Post New Thread Reply   

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2010 , 03:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B76
Reply With Quote #741

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompetti View Post
Any progress on this issue?
I found a solution for this, but it won't fix the your problem if some other plugin has the same bug in it.

I added a check if the sound was already precached, but if some other plugin that precaches the sounds this plugin does, it will fail to the same error.

At the case above, you will have to ensure that custom player stats is executed last.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
azzofan
Old 05-09-2010 , 11:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B87
Reply With Quote #742

WHere is the update and create files in the zip file, not there?
pompetti
Old 05-09-2010 , 12:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B76
Reply With Quote #743

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
I found a solution for this, but it won't fix the your problem if some other plugin has the same bug in it.

I added a check if the sound was already precached, but if some other plugin that precaches the sounds this plugin does, it will fail to the same error.

At the case above, you will have to ensure that custom player stats is executed last.
It worked. I load l4d_stats.smx as the last plugin and things are working great again.. Thanks for all your work.
[-NM-] cal70d
Old 05-09-2010 , 12:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B87
Reply With Quote #744

Updated the plugin to v1.4B87
I'm now getting this error message:

[l4d_stats.smx] DisplayRank Query failed:
You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''STEAM_' at line 1L

Is this something I need to change? Before the last 2 plugin updates everything worked great.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2010 , 13:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B87
Reply With Quote #745

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzofan View Post
WHere is the update and create files in the zip file, not there?
Use install.php

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2010 , 13:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B87
Reply With Quote #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-NM-] cal70d View Post
Updated the plugin to v1.4B87
I'm now getting this error message:

[l4d_stats.smx] DisplayRank Query failed:
You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''STEAM_' at line 1L

Is this something I need to change? Before the last 2 plugin updates everything worked great.
Thanks. There's one similar entry at my logs too.

New version...
  • 9.5.2010 Plugin v1.4B88
    • Bugfixes - Timedmaps query failed because of a typo in a query. Query string length in DisplayRank was too short.

[-NM-] cal70d
Old 05-09-2010 , 14:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B87
Reply With Quote #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
New version...
  • 9.5.2010 Plugin v1.4B88
    • Bugfixes - Timedmaps query failed because of a typo in a query. Query string length in DisplayRank was too short.
Thank you for the quick reply and fix. Everything is working fine now.

We have really enjoyed your plugin/webstats since we installed them.
Inf3ct t3D
Old 05-09-2010 , 22:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B88
Reply With Quote #748

I have finally figured out the install process for this (mysql and php being totally new to me..)

The only thing I can't figure out is "Prepare my MYSQL database to accept connections from my web site and game server" now, my MYSQL database is completely website driven, so, how do I do this?

Anyway.. I am getting multiple errors when I try to run "install.php" on my site..

a few examples: I have replaced my real username with (myusername) for security reasons for this post only..

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/(myusername)/public_html/l4d_stats_web/install.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user '(myusername)'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/(myusername)/public_html/l4d_stats_web/common.php on line 255

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/(myusername)/public_html/l4d_stats_web/common.php on line 256

and about a hundred more like these..
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2010 , 03:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B88
Reply With Quote #749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf3ct t3D View Post
I have finally figured out the install process for this (mysql and php being totally new to me..)

The only thing I can't figure out is "Prepare my MYSQL database to accept connections from my web site and game server" now, my MYSQL database is completely website driven, so, how do I do this?

Anyway.. I am getting multiple errors when I try to run "install.php" on my site..

a few examples: I have replaced my real username with (myusername) for security reasons for this post only..

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/(myusername)/public_html/l4d_stats_web/install.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user '(myusername)'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/(myusername)/public_html/l4d_stats_web/common.php on line 255

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/(myusername)/public_html/l4d_stats_web/common.php on line 256

and about a hundred more like these..
This is why I don't want to give any detailed installation instructions. There are so many system variations that no matter how detailed instructions I would write, I could never help you all. So I go generic and say "42".

In your case, your DB user is not fully configured. That particular user does not have remote access rights set from localhost.

LOOK HERE

Last edited by muukis; 05-10-2010 at 10:18.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2010 , 16:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B89
Reply With Quote #750

Well here I go again... I am sorry about this fuck-up!
  • 10.5.2010 Plugin v1.4B89
    • Bugfixes - Still some typos in multiple places of the code. Damned!