Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.

Post New Thread Reply   

Kigen
BANNED
Old 03-20-2010 , 17:19   The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #1

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've thought about this long and hard. At first the "LUA Source Scripting" plugin which was developed for clients to code LUA scripts and execute them on their clients appeared pretty innocent at first. However, as time progressed and I've watched their community it appears more and more that they are developing the client side plugin for cheating and exploit purposes rather than any other reason. So I have come to the decision that the "LUA Source Scripting" plugin will be classified as a cheat in the up-coming next update for KAC. KAC will be issuing permanent bans for the use of "LUA Source Scripting".

I would advise anyone who may be using the "LUA Source Scripting" plugin to stop using it immediately and to tell their friends to stop using it immediately. It is painfully apparent that the people that make up the majority of the "LUA Source Scripting" community seek to cheat and destroy the Source engine rather than any thing else.

Regards,
- Kigen
exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-20-2010 , 17:57   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #2

Maybe just kick them? If player has LUA installed it doesn't mean cheating.

For developers: Colors library
Send a message via ICQ to exvel
Kigen
BANNED
Old 03-20-2010 , 18:03   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #3

Naw. The next version of "LUA Source Scripting" is promising to be full of ways to exploit the Source engine. This was obviously designed on purpose to do this and it was the intent of the creators for this plugin to be used to cheat and exploit on the Source engine, just not directly to avoid getting VAC banned.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-20-2010 , 18:29   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #4

As long as it's changeable (ban vs. kick) via a cfg, I don't think there's an issue either way. I would personally ban them.
bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-21-2010 , 00:44   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #5

I don't think its done via a cfg psychonic, but you can easily modify the source of the plugin and recompile it... changing the words ACTION_BAN to ACTION_KICK for that specific command

I must say... I haven't really properly looked through the "completed scripts" list, but having a quick look shows many scripts to hack servers rcon passwords using mani/eventscripts or other exploits to crash them. I think this is a good move on Kigens part.

Last edited by bobbobagan; 03-21-2010 at 00:49.
Send a message via Skype™ to bobbobagan
Kigen
BANNED
Old 03-21-2010 , 00:54   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #6

There has been a change to kac_addcvar so that you should be able to use it to modify existing CVar checks.
NoS
Old 03-22-2010 , 10:10   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #7

I personally agree, I don't see any positive ways to use LUA scripts. All the ones I have seen are used in a malicious way.
Nowayz
Old 03-23-2010 , 17:39   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #8

I guess I'll just have to change the openscript ConCommand to exec, that way you'll have to ban everybody to get rid of LSS.
I'll have to remove openscript_version completely.

Permanent bans for something that may or may not be used maliciously is over the top.
I personally don't advocate cyber server terrorism, but I can't just let you ruin my fun.

Last edited by Nowayz; 03-23-2010 at 17:43.
Kigen
BANNED
Old 03-23-2010 , 19:52   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #9

Stop advocating server exploitation and cheating and you won't have a problem. Your forums are filled with people who wish nothing better than to crash and exploit servers. That is why I've made the determination to classify LSS as a cheat.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-23-2010 , 20:35   Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayz View Post
I guess I'll just have to change the openscript ConCommand to exec, that way you'll have to ban everybody to get rid of LSS.
I'll have to remove openscript_version completely.

Permanent bans for something that may or may not be used maliciously is over the top.
I personally don't advocate cyber server terrorism, but I can't just let you ruin my fun.
There's the old nickname Now to see if you're still DDoSing people

--REDACTED--

You were saying you don't advocate Cyber terrorism? Right... and I'm the king of England.

Last edited by psychonic; 03-23-2010 at 21:43. Reason: Please don't link to exploits