Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Values compared to ZM

Post New Thread Reply   

anonpiss
Old 07-03-2010 , 05:06   Values compared to ZM
Reply With Quote #1

I am finally doing the switch from ZM to ZR.
As I am configuring the zombie classes, I noticed that the values are very different.

For example, using the value "400" for speed in ZR is different from ZM.
Is there any commands or methods which can show what is the exact number so that I can replicate the same speed, jump distance and jump height?
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-03-2010 , 05:18   Re: Values compared to ZM
Reply With Quote #2

Not at the moment.. the reason it's different is because in ZM you can only change the zombie's speed, and the zombie can only hold a knife. So overriding the speed with a new value is simple. The difference with ZR is humans can have different speeds and they have all weapons, which all have different speed settings. So what the speed number does is add to the current speed. So speed of 0 is no change. A speed of 25 is slightly increased.

The default player speed is ~250 (with most weapons. I think it's 320 with knife). So if you use 400 in ZM, then try something like 80 in ZR, for zombies at least.

Keep in mind there is currently a limit on the speed. The game clamps that value both with a server variable and a client variable. The server var can easily be changed, but I'm about to do some tests to see if I can manipulate the client variable, which is a cheat cvar. I think the limit is 400 by default.

Last edited by Greyscale; 07-03-2010 at 05:58.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2010 , 07:03   Re: Values compared to ZM
Reply With Quote #3

The speed values Greyscale is talking about is only in the development branch at the moment. In our stable branch the speed is changed by modifying the lagged movement value. 300 is normal speed, 600 is double, and 150 is half, etc.

I suppose we could backport that speed type selection feature: http://code.google.com/p/zombiereloa...11&repo=zr-dev

That will also make the stable branch support the new speed methods.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
anonpiss
Old 07-03-2010 , 10:12   Re: Values compared to ZM
Reply With Quote #4

Ah okay, I think I get it. So the amount that I set for speed in playerclasses.txt are "addition" to the current speed.

What if I want to slow it down? From the documentation it says that the limits/requirements is "10.0 - 2000.0"

By the way I am using the latest dev.
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-03-2010 , 14:32   Re: Values compared to ZM
Reply With Quote #5

The documentation is for the stable. You can use negative numbers to slow them down.