Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[l4d/l4d2] fast/rapid/sleight of hand reload time for all guns (including shotguns)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Pizza baiana
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
increase the reload speed of all weapons in the game (shotguns as well) and improve the rate of fire of some weapons
Old 06-06-2023 , 13:05   [l4d/l4d2] fast/rapid/sleight of hand reload time for all guns (including shotguns)
Reply With Quote #1

I've been looking for a plugin for a long time that improves the reloading of all firearms in left 4 dead 2 in a similar way with some modifications made to online servers, but I haven't found any plugin that works the way I was looking and wanting, so I decided to search some way to create a script or use plugins with advanced modification systems.

it is true that there is a mod from the steam workshop that improves the reloading of weapons but not all and excludes shotguns (for game coding reasons)

this is because the shotguns are coded and we can only make very few changes thus limiting mod producers to l4d2

this small limitation on weapons only exists in the second game because in the first game, there is a plugin that changes the reload speed of all weapons and I put the link below in case you play the first one as well.
It was only after researching that I discovered this information, I hope it is useful for you.

finally I managed to find the solution and manage to produce one for those who are looking for it!

I used the codes described by users in the post below and then made some changes to make them work correctly:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=331064

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

FEATURES:

there are two versions of this plugin

l4d2_PERKAHOLIC_WEAPONS.smx = improves the reload of all weapons and also improves the fire rate of some weapons:

- SPAS and AUTO SHOTGUN = +50% fire rate

- PUMP SHOTGUN and CHOME SHOTGUN = +30% firing rate

- AWP and SCOUT = +85% fire rate

- PISTOL'S = +30% fire rate

- HUNTING RIFLE and MILITARY SNIPER = +35% fire rate

- AK47 = +50% rate of fire

- M60 = +40% fire rate

- all weapons received +2x reload speed!

&

l4d2_ONLY_FAST_RELOAD_ALL_WEAPONS.smx = only improves weapon reload speed:

- all weapons received +2x reload speed! (ONLY)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEPENDENCIES FOR THIS PLUGIN TO WORK:

- [L4D/L4D2]WeaponHandling_API = https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=319947

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

A VARIATION OF THIS PLUGIN FOR LEFT 4 DEAD 1 PLAYERS:

the plugin below performs some more functions than reloading all weapons faster, functions that you choose to disable via cfg

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2639383

credits to the creator: Dragokas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you want to modify the firing rate of all weapons (except shotguns) via scripts you can do it easily, however to modify the firing rate of shotguns you will need the plugin in sp format and edit with Notepad ++ then just edit values for example: 1.50 to 1.75

INSTALLATION:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\plugins
Attached Files
File Type: smx l4d2_PERKAHOLIC_WEAPONS.smx (3.0 KB, 333 views)
File Type: smx l4d2_ONLY_FAST_RELOAD_ALL_WEAPONS.smx (2.9 KB, 476 views)
File Type: zip PLUGIN_SOURCE_CODE_TO_EDIT.zip (2.3 KB, 382 views)

Last edited by Pizza baiana; 06-07-2023 at 11:58.
Elite Biker
Old 06-08-2023 , 13:05   Re: [l4d/l4d2] fast/rapid/sleight of hand reload time for all guns (including shotgun
Reply With Quote #2

What is the difference between

Silvers Weapons Editor can be done for all weapons.
Orinuse Shotgun Handler uses WeaponHandling_API to make it happen.

[L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.19) [16-Dec-2022]
- Made by: Silvers

[L4D1/2] Shotgun Handler [05-Feb-2023]
- Made by: Orinuse

and Yes! About that Question of yours to the shotgun There is way to bypass it, And someone did it!

I mean, By using those plugins, It will allow you to customize it anytime you want too and gives you way more options.
- Great thanks for Silvers and Orinuse!!

Last edited by Elite Biker; 06-08-2023 at 13:15. Reason: Big Credits
Pizza baiana
Old 06-08-2023 , 16:56   Re: [l4d/l4d2] fast/rapid/sleight of hand reload time for all guns (including shotgun
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Biker View Post
What is the difference between

Silvers Weapons Editor can be done for all weapons.
Orinuse Shotgun Handler uses WeaponHandling_API to make it happen.

[L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.19) [16-Dec-2022]
- Made by: Silvers

[L4D1/2] Shotgun Handler [05-Feb-2023]
- Made by: Orinuse

and Yes! About that Question of yours to the shotgun There is way to bypass it, And someone did it!

I mean, By using those plugins, It will allow you to customize it anytime you want too and gives you way more options.
- Great thanks for Silvers and Orinuse!!
simply thank you, do you believe that I am only knowing this through your comment? If it wasn't for you, I would never know!!!!
Elite Biker
Old 06-09-2023 , 05:37   Re: [l4d/l4d2] fast/rapid/sleight of hand reload time for all guns (including shotgun
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza baiana View Post
simply thank you, do you believe that I am only knowing this through your comment? If it wasn't for you, I would never know!!!!
Btw, I seen alot of Copycats of Code too, from you. There is no reason to post them. Just letting you know. If you didn't make it you don't deserve to post it. Only the Creator is approved to post.

Last edited by Elite Biker; 06-09-2023 at 05:48.
Pizza baiana
Old 03-21-2024 , 11:00   Re: [l4d/l4d2] fast/rapid/sleight of hand reload time for all guns (including shotgun
Reply With Quote #5

my new plugin:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=346852
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2024 , 13:33   Re: [l4d/l4d2] fast/rapid/sleight of hand reload time for all guns (including shotgun
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza baiana View Post
https://github.com/eyal282/l4d2-gun-xp-rpg

My RPG plugin does a crapton of things that are incredibly different than other gamemodes

Even charger pet and riding your pet to the safe room

Discord: Eyal282#1334