Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Pug Setup (v2.0.7, 2021-11-03)

Post New Thread Reply   

splewis
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2014 , 22:45   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.0.0, 2014-7-13)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan32 View Post
Since you're updating, could you add a extra option on the plugin to set a password to be executed on lo3? I know you can do it through standard.cfg, but would be easy to control so.

EDIT: actually, everytime you go live and the passworg gets setted up, it seems like it always gets reset to none.
Hmmm, I can't figure out why it would get reset. I'll have to experiment with it. I like the idea though. The plugin *does* execute the game's standard competitive config (i.e. the matchmaking config) before it executes the standard.cfg (or whatever you pointed that cvar to), but that shouldn't be setting sv_password afiak.
Old 07-24-2014 , 23:10   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.0.0, 2014-7-13)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by splewis View Post
Hmmm, I can't figure out why it would get reset. I'll have to experiment with it. I like the idea though. The plugin *does* execute the game's standard competitive config (i.e. the matchmaking config) before it executes the standard.cfg (or whatever you pointed that cvar to), but that shouldn't be setting sv_password afiak.
Well, I've doubled checked and there is no passwords set on any of the configs besides standard, at least that I found. Either way, I believe its way better to just have that option so it enables when the match starts and disables when it ends.

Thank you for your quick responses btw!
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 07-25-2014 , 02:01   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.1.0, 2014-7-24)
Reply With Quote #13

Try version 1.1.0 in the first post, which uses a different formatting string, and I've used (most) of the parts of it on Windows servers successfully before.
Old 07-25-2014 , 21:46   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.1.0, 2014-7-24)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Try version 1.1.0 in the first post, which uses a different formatting string, and I've used (most) of the parts of it on Windows servers successfully before.
Plugin seems to be working quite well with auto-record on it. Thanks!
The only thing thats really missing is just that password toggle, and it's good to go. Good to actually have a plugin thats simple, light, and it's not a massive chaos like warmod.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2014 , 12:24   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.1.0, 2014-7-24)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Plugin seems to be working quite well with auto-record on it. Thanks!
The only thing thats really missing is just that password toggle, and it's good to go. Good to actually have a plugin thats simple, light, and it's not a massive chaos like warmod.
Thanks, warmod was definitely a little too crazy for a lot of people.

I'm looking into the password thing, I'm not sure if you'd want 2 cvars - a live password and a warmup password, or just a live password and restore the password to its original value when the game ends.
Old 07-26-2014 , 13:33   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.1.0, 2014-7-24)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Thanks, warmod was definitely a little too crazy for a lot of people.

I'm looking into the password thing, I'm not sure if you'd want 2 cvars - a live password and a warmup password, or just a live password and restore the password to its original value when the game ends.
It all comes down to you, to be honest. To be honest, I would just prefer a auto password for when it's live and just set the password to none as soon as it ends/warmup. Also, you might want to add a option to set the number of players in teams, or at least calculate the max teams the server can handle, because I have a 10 slots server and it still asks if we want to do a 6vs6 players, which is impossible.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2014 , 14:01   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.1.0, 2014-7-24)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
It all comes down to you, to be honest. To be honest, I would just prefer a auto password for when it's live and just set the password to none as soon as it ends/warmup. Also, you might want to add a option to set the number of players in teams, or at least calculate the max teams the server can handle, because I have a 10 slots server and it still asks if we want to do a 6vs6 players, which is impossible.
One problem is that running sv_password "" (removing the password) will not allow you to readd the password. It might on map change, but I believe it requires a full server restart.
Old 07-26-2014 , 14:22   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.1.0, 2014-7-24)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
One problem is that running sv_password "" (removing the password) will not allow you to readd the password. It might on map change, but I believe it requires a full server restart.
I believe it does not require any map change or a restart. Also, to reset, you can use sv_password none instead of "", which avoids any bugs. Let me know if you need a windows server to test on.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2014 , 14:34   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.1.0, 2014-7-24)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
I believe it does not require any map change or a restart. Also, to reset, you can use sv_password none instead of "", which avoids any bugs. Let me know if you need a windows server to test on.
Ahhh, I'll try that.
Old 07-26-2014 , 17:40   Re: [CS:GO] Pug Setup (v1.1.0, 2014-7-24)
Reply With Quote #20

I'm not having much luck with putting a password back on:
Code:
Cannot require sv_password when server is already reserved or clients connected!

Another non-passwordy idea that would fix my issue would a cvar be to kick players that join when the game is live and there are enough players on.

Last edited by splewis; 07-26-2014 at 17:41.