_HEALTH
; amount of zombie health, should be much lower than armor to encourage aiming for the head
; 1000 is default

; ZOMBIE_ARMOR
; amount of zombie armor, should be much higher than health to encourage aiming for the head
; 4000 is default

; ZOMBIE_SPEED
; how fast the zombies can move
; 400 is default

; ZOMBIE_NIGHTVISION
; 0 turns nightvision off, 1 is red tinted, 2 is the standard green nightvision
; 0 is default

; ZOMBIE_DISPLAY_HEALTH_AND_ARMOR
; 0 doesn't display anything, 1 displays health and armor in the lower left hand corner of screen
; 0 is default

; NIGHT_MODE
; 0 is regular map lighting, 1 darkens the light, 2 darkens the light with thunder and lightning effects
; 0 is default

; NIGHT_MODE_DARKNESS_LEVEL
; values are 1-5 where 1 is the brightest level and 5 is pitch black
; 3 is default

; WEATHER_MODE
; 0 is regular map weather, 1 is rain, 2 is snow
; 0 is default

; SPOOKY_AMBIENT_SOUNDS
; adds spooky wind "whoosh"-ing ambient sounds
; 0 is default

; HUMAN_HEAD_DAMAGE_FOR_WONKY_CAMERA
; the amount of damage a human has to take in the head for the camera angle to get messed up
; 55 is default

; ZOMBIE_HEAD_DAMAGE_FOR_WONKY_CAMERA
; the amount of damage a zombie has to take in the head for the camera angle to get messed up
; 150 is default

[MAIN_CONFIG]
ZOMBIE_MOD_ENABLED = 1
TERRORISTS_ARE_ZOMBIES = 1
ZOMBIE_HEALTH = 1000
ZOMBIE_ARMOR = 4000
ZOMBIE_SPEED = 400
ZOMBIE_NIGHTVISION = 0
ZOMBIE_DISPLAY_HEALTH_AND_ARMOR = 0
NIGHT_MODE = 0
NIGHT_MODE_DARKNESS_LEVEL = 3
WEATHER_MODE = 0
SPOOKY_AMBIENT_SOUNDS = 0
HUMAN_HEAD_DAMAGE_FOR_WONKY_CAMERA = 55
ZOMBIE_HEAD_DAMAGE_FOR_WONKY_CAMERA = 150
There also two console commands, zombieModEnable [0 or 1] and zombieTs [0 or 1]. You can use these console commands to turn off the mod or make the zombies be on the other team. This will apply the changes and reset the match so you don't have to shut down the server, make a change to the config file, and start the server back up again.

donations: https://paypal.me/benjohnson2001
Attached Files
File Type: zip eightDaysLater.zip (848.0 KB, 563 views)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (eightDaysLater.sma - 723 views - 30.1 KB)

Last edited by pandabot; 06-17-2020 at 02:43.
alferd
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2020 , 03:17   Re: 8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #2

good, If you add at least the zombie class menu and extra item, it will be much better
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2020 , 12:20   Re: 8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferd View Post
good, If you add at least the zombie class menu and extra item, it will be much better
He literally said he was not happy with this. I also agree, all those extra classes and stuff make the classic zombie infection annoying.

@OP:
This reminds me of the classic Mysticdeath infection and 28 weeks later. Solid stuff.
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2020 , 03:33   Re: 8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #4

Useless why creating something was already been made even better which is the zombie plague mod v5.0 instead you can create some additions to the mod.
@VIP System 100% done !

Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
pandabot
Old 06-06-2020 , 11:36   Re: 8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsheh View Post
Useless why creating something was already been made even better which is the zombie plague mod v5.0 instead you can create some additions to the mod.
This hasn't been made already, the closest is Zombie Swarm but it has a number of problems. For example you can't have the terrorists be humans, it has an annoying human pain sound, it's pitch black so you can't see anything, and on my machine the terrorist bots don't turn into zombies. If this mod existed already I wouldn't have had to create it.

I don't like Zombie Plague v5.0, the whole thing turns into something like Fortnite where the humans are magical wizards shooting blue forcefields completely ruining the post-apocalyptic zombie aesthetic.
Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2020 , 13:47   Re: 8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #6

so far you make nothing but no sense zombie plague v5.0 is highly flexible and you can customize any sound or model you want, it even has an amazing API and configuration system.
@VIP System 100% done !

Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
pandabot
Old 06-06-2020 , 14:25   Re: 8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #7

In maps like cs_assault and cs_militia it makes more sense for the zombies to be attacking the building, so having the counter-terrorists be zombies is a nice feature. Can Zombie Plague do that? The whole thing seemed way too complicated with crazy wizard magic nonsense and a million features I didn't want so I didn't go into too much depth with it.

It was quicker to make this mod than it would be to customize Zombie Plague v5.0 to be like this, I'd have to remove 95% of it and I bet some stuff like zombie classes is hardcoded into it as well. Can you prove me wrong and share configs that make Zombie Plague equivalent to this mod? I don't think you can. If you like Zombie Plague then just play that one. I don't like it, it's not for me
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2020 , 16:54   Re: 8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsheh View Post
so far you make nothing but no sense zombie plague v5.0 is highly flexible and you can customize any sound or model you want, it even has an amazing API and configuration system.
You clearly don't understand the purpose of the plugin.
It's simple without the excessive crap. There are players who enjoy this over the Zombie Plague garbage.
Old 07-12-2020 , 16:48   Re: 8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #9

I recommend using this mod with the big_city2 map where you can run over the zombies with different cars and trucks, it's lots of fun. Also use this mod for more blood
Elrond
Old 08-02-2020 , 14:50   Re: 8 Days Later CS 1.6 Zombie Mod
Reply With Quote #10

Hi,I need help! Mod's not working!