Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group

Post New Thread Reply   

Blackglade
Old 01-22-2013 , 23:17   [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #1

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Blackglade and i run a steam group called Rated Awesome. For those of you who don't know us (and i imagine no one does cause we are small), we host a bunch of trade servers (2 to be exact) and are planning to consider opening more servers (3 more to be exact) to better serve our community. Anyway lots of our admins constantly give me great feedback on how I can improve my community and such. Now i love the fact that they give great feedback, but the simple reality is that i have no means of learning how to program in sourcepawn or any other language with the limited time i have maintaining and managing my community. I would love to answer each admins request but it eventually becomes overwhelming.

Now to the main point of this long post, I'm looking for a programmer. Not really a programmer that will do a job and then simply move on. I am actually looking for a group programmer who will be capable to help and stick with our group. I am basically in a sense looking for someone who is willing to program for our ONLY group and help us resolve issues with current plugins as well as take in feedback of new plugin ideas from players and admins and then work on those ideas to further make them become a reality and expand the community. I in a sense want a technical advisor for our community that can program and take feedback from users. I want a person who will help our community and support it so that we can even become bigger.

As far as pay or money is concerned, I'm not looking someone who will charge outrageous prices to program for us (anything above 30 is considered big). And im certainly not looking for someone who will ask for money every time he/she makes a plugin for us and hold us accountable to pay him/her for every plugin. If you kinda get my point, I'm looking for someone who will help our community and support it rather than try to get every penny they can out of us. Don't worry we will eventually pay you for all your hard work but we certainly don't like people being all greedy about it.

Must know how to program 1 or more OR be willing to learn:

PHP
C# or C++ or C
Sourcepawn (Obviously)
HTML/CSS (Not really a language but ehh)

Now if you are still reading, im assuming your are a tiny bit interested. Your job will basically consist of being given assignments and projects. We can ask you to do anything related with refining other plugins to fit our needs or custom coding plugins involving the interaction between our website (runs vBulletin) and our servers or working on our website making modules and other features. It can involve anything related to making steam bots or new donator features on our servers incorporating TF2items extension.

Anyway if there is any one out there interested in taking up such a position up, all our links are below if you wanna check em out. Sorry if this thing seems repetitive or lengthy, I was just trying to get my point across. Anyway thanks for reading it and have a nice day!!!

Links:
Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rated-a
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blackglade

Last edited by Blackglade; 01-23-2013 at 10:11.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-23-2013 , 00:58   Re: [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #2

30$ / hour , or 30$ / project

Last edited by Skyy; 01-23-2013 at 01:04.
Skippy
Old 01-23-2013 , 08:09   Re: [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
30$ / hour , or 30$ / project
He is pretty much offering $30 for you to make any plugins he wants.
Blackglade
Old 01-23-2013 , 08:53   Re: [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #4

Honestly, not really looking for someone who is charging per project, but thank you for the clarification.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 01-23-2013 , 08:57   Re: [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #5

He basically wants someone to join his group. Unfortunately, most people here already run their own communities or have ties with other groups.
Old 01-23-2013 , 09:34   Re: [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #6

Would be great to atlast have some examples of what the job MAY include.
Old 01-23-2013 , 09:43   Re: [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks Priceless, i noticed on a LOT of these requests of donator plugins and such that NO ONE includes what they need or specifies the exact job which is why i made sure to put it in and yeah McKay it is sort of unfortunate
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 01-23-2013 , 10:09   Re: [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #8

You didn't really provide any examples though.

While I understand the desire to keep your ideas private (people who straight-up copy another community are incredibly rude), detail will help you gain interest.
Old 01-23-2013 , 10:12   Re: [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
You didn't really provide any examples though.

While I understand the desire to keep your ideas private (people who straight-up copy another community are incredibly rude), detail will help you gain interest.
I added a little bit of detail, but id rather not go any further into it
PriceLess
Old 01-23-2013 , 10:47   Re: [REQ][$$$] Programmer for Gaming Group
Reply With Quote #10

Well I dont take any job where I have no clue what to expect.