Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2009 , 22:39   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #11

yeah... ur prolly right... good point... but my point about accessing manus in combat stands.. lol...jk... dont mind me... i think it is the gin...lmao!!
Old 07-09-2009 , 22:52   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXDee View Post
If possible, can you add a sourcemod menu where a player can control building using a menu (!buildmenu), so instead of having to bind build 3 to build a second sentry, then having glitchy destruction of buildings, it could have a create and destroy button for each item?
It already has this (if you use the sm_remote command and sm_remote_always_builds is turned on), except it adds each building type to the menu, (for building another one) and has a destroy building option that shows the list of already constructed buildings to pick from and then destroy's the one selected.

You can also use the sm_build command to bring up the build menu without having to remote control the resulting building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXDee View Post
Each building would need to be identified somehow, so possibly have their visible names set to "Sentry Gun 1"?
The destruct menu includes the entity ID of each building in the menu (thre is no good way of determining what order the buildings were build in, so any other numbering would be arbitrary and the numbers might change each time you build or destroy another building [or one gets killed]).

Last edited by naris; 07-09-2009 at 23:06.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2009 , 23:11   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda View Post
Edit: do you know if this version lags less than old version? i've been having massive lag spikes, and unloading old one seemed to solve it.
I would think it has less lag than the old version, we don't have any issues with it (or lag problems) that I know of. I never tried the old one in a production server.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2009 , 02:26   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #14

I'll try it out and get back to you on it.
Old 07-10-2009 , 02:42   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #15

Holy, that's alot of great features, awesome natives aswell
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2009 , 11:38   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
1. no matter which build and/or remote control command i use i always get a sentry (i.e. i execute sm_remote_disp and i still build a sentry, or go back to controlling the first sentry i built). This happens for all buildables... all sentries no matter what... :/
I have fixed this bug and updated the first post.
MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-10-2009 , 19:20   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #17

I dunno about you guys but the

sm_remote_instant

cvar doesnt work for me. It always spawns a fresh workable sentry even if this cvar is set to 0. The sentry will also have 0 ammo.

Trying the new one that was posted today at 10 am central time, same problem.
But I see you implemented a remote menu. It still spawns whatever you select though, regardless of sm_remote_instant and regardless of the build limits.

But the (new?) menu that pops up when you have lots of stuff built that asks you what you want to remote control?... Well thats just...

Awesome.

Last edited by MrSaturn; 07-10-2009 at 20:06.
SonicXVe
Old 07-12-2009 , 13:40   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #18

Hello, I seem to be having an issue with this plugin...
Changing the buildlimit cvars doesnt affect the build limit, its one of each building, unless i use remote to create another sentry, then i can have two sentries.
I've tried 1.2.1 and 1.3 for this, dedicated and listen servers, all on windows and the results are the same. I have all the appropriate flags for immunity even and it doesn't change anything. There are absolutely no errors, except for on the listen server, if those are important ill set it back up and post them...

Am I doing something wrong?

(I've also tried DJ Tsunami's plugin and it has the same results, and if its relevant to anything the Melee Only plugin wont strip weapons, but thats not as important)

The remote features are really nice though.
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2009 , 16:12   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #19

well yeah, no matter what you do you can't regularly build another sentry, you have to use the plugin to do it.
Old 07-12-2009 , 18:51   Re: [TF2] Remote Control/Build/Limit buildings plugin
Reply With Quote #20

I've tried the plugin's way, ive used build, sm_build, sm_build (0-4), sm_build_sentry (or other assorted building)

if thats true i could just be having a problem with the sm_build_(building) commands because they dont seem to do anything