Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[HL2DM] Customguns

Post New Thread Reply   

TheLaser
Old 01-28-2016 , 19:23   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #11

_pHabb ,
In answer to your question no it would not this mod was game specific it would need a major rewrite to work on other games .
I may be wrong but knowing Alienmario he pretty much only mods for his friends HL2DM Coop server and is very good at what he does .

Last edited by TheLaser; 01-28-2016 at 19:24.
TheLaser
Old 01-29-2016 , 13:34   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #12

Ok so i managed to get the minigun working without barrel sound but it works ...
tried everything to get the mototov to leave my hand and nope so gave that up but also have a working Annabel
have the model working for the Gauss but no Laser beam effect and doubt anyone will help me on this and it obviously would need a sm plugin for it to do that and im not any good at coding but im still a happy camper

Last edited by TheLaser; 01-29-2016 at 13:34.
Alienmario
Old 01-29-2016 , 17:12   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #13

Just tested the molotov again, and it worked. There was a faulty model path in earlier version if I remember corectly, which prevented the model from working.
Also great to hear you got the annabelle set up. I might give the Gauss a try sometime later just for the fun of it..
TheLaser
Old 01-29-2016 , 20:09   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #14

Alienmario,

Well I did use the updated one , and also just reloaded it all again and no toss , model is fine and all my guns work even got the mini working great , I take it you tested this on a coop server , might be some small difference , also loaded the bugbait and same issue see the model in my hand but no toss fires with the mouse buttons .

P.S. sure hope you share the laser effect for the Gauss with me . as i said this is for my WCSTDM server not Coop

have a awesome weekend
TheLaser
Old 01-30-2016 , 09:15   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #15

Alienmario,

Maybe its an offset issue ? I run windows , have you tested the toss on that ass well or just Linux
TheLaser
Old 02-02-2016 , 18:00   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #16

Oh well guess we will never know why nothing will toss , has anyone used this mod in HL2DM not Coop ?
Really like this mod BTW and its fun having some new weapons to play with sad part is though some of the sci-phy guns like the Gauss / Tao and Ion or the flaregun are not easy to make work without more plugins that no one will share ...
I have to thank you Mario for sharing this mod .
I have a few errors I need to post and the models are only seen without errors if I use an alternative downloader .

Update ,

Tossing the Molotov is now working with remove of hands in menu and with the last fix downloader appears to work without errors ... thank you Mario
good work !!!

Last edited by TheLaser; 02-11-2016 at 09:11.
Alienmario
Old 02-07-2016 , 20:46   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #17

Hi laser,
It's definitely an issue on your side. I tested it on brand new linux server and it did toss (my main test server is win). However, there seemed to be some incompatibility with the custom folder on linux. If you still have some files under custom, move that to the main/root game directory (!).

I have been able to recreate the Gauss effects in sourcepawn, however some weird problems popped up which I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can help with.

First thing, calling SDKHooks' Takedamage on a breakable prop during CBaseWeapon::ItemPostFrame hook will somehow surpress all of the breakprop's gib effects, so it looks like the prop disappears. Almost as if something was adding DMG_NEVERGIB to the damageType. I've tried to call ClearMultiDamage first, but with no results. I have to do some ugly tricks using entities to do damage to props, which still doesn't work perfectly some times.

DispatchTraceAttack would have been better solution, unfurtunately it's not provided by sm. Afaik I can't call it myself due to first parameter being the object of CTakeDamageInfo. Really wish someone would correct me on this .

Secondly, lots of the sdk functions (like UTIL_ImpactTrace) take the trace_t object as parameter. Again, I don't think I can get the address of SM's internal pointer to the trace object, but would be great to have as a feature. If someone knows how to recreate and pass a trace object, let me know

I'm still able to finish the weapon, however it's not going to be sdk-perfect
TheLaser
Old 02-08-2016 , 09:34   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #18

Alienmario,

As for the gibs I use a gibs mod v952 made for me and works well on explosives and shotgun so dont care about the Gauss doing that , I do have some effects on kills working on it as well as the ioncannon but no laser output like you have on BB ... what my big problem seems to be getting sounds to fire on that "games_sounds_weapons_custom" no matter how i configure them I get nothing only the Oicw , Annabelle minigun using the oicw sounds but no others will fire for me , confused on this . maybe you can send me a working script for how you set it up .. also if you want to see what i have done so far add me in game and ill give you the server password if you have time .

thanks
TheLaser
Old 02-12-2016 , 19:26   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #19

Well so far this mod works pretty dam good ,

Ok after messing around a bit I found out how critical it is to have the correct format in both weaponData and game_sounds_weapons , if one setup in game_sounds_weapons is bad it seems to effect the ones listed after .. configuration of this is not easy but if you understand the tables in time you can get it working.
Anyway I love this mod and all the great work you do brother ... thanks

Last edited by TheLaser; 02-22-2016 at 14:25.
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-14-2016 , 17:59   Re: [HL2DM] Customguns
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienmario View Post
Just tested the molotov again, and it worked. There was a faulty model path in earlier version if I remember corectly, which prevented the model from working.
Also great to hear you got the annabelle set up. I might give the Gauss a try sometime later just for the fun of it..
I have assets for a gauss gun, but I'm still trying to figure out how I'd recreate the behavior.

Let me know if you want to have what I've put together so far. I've even got effects for the gauss beam, and sound effects.

Also, here's some C++ code for the Gauss Gun someone made, useful for reference: https://github.com/Sub-Zero1324/HL2-...apon_gauss.cpp

Last edited by StrikerMan780; 04-14-2016 at 18:20.