12% 

[L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn

Post New Thread Reply   

KasperH
Old 11-19-2017 , 14:39   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
If that doesn't clear it up, then let me elaborate. This plugin uses functions coded into clientprefs extension. Based on the above output, it seems like the extension has not been installed properly. Do you have databases.cfg file in your configs folder? Open that file and post the output by removing your credentials.

This is what a default databases.cfg looks like.

PHP Code:
"Databases"
{

"driver_default"        "mysql"

// When specifying "host", you may use an IP address, a hostname, or a socket file path

"default"

{

"driver"            "default"
        "host"                "localhost"
        "database"            "sourcemod"
        "user"                "root"
        "pass"                ""

//"timeout"            "0"
        //"port"            "0"

}

"storage-local"

{

"driver"            "sqlite"
        "database"            "sourcemod-local"

}

"clientprefs"

{

"driver"            "sqlite"
        "host"                "localhost"
        "database"            "clientprefs-sqlite"
        "user"                "root"
        "pass"                ""

//"timeout"            "0"
        //"port"            "0"

}

This plugin will not work, unless you sort out your issues with the extensions. I also noticed that you have problems with a lot of other extensions as well. I would recommend you to fix all of them. Most of them are stock ones. Not sure what went wrong there.
If i remember correctly version 1.3.5 uses it. And can fix the first problem on 1.3.6, but the second problem still exists (can't collect gifts)

I dunno what the other problem is, since when a new sm version is out, i download it and rebuilt my server from scratch.

"I've Got You In My Sights!"
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2017 , 15:02   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperH View Post
If i remember correctly version 1.3.5 uses it. And can fix the first problem on 1.3.6, but the second problem still exists (can't collect gifts)

I dunno what the other problem is, since when a new sm version is out, i download it and rebuilt my server from scratch.
I can't help you, if you completely ignore the suggestion. Extension points to your databases.cfg and you are not checking it/fixing it.
Old 11-19-2017 , 17:36   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperH View Post

For your problem, check if you have the clientprefs.ext.dll extension and your configuration in the databases.cfg file as Spirit_12 said.
The problem that you can not collect gifts in version 1.3.6 is already fixed, I forgot to add a parameter in version 1.8 sourcemod.

I attach the fixed plugin, version 1.3.6.1 for sourcemod 1.8.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_gifts.sp - 127 views - 38.4 KB)
File Type: smx l4d2_gifts.smx (41.1 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by Aceleracion; 11-19-2017 at 17:37.
Aceleracion
Old 11-19-2017 , 17:48   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksfishin View Post
Since i cannot compile this plugin. Is it possible to create a cvar to disable databases? nevermind got fix
It is better to compile the complement, I would like to know why you can not compile.

Greetings.
ricksfishin
Old 11-19-2017 , 21:23   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #45

I do not know why. I can compile plugins on web compiler as long as they don't have include files.
Server side i can't and i can't local. I tried the drag sp to scripting folder to compile i tried compile.sh compile.exe spcomp.exe and spcomp. None produced a smx Have linux server windows os.

when i try command promt using this. In Windows, open up a command prompt for cmd.

Using this cd <sourcemod>\scripting
spcomp myplugin.sp

cd <sourcemod>\scripting spcomp l4d2_gifts.sp
It says the system cannot find the file specified.

Then this
./compile.sh myplugin.sp

./compile.sh l4d2_gifts.sp
It says is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program are batch file.

Any help would be great. Thank you
Aceleracion
Old 11-19-2017 , 21:37   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksfishin View Post
I do not know why. I can compile plugins on web compiler as long as they don't have include files.
Server side i can't and i can't local. I tried the drag sp to scripting folder to compile i tried compile.sh compile.exe spcomp.exe and spcomp. None produced a smx Have linux server windows os.

when i try command promt using this. In Windows, open up a command prompt for cmd.

Using this cd <sourcemod>\scripting
spcomp myplugin.sp

cd <sourcemod>\scripting spcomp l4d2_gifts.sp
It says the system cannot find the file specified.

Then this
./compile.sh myplugin.sp

./compile.sh l4d2_gifts.sp
It says is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program are batch file.

Any help would be great. Thank you
In Windows, compile the file as the image says. You must have the include files that the plugin requires to compile, otherwise you will get an error.

Name:  Captura2.JPG
Views: 605
Size:  37.2 KB

I compiled in windows and linux in that way and it does not give me problems. Maybe it is not doing well.
Now, I edit and compile my files using Pawn Studio or Sublime Text.

Greetings.

Last edited by Aceleracion; 11-19-2017 at 21:45.
Striker black
Old 11-19-2017 , 22:50   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #47

I would like giving an idea for this complement that it does not stop surprising me.
Let's say that, on having killed the infected one, it leaves a special gift, and when it is opened, the gift will generate a pet
Exactly what this plugin does but merged and improved with "[L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn" https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...25&postcount=1

Another serious idea that when you open the gifts a crown appears https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...84&postcount=1
_____________________________________________ ______________________

Last edited by Striker black; 01-11-2019 at 14:03.
Aceleracion
Old 11-20-2017 , 00:50   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker black View Post
I would like giving an idea for this complement that it does not stop surprising me.
Let's say that, on having killed the infected one, it leaves a special gift, and when it is opened, the gift will generate a pet
Exactly what this plugin does but merged and improved with "[L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn" https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...25&postcount=1

Another serious idea that when you open the gifts a crown appears https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...84&postcount=1
_____________________________________________ ______________________

Thank you very much . I did not know what the gift model was like, the sounds and generate the gift, so I relied on the "L4D2 Pet Christmas" plugin to do it together with the gifts I saw on the servers that I played two years ago "LegionZ, PlanetSky, Core-ss.org" and now I recently uploaded it to the forums because I wanted to share it. I liked the idea of showing a crown when you pick up a gift. In a future version I will put it, maybe for the special gift or another type of gift.
I'm going to share more plugins of mine that are used a lot on current servers.

Greetings.

Last edited by Aceleracion; 11-20-2017 at 00:51.
KasperH
Old 11-20-2017 , 03:52   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
I can't help you, if you completely ignore the suggestion. Extension points to your databases.cfg and you are not checking it/fixing it.
I'm not ignoring you, as i said copying back the default database.cfg fixes the problem, no more "unable to load" error logs. To be clear i downloaded the zip on the first post for 1.8 and overwrite the files. But i didn't know i don't need the plugins database.cfg when i'm using in false mode.

KasperH
Old 11-20-2017 , 04:11   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceleracion View Post
For your problem, check if you have the clientprefs.ext.dll extension and your configuration in the databases.cfg file as Spirit_12 said.
The problem that you can not collect gifts in version 1.3.6 is already fixed, I forgot to add a parameter in version 1.8 sourcemod.

I attach the fixed plugin, version 1.3.6.1 for sourcemod 1.8.
I have all the files that comes in the zip when i download sm. Copying back the default database.cfg fixes the problem. I didn't know i don't need the plugins database (When copying from the zip overwrites the default.) when using in false mode.

Thank you for the update everything works fine again! No more error logs.

Last edited by KasperH; 11-20-2017 at 04:13. Reason: chicken