Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Tutorial] How to make CS 1.6 / CZ Maps Easy.

Post New Thread Reply   

One
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2011 , 16:46   Re: [Tutorial] How to make CS 1.6 / CZ Maps Easy.
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibu View Post
kom stim du bob.

De:
unterwegs
En :
on highway =))))
Zero Posts
Old 04-19-2011 , 01:11   Re: [Tutorial] How to make CS 1.6 / CZ Maps Easy.
Reply With Quote #62

Hi all, i'm the creator of worldcraft online,

and first i would like to thank TheSpirit for the little ads and ConnorMcLeod for give me a link to this topic.

So, after 7 pages of blablalba, the only real interesting post was this one :

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonbullet View Post
IMO, this can't be compared to Hammer. This is a completely different tool, it's web based, designed for specific map types, and can't handle all Hammer flexibility and complexity.

I got a few suggestions, I don't if they're really helpful or hard to be implemented, maybe you could pick some.
  • Making objects selectable in 3d view would avoid having to move them before select; this could also be helped by adding options to group, lock or hide objects
  • Add alt-drag or shitf-drag (hammer) support to duplicate objects easily
  • There should be a way to change walls height after they're placed on the map
  • How do I change ladders or stairs height? If that's not possible, it's missing; if it's possible it's not clear enough
  • You should add more options to configure map lights
  • Must support ramps - height must be configured by user
  • You could have an easier way to select objects, like keeping the most used visible (like a ordinary toolbar). Also it would be useful to drag objects into the map.
  • I can see it being useful for building soccerjam maps; you'd need to support this plugin few special entities.
  • You're probably converting it to a .map format in order to compile; it would be nice if you added an option to export to .map file for those who wish to continue editing in hammer.
  • You're using hammer logo and hl/cs/cz textures. If your site grow up you might run into copyright issues. You should try to work that out sooner.
    You should give some attention to the site design too! Hire a designer, call a friend, pick a template, whatever.
Quote:
Making objects selectable in 3d view would avoid having to move them before select; this could also be helped by adding options to group, lock or hide objects
ive already think about move stuff in the 3D view, but i don't have the time to really create it, and i'm not really good for develop in webgl for now.
Quote:
Add alt-drag or shitf-drag (hammer) support to duplicate objects easily
I've never seen this option before, i like the "copy paste" i guess that it the same for the other users ...
Quote:
There should be a way to change walls height after they're placed on the map
I know, but i'm lazy for develop :s
Quote:
How do I change ladders or stairs height? If that's not possible, it's missing; if it's possible it's not clear enough
I know that it's missing, but i'v develop this editor base on "stair" height, soo, one size of lader should be "enough"
Quote:
You should add more options to configure map lights
i don't think that the light is the more important stuff in a "basic map" soo don't let choice to user permit to keep a simple and bugless script
Quote:
Must support ramps - height must be configured by user
ramps ?? the stuff for the surf map ?? the size is small, so a little useless i think (even if it could be fun for the users...)
Quote:
You could have an easier way to select objects, like keeping the most used visible (like a ordinary toolbar). Also it would be useful to drag objects into the map.
once i've do a survey and the users have ask for more object and not this option ... (sooo i let it for the futur, if i want to develop more ...)
Quote:
I can see it being useful for building soccerjam maps; you'd need to support this plugin few special entities.
i've never play to soccerjam stuff before, this kind of map is not enough play for create a editor just for them ...
Quote:
You're probably converting it to a .map format in order to compile; it would be nice if you added an option to export to .map file for those who wish to continue editing in hammer.
Done (when you download the bsp, you can also dl the .map file)
Quote:
You're using hammer logo and hl/cs/cz textures. If your site grow up you might run into copyright issues. You should try to work that out sooner.
You should give some attention to the site design too! Hire a designer, call a friend, pick a template, whatever.
I know that i use ONLY the texture of HL /CS it's cause i use the .wad file include in the game, if i want to keep a simple program, i've to use the texture include in the game (no wad include in the .bsp (size >), no wad to dowload)

And for the design i know, but i'm a coder, not a designer, i don't know what design i can use for keep a "simple" main page ... so i'm still with this ugly one (but really understandable)

Thanks

Last edited by Gordon.F 69; 04-19-2011 at 01:21.
.Dare Devil.
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2011 , 10:15   Re: [Tutorial] How to make CS 1.6 / CZ Maps Easy.
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
that's what i meant.for you matsi, for Dare Devil, for Xpaw or maybe for many users here is hammer editor easier but this makes this project not so badly as you posted.
and please dont forget we are talking here about " http://www.worldcraft-online.com/ " and not Valve hammer editor.

so please post what you think about this project.
I was thinking may by someone like wco editor better and he are easy to use this
TheSpirit
BANNED
Old 04-26-2011 , 14:34   Re: [Tutorial] How to make CS 1.6 / CZ Maps Easy.
Reply With Quote #64

Sticky this?
matsi
Thinkosaur
Old 04-26-2011 , 15:56   Re: [Tutorial] How to make CS 1.6 / CZ Maps Easy.
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpirit View Post
Sticky this?
And this deserves sticky................

Why?
TheSpirit
BANNED
Old 04-26-2011 , 16:53   Re: [Tutorial] How to make CS 1.6 / CZ Maps Easy.
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsi View Post
And this deserves sticky................

Why?

So people could see it and use it?
Karlitaki
Old 04-27-2011 , 08:25   Re: [Tutorial] How to make CS 1.6 / CZ Maps Easy.
Reply With Quote #67

good tutorial

my 1st map xD

ganja_fight.7z

Last edited by Karlitaki; 04-28-2011 at 20:57.
TheSpirit
BANNED
Old 05-02-2011 , 21:11   Re: [Tutorial] How to make CS 1.6 / CZ Maps Easy.
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitaki View Post
good tutorial

my 1st map xD