About string question

Post New Thread Reply   

yl2401
Old 08-10-2015 , 11:09   Re: About string question
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
No
I would like to read the file in reverse order. How can I do?
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-10-2015 , 12:43   Re: About string question
Reply With Quote #32

Please explain what information you want to gather based on these surveys. Do not try to explain from a code or technical perspective. Example "I want to know the most recent item a player voted" or "I want to know how many voted for A"
Old 08-12-2015 , 10:36   Re: About string question
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Please explain what information you want to gather based on these surveys. Do not try to explain from a code or technical perspective. Example "I want to know the most recent item a player voted" or "I want to know how many voted for A"
I will create a .ini data file. I want to read a file in reverse order.
As the latest data is at the end of the file, so I can read the data by time.
In addition to avoid reading excess data because I set sz_data[33][32]. <<only 32!

Last edited by yl2401; 08-12-2015 at 10:41.
Black Rose
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2015 , 10:52   Re: About string question
Reply With Quote #34

No. He's asking what the goal is with the plugin. Summarize your whole script in words, not code.
He wants to help you change it so it works, is easier, more efficient and probably more modular.
We already know the limitations of a string, don't worry about that.

Here is an example:
"I want to have 12 questions with 3 answers and save the saved results in a file. It can then be read to be displayed which option got the most votes."
Here is another example:
"I want a variable amount of questions with a variable amount of answers. The results will be saved and then I will be able to bring up statistics and percentages for the different questions, answers and trends. Therefor I also need the date saved and whatever........"

The more info you provide, the more we will be able to help. At this point we can't do anything because we can't understand anything. Are the questions hardcoded or are they supplied with some kind of .ini? Is this a plugin only you will use or is it something that may be used by others? What are the questions about? And so on, you get the point.

Last edited by Black Rose; 08-12-2015 at 10:55.
yl2401
Old 08-12-2015 , 19:26   Re: About string question
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
No. He's asking what the goal is with the plugin. Summarize your whole script in words, not code.
He wants to help you change it so it works, is easier, more efficient and probably more modular.
We already know the limitations of a string, don't worry about that.

Here is an example:
"I want to have 12 questions with 3 answers and save the saved results in a file. It can then be read to be displayed which option got the most votes."
Here is another example:
"I want a variable amount of questions with a variable amount of answers. The results will be saved and then I will be able to bring up statistics and percentages for the different questions, answers and trends. Therefor I also need the date saved and whatever........"

The more info you provide, the more we will be able to help. At this point we can't do anything because we can't understand anything. Are the questions hardcoded or are they supplied with some kind of .ini? Is this a plugin only you will use or is it something that may be used by others? What are the questions about? And so on, you get the point.
I want to have 6 surveys and save the saved results in a file. Each survey has 12 questions with 3 answers. I want to save the saved results in a file, not MySQL or nVault. Because it is easy to understand when the data is saving in a file. It can then be read to be displayed which option got the most votes to make a statistic. I want to make 2 statistics. One is statistic with all, the other one is statistic with the lastest 50 players. In addition, I want to make a menu to display the latest 50 players to choose which option. Thank you very much!

Last edited by yl2401; 08-12-2015 at 19:30.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-12-2015 , 19:48   Re: About string question
Reply With Quote #36

This would actually be easiest with SQL. Don't be concerned about that, the data can be outputted into a text file or html in the format that you want for viewing.
Old 08-12-2015 , 20:55   Re: About string question
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
This would actually be easiest with SQL. Don't be concerned about that, the data can be outputted into a text file or html in the format that you want for viewing.

Okey, Regardless of the storage method to use. In short, I want it to run the fastest and consumes minimal resources.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-14-2015 , 19:09   Re: About string question
Reply With Quote #38

Give me an example of how to display the questions/answers. Use sample questions and answers that you actually plan to use.

Should these questions and answers be hard-coded, loaded into the database, or come from a text file. I need to know how long the longest question will be, same for answers.

Last edited by Bugsy; 08-14-2015 at 20:41.